Back on Wai- I'm going to keep a photo diary!

Share your testimony to encourage others.
Claudie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Back on Wai- I'm going to keep a photo diary!

Post by Claudie »

Hi guys

So it's been a while- over a year I think- since I first learned all about Wai. Despite being fully aware of the benefits of being on Wai, I keep running back to the easy joys of coffee and biscuits, cake and chocolate and other 'healthy' stuff like breakfast cereals, soups, and rice. (You guys might remember that I posted 'success' pictures a long time ago, when I was successful with Wai the first time; I have never felt as good as I did in that few months. Sigh.)

My skin has SUCKED for most of this time, and since moving back to the UK from Thailand I have worn more makeup than ever. Even my boyfriend doesn't know what I look like without makeup on, I'm too embarrassed...And since I'm now 27 I figure that if I don't sort it out soon I never will. (Very much hoping that none of you actually know me, to be honest!)

In order to motivate myself and perhaps the rest of you, I have decided to keep a photo diary of a month on the Wai diet. I KNOW that it works, but sticking to it is really really hard for me...But this latest batch of horrible spots is the last straw! So I hope you guys can help me out- maybe someone wants to join me on this little month of self-discipline and post some pictures too? I am seriously wanting to change my eating habits for good and work out a way to live in the UK and work in an office, but eat the way I want to eat.

So, here we go...

Picture 1 is my GROSS skin having just had a weekend of crap food, no sleep, and tons of coffee with milk. Predictable breakout and look at the circles under my eyes. (I really haven't seen myself without makeup in forever, it is very hard for me to look at this.)

Picture 2 is a Flash photograph so you can see my pores....The HORRIBLE DETAILS!
looks pretty unhealthy. I am hoping that the shiny, puffy look will disappear like last time....

First task now is to drink some yolks in OJ and get a good night's sleep..... Tomorrow is the first day of Wai proper! Wish me luck. Oh and PS- I also weigh about a stone more than I should- so here's hoping I'll have a little success in that area, too. I'll try and record what I eat every few days and post when there is a difference...
:D
If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. -Thomas Edison
CSIV

Re: Back on Wai- I'm going to keep a photo diary!

Post by CSIV »

Welcome back! Great post, I'd love to see more photo diaries here :D I may have to post some myself if/when I get a decent camera since I may be off and on this diet in the near future :| .
Anyway, I wish you luck with going/staying Wai again and look forward to more posts! :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I can't help you with a photo diary, but I do applaud your courage and want to wish you all the best! :D
We'll be here to cheer you on! You can do it! Of course if you need any help, let us know.
Looking forward to the next post. :)
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Best of luck, Claudie. You can do it! :wink:
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

So today was a good day :-) Fruit and oil all day, yummy tomato and cucumber for lunch, nice brazil nuts and dates to snack on, and tomato and cucumber with avocado for dinner. The best part is, if you don't START eating bad stuff early on in the day, it is easier not to have it at all. I had 3 open packets of biscuits in front of me all day and ten offers of coffee and I wasn't bothered! (this is unlikely to last!)

However, tomorrow I have to go to the pub and worse- have dinner with my friends. Hate that, but I can get away with ordering salad hopefully.

My body feels happy not to have biscuits in it :)
If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves. -Thomas Edison
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Good to hear!
Claudie wrote:I wasn't bothered! (this is unlikely to last!)
If you keep getting the fat,sugar and animal food that you need, your success likely will last, Claudie. When I'm confronted with a craving, it is usually due to the fact that something is off with my diet. Although munch food can be helpful for some in sticking to Wai in the long run, everyone finds their wai in the end.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Claudie wrote:However, tomorrow I have to go to the pub and worse- have dinner with my friends. Hate that, but I can get away with ordering salad hopefully.
Maybe they are willing to come along to a Japanese restaurant?
Great raw foods for you AND great cooked for them.
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

Feeling better already :-)

Since Monday I have eaten nothing but fruit, olive oil, some walnut oil, tomato/cucumber salad, avocado and egg/yolk in OJ.

