Moving and converting/upgrading the board

Important information regarding the board
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Moving and converting/upgrading the board

Post by Jodiat »

Nice work, I actually have this board on my favorites list and thought it was down untill I researched for it. Didnt realise what was going on untill now.
Great work and it looks nice. Welldone. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Favicon and logo fixed.
I think it looks good, maybe the text can be moved a bit to the right.
What do you think?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, good idea.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

fruitylicious 8)
panacea

Post by panacea »

working on it guys! (and mellis haha)
I'm also working up some new buttons that make more fruity sense :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cool 8)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

How about different buttons for displaying threads that contain (no) new posts?
(i dont like the current ones. Do you?)
panacea

Post by panacea »

yes yes that's on my list, I'm working on something really big though so it's taking me a little longer :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah all those buttons are silly :)
panacea

Post by panacea »

New Test Forum!

Hello everyone, I created a new test forum found here.

It might look completed, but it still needs a lot of work. The default color theme is supposed to create the feel of a 'fruit tree'. I created a new logo as well as a new logo text, hopefully it's spaced out enough this time but I can always change it. As far as the colors, there is a color chooser you can click on the header and each person will be able to make the board feel exactly like they want to, you can even remove the glossyness and background images if you want a minimalistic board. This way is better because not everyone likes the same colors and can read text as easily on certain colors. There's many 'presets' already laid out for you if you don't want to take the time to make your own theme. If you don't like your theme and want to revert back to the original, just click 'delete all board cookies' on the bottom of the page (below the first forum link).

I also created new read/unread icons, which is just the logo slightly brightened when you have unread topics and greyed out when you've already read them. By the way the logo is a bunch of fruit individually but arranged together to create an apple. That's why the header is green, as if the apple is hanging from a tree, as the wooden bark is at the bottom. If you want a theme similiar to this one, I suggest you play around with the preset "Bright Day" from the color chooser menu.

There are also some other subtle things included, such as rokbox, which is like lightbox. When you click member login near the header an animated login box appears, this is part of rokbox functionality. If you read the first of two posts on the forum you can also see what it else it can do, but in short it does the same cool pop-up effect for videos, images, songs, galleries, and even external sites - you can view a website inside the forum and close it and be on the topic you clicked the link at.

Also, if you're not a fan of the 3d effects or anything, your color chooser settings can be set to minimal and your browser will remember these settings as long as you don't delete your cookies, however there is also something for that. If you find a preset you know you want to use from now on that's different than the board default the board administrator chooses, you can 'save' a theme to your desktop or where ever, and load it directly to the website later after you clear your cookies, so you don't have to refind the colors. This is all done inside the color chooser.

There's also a menu bar on the right (it can be placed on the left or all the way across by Oscar if he likes the theme, just about everything is customizable from the ACP. The menu bar gives you several helpful quick-access links like 'view new posts', etc. There is also quick access to your user control pannel on the top and on the side. There is stats like birthdays and who is online at the bottom where the default wood bark is.

There is also a login on the right if you don't like the rokbox animated login.

The board also comes with slightly different smilies, and I will be adding more of those as well as tweaking the remaining icons to better suite the image of the Wai lifestyle.

This testing board provides me an easy way to change things and see the changes without having to get Oscar to constantly update little problems, and when we finally get to a stable design that everyone likes hopefully we can bring it over here!

Also the phpbb3 version is 3.0.7.

Please let me know feedback/suggestions/comments so I can improve it!
panacea

Post by panacea »

I forgot to mention the free host that forum is on is very slow and it's not due to the theme itself, it loads very fast. Sometimes the host is down.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Update #1:
It looks like I jumped the gun, if you change the settings in the color chooser you can't get back to the original fruit tree preset without erasing your cache, the delete cookies on the board isn't working yet. I'll fix it tomorrow. You can still play around with the settings safely as long as you remember to save the default theme to your desktop through the color chooser first, then play with the colors. Otherwise you could get stuck on an eyeblinding colorscheme :).

Also, I forgot to mention there is a text size increaser/decreaser for those of you without the no-squint firefox add-on.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Update #2:
Fixed the color chooser cookie problem. Now at the bottom there is a reset settings link, click it and it will take you back to the default. You can go crazy with the settings now, safely. Also added a scroll to top link at the footer, as well as a theoretical copyright for this board.
Mellis

Post by Mellis »

this looks like fun :) and also handy