To stay in the diet

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
Mrs. Shie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

To stay in the diet

Post by Mrs. Shie »

To me one of the ways of staying in this diet is actually not to forbid myself any foods; if I feel really tempted I just eat a bite or two. That usually is enough to satisfy cravings because most of the time, although the smell of the food is very tempting, the taste is disappointing.

Additionally, if I have an invitation to eat out or something like that, I try never to go on an empty stomach, but first stuff myself up with fruits+olive oil if possible. Then I can go out and eat a little of anything for appearance.

Anyway, I have to confess that I just CAN'T go out of this diet even if I want to, because then I would be in big trouble with my constipation. But actually I love it.
panacea

Re: To stay in the diet

Post by panacea »

I've gone on and off this diet many times for this exact reason. Usually, I do very well for a record time, and feel better than ever, and then it feels like I "need' something to taste strong and different than fruit, so I go for salty crackers with spices like cinnamon and things usually (and it's because of the memory of how good it was, it actually tastes pretty bad) - so my newest trick is to chew on xylitol gum, it supposedly isn't that bad for you, kind of 'flosses', and stops from eating munch foods so far.. worth a try.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If that works for you, great. :)
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

I too have noticed this dissapointment with the taste of cooked food when I've been (more or less) on this diet. It's enough so that I won't eat more than but a bite of things I used to love (pizza, etc.) when tempted.
Marrrianne

Post by Marrrianne »

Thx this really helps I think.

Isn't it hard to eat just a little bit of something, I mean, you do have to buy a whole packet/ a whole roll....
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

True, but you can re-package stuff.
You can buy a pizza, for example, cut it in slices,
package the slices separately and put them in the freezer.
When you get tempted to eat pizza, you warm up one slice.