Natural methods for getting whiter teeth

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Natural methods for getting whiter teeth

Post by andyville »

I feel like my teeth have a yellow tint to them since I started the Wai diet, and I would definitely like to get rid of it.

There are a bunch of natural treatments posted online, which supposedly give you whiter teeth. These include apple cider vinegar, baking soda, oil pulling, et cetera. Just because something is natural, however, it is not necessarily safe.

So... I was wondering if anyone has experience with ways of whitening your teeth, without ruining them in the process. Any input would be much appreciated!

HAVE A SWEET 2010 EVERYBODY!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't have any personal experience with it, but you might want to think about whether you want to take the risk of tampering with your teeth.
snowbunny

Post by snowbunny »

In the past, I have used hydrogen peroxide to rinse, and I also have brushed with baking soda and water. Both methods yielded somewhat good, although limited, results. Both methods decreased the staining, and lightened my teeth a few shades whiter. But, neither method whitens to anywhere even approaching pure white. I am not sure which method would be considered safer.
"All Knowledge Is Worth Having." - Jacqueline Carey
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Whitening your teeth always includes eliminating some of the protective layer on your teeth,
so that it always has a detrimental effect.
In my experience, consuming lots of OJ basically has the same effect; it whitenes your teeth.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Oscar, not considering brushing, just rinsing teeth with water after consuming OJ would help against acid?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, that would help.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Carbaminde peroxide 20% gel gets mine very white after one nights use and I top it up each month or so. It effective if used and not abused. I have these custom teeth trays so the gel hits the teeth and keep it off the gums as the oxygen kills.
Mr. PC

Re: Natural methods for getting whiter teeth

Post by Mr. PC »

While this is nowhere near natural, my mom got a coupon for laser teeth whitening. Since I switched from store-bought juice to making my own, my teeth are no longer sensitive, but they are (always have been) very yellow. I'm thinking of getting the laser, but I wonder *how* harmful it would be.