Oh except in the pub, I ordered a small bowl of chips with a side salad. The chips came without salt and even though there were only about ten of them, I was not at all hungry after I finished them. I am usually a pig and would never be able to eat just that! Unfortunately the salad was rubbish- the sad thing about UK pubs is that they really don't buy good quality veg. Crappy tomatoes :-( but that's ok, I was really impressed to have absolutely no cravings.

I have also had no cravings for coffee, biscuits or anything else- it's like a miracle :-)

My skin is not looking any different, but I know from experience that takes more time. I think my skin normally gets worse before it gets better in fact.

Here's a picture so you guys can see that after 3 days of Wai, you can't expect to see miracles- only feel them! I feel energetic, bouncy, happy, and my stomach feels good- not bloated or chunky like before.

I ought to say that I also took measurements at the start of this so in a few weeks time I will be able to tell if I have lost any inches.

See you all soon!

PS, I realise that on totally cold turkey Wai I would not eat chips- but because I have done it before I know they don't make me break out. I would totally go to a Japanese restaurant if I could afford it but as I have just finished being a student, I am skint!
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

PS. Just comparing the two pictures, I can actually see a difference. Or am I imagining it?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's hard to say, but it does seem you're retaining less water. :)
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi Claudie!
Your skin looks better already if you ask me. Less red, and you also look less tired!

I love the fact that you post pictures, so one can follow your improvement.
Maybe I will post some too...

Keep up the good work! :D
/Goldrandy
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Bha

Post by Bha »

Hi Claudie!

I am a new member and am on day 4 of the sample diet. Just wondering what your face washing regimen is? It it only low mineral water? If you could lease explain, that'd be great.

Thank you!
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

Hi all
Bha wrote: Just wondering what your face washing regimen is? It it only low mineral water? If you could lease explain, that'd be great.
I'm not exactly a great ambassador for Wai in that regard. Mainly because, I can't bear to go out without makeup on, plus the place I work is quite ...make-up-y.
:roll:
Therefore, I do need to wash it all off my face at the end of the day with something more than water...

So, the change I have made is to moisturiser...I now use walnut oil instead. In terms of washing my face, I have just been using my normal cleanser. And tap water. To be honest, I couldn't bear to buy bottled water for the sake of washing my face. Not only would I hate the environmental implications, I simply don't have the budget.

Again, because I experimented last time and found that my skin is not sensitive particularly to tap water, it's a compromise I am willing to make. By no means do I recommend it to everyone! It's pretty important that everyone finds out what their own triggers are, and you do have to go totally Wai for long enough to do that.

If anyone has any recommends for good cleansing products which are more skin friendly (maybe a homemade scrub of some sort?) I'd be pleased to try it!
There's quite a few here http://hmbeautyrecipes.homestead.com/SKINcleansers.html but some of them look a bit weird (how harsh would it be to put lemon juice and baking soda on your face!!) The olive oil/brown sugar one is the only one that looks Wai to me. I'm tempted to see if it works... Sounds greasy though!
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

PS. Goldrandy- join me in the pictures! I think it would be great to see how Wai changes all skin types, young, old, black, white, male, female....Let's start a trend!
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

Hi all

So I've had an up and down few days. Though I have largely stuck to Wai, I've had a couple of drinks (3 vodka and tonics to be precise across two evenings), and I've had some late nights which were unavoidable.

My mum tried to feed me coffee and cake the other day, but I just didn't want it- I only had a few sips of coffee and a tiny corner of the cake and then just couldn't summon up an appetite for it. I have clearly broken some addictions because I used to be able to eat cake for England! So that was pretty exciting.

I think my face is looking better. I also feel like I've lost some inches around my middle, though I haven't got time to take measurements right now.

The first photo is on Wednesday and the next is today, Friday. I think you can clearly see a difference between now and the first pictures I took at the beginning of this 10 day period.

Wednesday:

Friday (slightly crazed look = too early in the morning for this!)

Close up of the problem patch on Friday:

After 10 days I am really pleased with the results, and what's more I feel amazing- SO much more healthy and alive! Imagine how I would feel if I was getting enough sleep and not drinking any alcohol!

This weekend I will have a interesting test- a baby shower followed by a big dinner party. I can't see any way around breaking Wai's rules to some extent, though I will stay off alcohol. But I can limit my intake of my particular triggers which I know are salt, wheat and spicy food. I'll report back on Sunday!