Too much fat?

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
ameliaswank
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by ameliaswank »

having sugar is more bad or having fats? or having both... i was just going through with my daily dietary routine and i came to know the fact that i am too worst in having healthy food or u can say i do eat lots of fats and sugar... suggest me something to get rid of this
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ameliaswank wrote:having sugar is more bad or having fats?
Neither sugar nor fat is bad by itself.
Fats can be bad if they are trans-fats though, or if you consume too much of specific fats (omega 6 or 3) relative to others.
Carbs in general can be bad if you very regularly consume too large meals,
straining the insulin system.
But again, there is nothing wrong with a glucose or fatty acid molecule,
nor their effects on the body.
i do eat lots of fats and sugar... suggest me something to get rid of this
Why?
Are you overweight?
Rivera

Re: Too much fat?

Post by Rivera »

What is the recommended balance in % for fat/sugars/protein in the wai diet? (for each: men and women)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The ratio depends on the individual so there isn't a recommendation. A very general idea would be 5% protein, and a ratio of at least 2:1 sugar:fat (if not that active). The more active the higher that ratio will be.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

To be clear, if we eat 1.5/2 kgs of fruits per day, we have a certain amount of sugar, so how much it would represent in teaspoons (of whatever oil)?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you'd go with a 2:1 ratio then per 1kg you'd need 15tsp of olive oil. If you're a little bit active then for 3:1 you'd need about 10tsp.
Kasper

Re:

Post by Kasper »

Fats can be bad if they are trans-fats though, or if you consume too much of specific fats (omega 6 or 3) relative to others.
What is your opinion about saturated fats ? Are they less healthy ?
And what about trans fats naturally in beef ? Should we take care about this ?
Rivera

Re: Re:

Post by Rivera »

Kasper wrote:
What is your opinion about saturated fats ? Are they less healthy ?
And what about trans fats naturally in beef ? Should we take care about this ?
I would add too: what are the consequences of a low fat diet? Is it dangerous for health?
RRM, what do you think about this video?
panacea

Post by panacea »

that was a great video if true. i'm very interested to see what RRM has to say.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Saturated fats are as healthy as unsaturated fats. Our body can convert one into the other as needed.
As far as I know there are different kinds of trans-fats (as there are different kinds of beta-carbolines and opioid peptides, some of which we make ourselves), so it does matter whether they occur naturally or not.
I don't think a low-fat diet is dangerous for health. In nature fat is a scarce commodity, and we are just optimizing our diet to the needs of the body. This way our body doesn't have to create fats before using it, which costs energy to do.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: What is your opinion about saturated fats ? Are they less healthy ?
In general, saturated fats are the 'simple fats' used for energy.
For energy, it doesnt make a difference whether they are saturated or not. Not less or more healthy.
Essential fatty acids are considered healthy, as they are essential.
These essential fatty acids are always unsaturated.
But they are only 'more healthy than saturated fats' to the extend that you need them,
as beyond that, all fats are just energy.
But also, when an essential fatty acid is consumed in excess, the effects are adverse (LA versus LNA).
Omega 6s need to be in balance with omega 3s.
So that you cannot say that saturated fats are less healthy, unless you lack unsaturated fats.
what about trans fats naturally in beef ?
As Oscar said, there are different trans fats; natural and unnatural.
Harmful and harmless.
(the same goes for oxycholesterols, for example)
Rivera wrote: what are the consequences of a low fat diet? Is it dangerous for health?
Of course you must ingest all the essential fatty acids that you need, but that is not at all restricted to non-low fat diets,
as consuming just a little of salmon or tuna etc daily will take care of that.
All that extra fat is just used for energy, which you can also derive from sugars.
And also the fatty acids used for energy are readily derived from protein (amino acids),
so that you also dont need to worry about fats balancing sugars.
Why do we stress the intake of fat?
Because particular in the early stages of this diet, you likely ingest too little energy,
and then dietary fat is a great help to stabilize the blood sugar level and provide energy.
With this diet, without much dietary fat, in the beginning one readily ends up with tiredness, weightloss etc.
Little dietary fat readily results in too much fluctuating sugar levels, mood swings, cravings etc.
But once you got the hang of it, and know how to listen to your energy needs,
strictly speaking you need only very little of the right dietary fats.
Fats are also essential in the sense that its healthy to have some spare fat,
so that there is always spare energy available,
so that you dont have to break down tissue protein for energy.
So, is it dangerous for health?
Yes, if you do it wrongly.
Not if you do it right.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's a fun video :D
panacea

Post by panacea »

but doesn't it say that olive oil is bad..? so why is it doing that to his blood chemistry statistics stuff, making it sticky and slow and clumpy? does this mean it's better to have a diet without olive oil?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's hardly a scientific experiment now, is it? We see him eat olive oil, but also pizza. What if the reaction of the fat cells is normal? And sure, he's going to be a diabetic within the hour...riiight. :roll: