Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Beautiful! :)
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Beautiful indeed. Oscar let me know how it goes with the running. Do you have a strong muscle memory to change? I mean, did you run a lot before.
RRM, thanks for the thread. 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Changing from non-Pose to Pose was a big change, which actually made it easier. I'm expecting not to have to change much this time around.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

I see. Good luck to you!
I took a pic of my home made sandals to show you. I have no idea how to attach the picture here though.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You have to upload it somewhere online, and then link to there.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cool! How did you make them? They seem to follow the curves of your feet very well, or is that just because the soles are thin? Are they comfy?

Funny to see the Chiquita banana boxes in the background ;)
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

8) The banana boxes are from the food store, I picked them up. I live very low budget and don't have much furniture so I use banana boxes for storage. I even made a banana box bed once but now I sleep on the floor again. It feels hard the first nights but then it just feels great.

I made the sandals from two things: old soles from a pair of slippers that had the cloth covering broken, so I removed the rests of that, stripped them totally, and elastic spring. The soles are very thin and flexible, and as you said, the soles follow the curves of the feet. I used a large needle and put my feet on the soles to see where to place the elastic. 8)

When these sandals break, I'll make new ones with leather soles, I'll buy something like an old lether bag at the second hand store and cut out soles. Elastics do the trick for me so I'll stick with that.
It's funny how comfortable these sandals are, and so good for running. They are very light, just 42-43g a piece.

I'll be out of town for a couple of days, I'll be around soon again. Have a nice week-end!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You sleep straight on the floor?? :shock:
Wow, that's really spartan ;)
You use them for running too? Don't they slip or shift?

Enjoy the weekend :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

what do you guys think of sleeping on hammocks like in the middle east? seems like it would be better for your back, less focused pressure points? im sure the really moon shaped ones might hurt your back but stiffer ones but not as solid as a mattress would help dont ya think? plus its easier to carry from place to place, doesnt collect as much oils/mites etc etc
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

Hammocks can be really comfy. When I lived in a student dorm I had two hammocks in my room, my neighbours came and put their baby to sleep in them. I slept in athe hammocks for two years, really good times. It has to be a mexican style hammock for me though, something like this:
http://storafamnen.se/storafamnen_mer.html
It shapes itelf snugly around the body. I would hang up one in my room now, but there's no permit to drill holes in the walls where I reside today. The floor is fine for sleeping, too. I sleep through the night like a baby. Try that some time, Oscar! :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I sometimes wonder how we are supposed to sleep naturally, but somehow a flat floor doesn't seem to accommodate our body enough (not to mention it's not that comfy of course...yikes! ;)). Do you use a pillow?
panacea

Post by panacea »

there are indeed natural sleeping positions.. most I know of are mens.. to protect our penises from insects and stuff in the wild, however I believe the most natural sleeping position is a sort of fetus/on-the-side huddling in a group of people type position, for added warmth (we don't have much fur).

but even wild animals soon take custom to soft sofas, easy chairs, etc. So the most optimal sleeping position is one that has gravity (outerspace situations are unnatural to the extreme and have negative effects on circulation and whatnot) but exudes pressure as equally along your body as possible, like in a hammock. As long as you get moderate excercise your bones won't suffer from lack of use by having a stress-free bed. It makes logical sense to have a stress-free sleep because that is the time for restoration, whereas barefoot, and somewhat stressfull (but fun!) walking is good for you whilst awake because it does that bone-shock-strength thing and aligns your skeletal system etc etc.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

I sleep with a pillow under my neck and most of the time another pillow under my hip/pelvis, but then again sometimes I wake up holding that pillow in my arms. In my experience, a hammock is the most comfortable place to sleep.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Now a hammock sounds far more attractive than the floor. ;)
Why specifically a Mexican one btw?

I'm not so sure about that fetus position, because without something to support the head, the neck is going to be under strain, I think. On the back seems more comfy.

On topic: my shoes have arrived! :D
They are quite light, and without the insole they feel barefooty. I'm not sure if I have time to try them out tomorrow, because I'm having 'dinner' with RRM and Iris ;)