Resting Heart Rate

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
martianwarrior
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Resting Heart Rate

Post by martianwarrior »

how long have you been on Wai?

what is you resting heart rate (heart beats per minute)?
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

10 months

48 bpm
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

4.5 years

63 bpm
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

15 years

47 bpm (the 1st time i measured it was 52, the 2nd time 48, then 47)

Maybe it would be interesting to ask for the level of physical activity,
as its very much related.
My daily job involves a lot of speed walking, sometimes up to 8 hours a day.
Of course there a slow days too.
I dont do any sports, other than isolation excercises.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

thanks for pointing that out RRM. how could i forget to ask that!?
you also lift weights right? that can give a good cardio workout, depending on what you are doing.
all that walking is awesome for your heart, for sure.

oscar, what is your activity level like?

my mixed martial arts training is rather cardio intense most of the time, even when i'm not specifically doing cardio training. i get such a good cardio workout from boxing and jiu jitsu that i don't even feel the need to go jogging anymore but i think i'm going to start sprinting again. i used to do that when i was younger and it's just fun.

the typical healthy adult has a resting heart rate between 60-80 bpm.
it's quite common for athletes to have resting heart rates below 60 bpm.
Lance Armstrong reportedly has a resting heart rate of 32 bpm! :shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

martianwarrior wrote: you also lift weights right? that can give a good cardio workout, depending on what you are doing.
Depending on the activity, yes. In my case its not the weight lifting,
as i only do one daily approx. 10 x 10 reps isolation exercise (nothing like cardio)
all that walking is awesome for your heart, for sure.
Indeed, its the speedwalking.
In full action its really walking as fast as possible, without actually running. (constantly ground connected)
Low level cardio endurance, i guess.
I regularly have muscle pains in my butt-muscles, as the level of activity is not constant, at all. (slow periods alternated with extremely busy periods)
I think it also helps that when i was a teenager, i did different sports fanatically,
plus i daily tried to outrun myself on a 5 km course,
as it seems that extensive cardio exercises at young age have a lasting effect.
i get such a good cardio workout from boxing and jiu jitsu that i don't even feel the need to go jogging anymore
and its more healthy for your joints than jogging.
but i think i'm going to start sprinting again. i used to do that when i was younger and it's just fun.
Yes, its just natural to be able to sprint well (fight or flight response)

Lance Armstrong reportedly has a resting heart rate of 32 bpm! :shock:
Miguel Indurain, one of the big bosses of the Tour de France previous to Armstrong,
"had a resting heart rate of 28 beats per minute, one of the lowest ever recorded in a healthy human".
How to somewhat maintain that in a healthy way?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not that active at the moment, but I'm going to start running again, so we might see some changes in my heart rate. Btw it depends on your running technique if it's going to be bad for your joints or not...most amateur runners do have a joint damaging technique, though. ;)
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

"had a resting heart rate of 28 beats per minute, one of the lowest ever recorded in a healthy human".
How to somewhat maintain that in a healthy way?
that's just bizarre to me. perhaps i'm wrong, but that just seems too low.

most amateur runners do have a joint damaging technique, though.
i think the key is to stay on your toes and not let your heels slap the ground. that's hard to do when you run long distance or if you don't have enough energy before you start the run.
also, you should not lead with your heels.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

btw...

a healthy heart and good cardio will be extremely important...

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Too bad i cannot run anymore.... (had a fractured ankle due to an accident) AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Fear not, RRM! there is always

Yep, that's kind of the running technique needed. Not that easy to get right without training/instruction.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

don't worry RRM, you can borrow my hot air balloon. just make sure you bring it back in one piece. :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hmmm, hot air balloon....
What if i inflate my ego a bit more?
if i keep doing that, eventually i will rise above everyone!!!
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dime

Re: Resting Heart Rate

Post by dime »

Btw that running technique is much more natural when you're sprinting. With slow jogging as everyone is doing it's pretty much impossible to maintain running smoothly, and you end up bouncing up and down with every step hitting all possible joints :)

The reason it works well when sprinting is because of the momentum you have, you barely touch the ground. By the time your feet lands on the ground it is already somewhere exactly below you (not in front), and then it's even hard to step on the heel.