Improved eyesight! & Bates' method

Share your testimony to encourage others.
dadasarah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dadasarah »

They'll do it without a prescription? Neat. I might do that.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Thanks, Tim, for the link!
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

They do ask for the name and phone number of your eye doctor, but I don't think they contact him or anything.
noneother

Post by noneother »

so can i ask if Bate's method is better or is Eyebody method better?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You can ask for sure, but I don't think there is an answer. Eyebody combines the Bates Method with the Alexander Technique. I would suggest that whichever you choose, you take a course/workshop in it.
noneother

Post by noneother »

can someone describe how to perform conscious depth perception? it's not described properly in the eyebody book
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not sure, but it seems to me it has to do with experiencing the 3D effect. This can be done with one and/or two eyes.
Kasper

Re: Improved eyesight! & Bates' method

Post by Kasper »

Did you in the end improve you eyesight oscar by these methods ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, but I haven't been at it lately. My current glasses are too comfy so I tend to forget to take them off, plus I'm spending far too much time at the computer (with glasses).
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

But do you know anything about the changes in the glasses you needed.

Like going from -3 to -1 or something ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I started at L: -9.5 R: -8.5 and now I'm at L: -6.25 R: -5.25 .These glasses are weaker than I'd actually need though.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Wow, that is indeed an improvement, how long did it take you to make this improvement ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think a year or so.
waipete

Post by waipete »

I never seen the eye doctor before, I always used to stare at the sun as a kid, and accutane made my vision worse. Although I never seen the need for glasses I find this method works very well. Trouble is my left eye sees alot more blurry then my right, but combinded it's about the same as just using m right, also the color tone in my right is also a little more sunnier (white seems more warm, my left eye seems more cool color).
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I have some experience with Peter Grunwald Eyebody method. I've done 2 retreats with him and it's excellent.
www.eyebody.com
The Bates Method is great to get started with and to provide a basis but Peter/Eyebody goes much deeper and has a more profound effect in the long run.

It's hard to explain here how to practice/perform conscious depth perception. It helps if you buy the Eyebody Pinehole glasses (not other ones, they won't help in the same way) and then do a retreat with Peter. This encourages Presence in the visual system and upper visual cortex where seeing really happens.
As I am learning it conscious depth perception is a combination of some of the Bates "brushing" activities with looking through and beyond objects. A trick way to get there is to practice the "Magic Eye" 3D images if you know what I mean. They give you an idea of what it's like but it's still not the real thing. When you reach conscious depth perception there is a sense of Peace that accompanies and it's like you realize that you are living in the illusion, in the image of this world. It's quite incredible and when think you "have it" it vanishes…Like all spiritual experiences, you cannot hold on or get attached.

You can only reach it while your glasses are off or you are wearing pinholes. The first time I really got a conscious sense of it was at the end of a 10 day silent retreat where I hadn't worn any glasses in 9 days straight last winter. Amazing experience! :)
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander