Gas, stomach pain, frequent urination and cramp

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Gas, stomach pain, frequent urination and cramp

Post by fred »

Hello!

I started the diet 3 days ago, and I have the following problems :
-Too much gas and abdominal pain because of the fibers.
-Frequent urination because of the high water content of fruits.
-Cramps.

I strictly follow the diet (I was already raw fooder before, on a very low carb diet). I juice some fruits to avoid fibers but drinking is not as satisfying as eating real fruit. I use mainly coconut oil because I don't like OO taste.

Thank's for your help!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hi Fred, welcome!

On this diet, you'll never experience the same satisfying feeling you do when on a "normal" diet. That's because you eat only tiny amounts of food very frequently. Key is to learn to feel when you need some energy again, and stop immediately when your energy is up again, instead of listening to your stomach hunger. So actually, it's way easier (and more satisfying) to juice everything, because you are able to manage your energy more accurate :wink:

If you really need to eat something/if you can't juice all fruits, try eating fruits very low in fibers, like melon or cucumber. Juice the rest.
I noticed that it gets easier to drink your fruit when you're longer on the diet. But that really is a psychological thing.

Cramps could be due to eating fibers too soon after eating proteinious foods. Wait at least a few hours after eating fish/yolks before eating fruits again. I don't give you an exact time because it differs per person. It might be "only" 2 hours for you, while somebody else has to wait 3 hours. So if you are now waiting 2 hours for example, try waiting 3 hours and see how that goes.
fred

Post by fred »

Thank's Iris for your answer,

They are some fruits I can't juice, like banana which is a staple for me!

And what about urination? I frequently need to go to the bathroom. This is not convenient and not very healthy.

Cramps are not caused by mixing protein and fiber for me. I have noticed that seafood (oysters, etc.) reduce them. I believe it is more related to a mineral imbalance.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: They are some fruits I can't juice, like banana which is a staple for me!
Just juice the fruits that you can juice easily.
And what about urination? I frequently need to go to the bathroom.
As long as your body (still) contains stuff that your body wants to dispose (such as ureum, minerals or other stuff),
the disposal of water results in urination, but once that is no longer the case, it also results in evaporation.
Then you can drink lots of juice without much urination.
This is not convenient and not very healthy.
Frequent urination is a symptom of some disorders (including early stage diabetes), but here it is a symptom, not the / a cause.
If you drink a few gallons of water daily, do you still think that frequent urination is unhealthy?
Of course not, it is to get rid of the water that you dont need.
In the case of some disorders, the frequent urination is to get rid of excess glucose, or minerals, or even toxins.
And if your body needs/wants to retain certain minerals, it will,
and they will not get lost by the extra urination.
Cramps are not caused by mixing protein and fiber for me.
Its probably too much fiber.
I have noticed that seafood (oysters, etc.) reduce them.
Yes, because they dont contain fiber.
I believe it is more related to a mineral imbalance.
What mineral is it that you are lacking? (or excess?)
fred

Post by fred »

I have muscle cramps even on a carnivorous diet (zero fibers) when I overate meat and fat. Mineral rich food (like oysters) always reduce them, so it's why I believe it is related to a mineral imbalance (magnesium, potassium, etc.). but that's just an hypothese.

Anyway, I'll reduce my fiber intake and eat seafood to see how it goes.

Thank's for the explanation !
fred

Post by fred »

By the way, I have mycosis.
Is Waydiet efficient against mycosis ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: I have muscle cramps even on a carnivorous diet (zero fibers) when I overate meat and fat. Mineral rich food (like oysters) always reduce them, so it's why I believe it is related to a mineral imbalance (magnesium, potassium, etc.). but that's just an hypothese.
Oysters are not generally rich in minerals,
but they are specifically high in zinc (even extremely high): 6 to 160 mg (!) / 100 g.
and copper: 1.2 to 3.7 mg / 100 g.
What other foods reduced cramps in your experience?

Oysters are not high in potassium (110 to 258 mg/ 100g);
even fruits like muskmelon, guava, granadilla, apricot, peach and plums contain more potassium.
Dried fruits (raisins, dates, figs etc up to 970 mg), avocado (400 to 700 mg / 100 g) and banana (348 to 509 mg/100g)
actually contain much more potassium.
Also beef and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna contain more potassium.

