Curly blog & Bates Method

If your interest doesn't fit anywhere else, leave it here.
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Curly blog & Bates Method

Post by CurlyGirl »

I have been a Wai follower for some time now, and I've been posting here since late last year. I'm so keen to share this diet with other people, and since I've just started up a new online blog, I thought I'd add in a link to youngerthanyourage.com, so that anyone who reads my blog will have the chance to discover more about Wai and RRM's amazing, important work.

If anyone wants to check out my blog, go to: http://humanlanguage.blogspot.com

To Wai and RRM: you have changed my life. Thank you for making this information available to so many people, and most of all, thank you for taking the time to make all your detailed replies to our questions and comments on this board (and the old board). I (and many others) have only benefitted from this knowledge, and from knowing that there are some people who don't believe in making money out of people's gullibility, but rather wish to help people with honest, well-informed information. Thank you so very much.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nice pic, not the curly hair I expected though. ;)
huntress

Post by huntress »

I like the idea of your blog CurlyGirl! I think this is what a blog should be: spreading positive thoughts and ideas rather than exploiting one's private life over the internet. :roll:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks, Oscar.... actually it is curly, I just had it cut before that picture was taken, and the hairdresser straightened it! I much prefer it curly though!

Thanks, huntress! I get so tired of people unveiling all their inner secrets to millions of strangers on the Internet every day.... I refuse to discuss my very personal details online, and won't mention friends or family members by name (i.e. surname). It is important to keep one's privacy in this Orwellian age, but I also recognise the benefit of being able to disseminate my thoughts and opinions to a wider audience (that is assuming that people actually read my blog - but then I did once come across another blog whose author said, 'there are 6 billion people on this planet; therefore there is bound to be someone who will read my ramblings...')! Tee-hee
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it also looks good without curls. Have you already started on getting your eyesight back to normal? Or was that someone else?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thank you, Oscar. :D

Yes, it is me, I do have problems with my eyesight, and I do intend for it to improve as a result of this diet. I haven't been following the diet long enough to 'see' any results, though - I think this sort of repair work takes the body several months, if not years. But I will stay faithful to the diet anyway! There are many more benefits aside from (possibly) improved eyesight that give me all the motivation I need...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe you could look into the Bates' method, or someone associated with the Natural Vision Center. I did a course and read a book, and it sounds and feels as logical as the diet. This author Tom Quackenbush wrote an extensive book about this method.

Link: http://www.naturalvisioncenter.com/
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks, Oscar. I actually have a book about the Bates method, that has been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for a while. I always promised myself to read it, but never did. So perhaps now is my chance. There is another programme for improving your eyesight, at www.rebuildyourvision.com. It is pretty expensive, but I don't live in the Netherlands to be able to attend the Tom Quackenbush lectures, so maybe this programme is a better option.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I haven't had the time to look into it in detail, but I read they have exercises, whereas Tom Q. stresses that you actually have to relearn the right vision habits, meaning 24 hours a day. Also it should be based upon relaxation, since our muscles are cramped from the years of bad vision habits. You could buy his book and do it with only that. The course was surely helpful, but I think it can be done with only the book.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks for your advice, Oscar. I think you're right, the 'Rebuild Your Vision' website sounds like it's all about quick fixes - "25min per day is all it takes to regain perfect vision", etc etc. I am wary of things like that, usually. I will order the Quackenbush book.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

By the way, Oscar, what sort of improvement have you noticed with these methods? Have you had any eye tests to confirm that your prescription has changed? I'm not trying to be a stickler for 'scientific' results, but it does help in terms of motivation!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I bought the book last september, and immediately decided to quit wearing my contacts. I also tried to wear my glasses only when I couldn't avoid it. My vision being -9.5/-8.5 this wasn't/isn't always easy. After 3 weeks I got my reduced prescription glasses, and at that time my vision had already improved 0.5 diopters. I notice a gradual, albeit very small improvement every day, but I know it's going to take quite a while.

Since that first test I haven't had any others. The circumstances of those tests aren't the most ideal by the way. Bad lighting, you're forced to stare and strain, etc. Since vision can be related to stress(y situations), your vision is due to be worse then.

Anyway, let me know how things go, and if you've got any questions, I'll be happy to (try to) answer them.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Hey CurlyGirl and Oscar,
have you tried pin-hole glasses? They're inexpensive, relatively, and it's easy to train your eyes with them. Just wear them and that's it.
http://www.google.se/images?hl=sv&q=pin ... CEAQsAQwAw
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I have tried them. According to Tom Quackenbush they are a tool, but not essential. Maybe it helps more if you wear them more often.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I wear strong glasses but have researched the topic indepth. There are a lot of schools of thought on which is the best method to cure eyesight, however in the modern world of televisions and computers it's very, very difficult. Eating a good diet like the wai diet helps it go faster, but it's still a semi-year or yearly ordeal to cure seriously bad vision. Unlike wounds or diseased parts of the body, an incorrect way of learning to see (nearsighted or farsighted) are psychological problems. It's the same with bad posture, or mouthbreathing (incorrect use of lungs for breath). They are learned behaviours so the body cannot completely and radically heal itself of these issues. Anyway, the best way to go about this is in a relaxed, time-free setting. Be prepared to spend many months away from televisions, computers (for long periods of time). Try to balance as much time as possible refocusing on distant things if you're nearsighted, and vice versa for farsightedness. An experienced teacher would definitely help, no need to spend money for guidance all the way through though. Just for the basics, and don't waste money on amatuers as it makes all the difference. Things like this are really easy to get scammed on because results are longterm and hard to discern between quacks and the real thing. The best way is to search youtube videos for people who cured eyesight, and I mean average people, in their dorm rooms and such, explaining excercises that cured them (not the ones that are 'trying' - these people are just blabbering in the wind). These are non-money motivated sources. Also, a great thing to learn to do is learn to blink, you shouldn't even feel it, natural blinks happen so fast you can't even percieve them if not paying a lot of attention. It's important to stay hydrated (orange juice preferably), keep toxin amounts to the absolute minimum (for less body stress and mind stress), do excercises everyday, even if for just 5 minutes at the start until it becomes a habit. Then, much like breathing, or posture, you will slowly adapt more correct ways of seeing into your life. Given time, these correct methods will relax the strained eye muscles permenantly (you might experience clear flashes - temporary clearer vision from temporary eye muscle relaxation). This is a good sign, but don't expect good signs, don't expect any progress at all - you will just imagine things. Just keep doing them no matter how silly it feels and a year later you'll be amazed. It shouldn't be hard work, just a habit, like breathing. you do it 24/7 yet you don't think it's hard, so neither should be seeing, it's only hard at first (for the people with glasses). Pinhole glasses are not the answer, they are the equivalent to using pills to fix depression. For driving wear as weak a prescription as is safe for you, or take buses or walk, which is better for you anyway. Buses mean no car insurance, and you can browse the wai forums while commuting! Just my 2 cents.