Oysters do not contain that much magnesium either
(Pacific oysters contain about 22 mg, Eastern wild oysters 47 mg, Estern farmed 33 mg / 100 g)
Hazelnuts / cobnut: 156 mg / 100 g.
Coconut: 39 mg.
sweet almond: 170 mg.
Brazil nuts 160 mg.
Walnuts 129 mg.
Papaya 40 mg
Banana 36 mg
Kiwi 24 mg.
Dried figs 70 mg
Avocado 29 mg
Raisins 41 mg
Salmon 29 mg
Tuna 50 mg
fred wrote:By the way, I have mycosis.
Is Waydiet efficient against mycosis ?
I dont recall anybody here with mycosis before.
"Mycosis is a condition in which fungi pass the resistance barriers of the human or animal body and establish infections"
So, basically, its an 'error' in your defense system,
which might be triggered by a lack of proper training (by natural bacteria present in raw animal foods),
and /or an overload of toxins.
In that case, the diet might very well have a positive influence, indeed.
fred

Post by fred »

Actually I have found that oysters are the most efficient against muscle cramps. I have just noticed that lots of (or excess) fat or carbs (I had also cramps on a high fruits diet, especially with bananas) trigger cramps. Oysters relieve them, and it maybe the minerals or any other components in them (zinc indeed seem to be effective against cramp : http://www.google.fr/search?q=zinc+cram ... =firefox-a). I should try other food very high in zinc to see if they have the same effect on cramps as oysters.

I don't think my mycosis is caused by a lack of bacteria in my food because I have eaten raw food for more than 10 years now, including aged meat full of bacteria, etc. It started after I took some DMPS to chelate mercury and other heavy metals. I suspect the DMPS has released some mercury in my body and the fungus that can thrive on heavy metals could developed. Just an hypothesis again...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:Actually I have found that oysters are the most efficient against muscle cramps. ... I should try other food very high in zinc to see if they have the same effect on cramps as oysters.
I dont know of any other food containing nearly as much zinc.
I think its unique.
You could try to see what a zinc supplement does in comparison...
I have just noticed that lots of (or excess) fat or carbs (I had also cramps on a high fruits diet, especially with bananas) trigger cramps.
How big are your meals?
How many meals per day? (including drinking juice etc)
zinc indeed seem to be effective against cramp : http://www.google.fr/search?q=zinc+cram ... =firefox-a).
And omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, vitamin E and vitamin B1.
But since you respond to the oysters so well, its probably the zinc, indeed.
my mycosis ...It started after I took some DMPS to chelate mercury and other heavy metals. I suspect the DMPS has released some mercury in my body and the fungus that can thrive on heavy metals could developed. Just an hypothesis again...
Ah....
How long ago (and how much) did you take the DMPS?
DMPS (Dimaval; 2,3-dimercapto-1-propane sulfonate, Na+) is used for removing mercury, arsenic and lead. Very effective.
But...
DMPS can also bond to copper and zinc in particular (significantly elevated levels of zinc and copper in urine),
which 2 are precisely over-represented in oysters...
So, maybe you just have a lack of free zinc (and copper) due to taking the DMPS...
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:How big are your meals?
How many meals per day? (including drinking juice etc)
I have one food intake (1 fruit+coconut oil or 1 avocado or some seafood/fish) approximatively every hour. But my cramps seem to improve. The first 2 days, I had less frequent bigger meals.

Ah....
How long ago (and how much) did you take the DMPS?
I had one IV of DMPS in march 2009, and 4 times orally the following months. I stopped the IV because this gave me tremendous headache, and I read that oral DMPS was more efficient.
DMPS (Dimaval; 2,3-dimercapto-1-propane sulfonate, Na+) is used for removing mercury, arsenic and lead. Very effective.
But...
DMPS can also bond to copper and zinc in particular (significantly elevated levels of zinc and copper in urine),
which 2 are precisely over-represented in oysters...
So, maybe you just have a lack of free zinc (and copper) due to taking the DMPS...
My high fruits period when I got cramps was before taking DMPS.
Maybe excess calories from fat or carbs deplete minerals stores ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: I have one food intake (1 fruit+coconut oil or 1 avocado or some seafood/fish) approximatively every hour.
Try eating more frequently; like every 15 minutes, if you can.
My high fruits period when I got cramps was before taking DMPS.
Your cramps are likely influenced by multiple factors (as generally is the case).
High fiber may be one factor.
The DMPS probably aggravated your situation by depleting zinc,
zinc seems to help you.
Maybe excess calories from fat or carbs deplete minerals stores ?
Excess calories would have led to serious weight gain.
You did not experience that, did you?
Simply replacing protein by carbs / fat would not make a difference, as protein utilization also requires zinc and other minerals.
Only consuming too big meals may have caused a (temporary) excess (and subsequent storage and utilization).
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:Try eating more frequently; like every 15 minutes, if you can.
Even with solid food ? It would mean eating 1/2 or 1/4 fruit every 15 minutes. Not very convenient.
Do you think this 15 minutes frequency would be better than 1 hour for me ?
Excess calories would have led to serious weight gain.
You did not experience that, did you?
Simply replacing protein by carbs / fat would not make a difference, as protein utilization also requires zinc and other minerals.
Only consuming too big meals may have caused a (temporary) excess (and subsequent storage and utilization).
I did not experience weight gain. Actually, I have always been skinny, whatever I eat.
So it would be more related to the size of the meals : excess calories and nutrients were not properly metabolized, leading to deficiencies ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:
RRM wrote:Try eating more frequently; like every 15 minutes, if you can.
Even with solid food ? It would mean eating 1/2 or 1/4 fruit every 15 minutes. Not very convenient.
Do you think this 15 minutes frequency would be better than 1 hour for me ?
Not very convenient indeed.
But this way you can find out whether your body prefers less energy in one sitting.
Its just for the sake of your experiment to find out what is going on exactly.
excess calories and nutrients were not properly metabolized, leading to deficiencies ?
That seems very unlikely to me, as once these minerals are involved in metabolizing nutrients,
these nutrients are utilized.
I think that your issue involves multiple factors.
Maybe you did not experience a lack of zinc before taking the DMPS.
But if you already had a zinc deficiency, taking the DMPS surely aggravated that.
Did you ever consume raw grains for a while?
Particularly raw grains contain high levels of phytic acid that readily causes a zinc deficiency.
It may also be that your cramps were caused by high fiber intakes.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:But this way you can find out whether your body prefers less energy in one sitting.
Its just for the sake of your experiment to find out what is going on exactly.
Well, I have a pretty good energy today by eating very frequently, but I remember during my high fruits period that if I eat lots of fruits in one sitting, I can have a rush of energy (with the need to run, etc.) followed by a deep fatigue if I don't burn the sugar. I would like to have this high energy all day, without fatigue. Is-it possible with WaiDiet ?
I think that your issue involves multiple factors.
Maybe you did not experience a lack of zinc before taking the DMPS.
But if you already had a zinc deficiency, taking the DMPS surely aggravated that.
Did you ever consume raw grains for a while?
Particularly raw grains contain high levels of phytic acid that readily causes a zinc deficiency.
It may also be that your cramps were caused by high fiber intakes.
I ate lots of grains (including whole grains) during my first 27 years because I though it was healthy. This damaged my gut, and I probably have some deficiencies now caused by malabsorbtion. I can't tolerate much fibers for example without gas and abdominal pain. I have not eaten any grain for 13 years now. But I ate lots fibers from vegetables/fruits during 5 years when I change my diet (at 28 years old).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote:I remember during my high fruits period that if I eat lots of fruits in one sitting, I can have a rush of energy (with the need to run, etc.) followed by a deep fatigue if I don't burn the sugar.
Yes, because then the insulin makes sure that the extra sugar is stored as glycogen and fat.
So, when you dont need to run, just eat small meals frequently.
the moment that your energy levels go down a bit, eat something more.
So, you dont plan your meals, but you listen to your energy levels;
whenever you need some energy, you take some.
And you keep listening.
I would like to have this high energy all day, without fatigue. Is-it possible with WaiDiet ?
Its very much possible.
We all have it on this diet.
Its just that it takes time getting used to listening to your energy levels.
With normal diets you just listen to your stomach and your addiction.
With this diet you listen to your blood sugar levels.
I ate lots of grains (including whole grains) during my first 27 years because I though it was healthy. This damaged my gut, and I probably have some deficiencies now caused by malabsorbtion. I can't tolerate much fibers for example without gas and abdominal pain. I have not eaten any grain for 13 years now. But I ate lots fibers from vegetables/fruits during 5 years when I change my diet (at 28 years old).
Luckily the body is very good in recovering.
Fiber also inhibits zinc absorption, so that when you may lack zinc,
its smart to limit your fiber intake for a while.
Lets see how you feel when you strongly limit fiber intake for a while.