First Timers

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

First Timers

Post by avalon »

I was wondering if anyone had any stories to tell about the first time you ate a raw egg yolk and was surprised how good it was. Or the first time you had Sashimi, Salmon or Tuna and how you went about it...

Today I found some fresh Salmon already skinned and cut into 6oz pieces. Up until now, shamfelly I have been eating frozen ahi and raw yolks, I bought one piece of Salmon and just had half of it. I'm still a bit nervous about parasites as I have always trusted in a sushi Chef. I wore my glasses and looked at it closely and sliced my stips of Salmon.

I did use soy and wasabi I confess.

It was delicious!

Avalon
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Avalon,
I remember being extremely freaked out while eating my first big piece of raw fish...god, I was so scared! I remember feeling so adventurous. :roll:
Then I realized how great I felt afterward, and I ran back to the store the next day to buy more! After a couple times, I started enjoying the taste, and now I LOVE raw fish.

As for egg yolks, I had to plug my nose when consuming them at first, probably the first month, even after adding them to lots of orange juice. It was totally psychological: now I love the taste!

Are you new to this diet?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Before this diet I used to love sashimi/sushi, so nothing new there, but the first time I actually tasted fresh mackerel was an eye-opener...so deliciously tasty! :D
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

To be perfectly honest, the first time I consumed a raw egg yolk, I was pleasantly surprised - it tasted rather good then, and the three I drink in the evening before going to bed go down just as well! ;)

Take care,
James
x
avalon

Post by avalon »

I think this Sunday will be my third week on Wai, started after a 7 day juice fast to detox. So almost a month now with new focus!

I have seen Mackerel whole, but it has yet to look fresh enough and I am so spoiled by sushi restaurants! I love Macherel and hope to bring that home as well.

I also love yellow tail! Hamachi! This is definitely a "baby steps" process.

I have visions of serving Sashimi like yesterdays news.

Anyone using soy or other flavor additions? Or, plain? Garnishes?

Avalon
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I can't fish because I'm vegetarian. I want to for my health buy my heart won't let me :( even though I tell me its part of nature to eat animals and the fish you eat are all carnivores. (so I'd probably be saving lives!!)

The first time I ate a raw egg yolk by itself I put four of them in a glass (didn't know to remove the sac), took a deep breath, and prepared to swallow them down quickly. However the second one burst in my mouth, I prepared to gag in repulsion and......it was delicious. The most
delightful, creamy, vanilly thing. Wow.

What a shock.

The first time I added it to orange juice was gross, but it was probably the juice that was gross.

Avalon let us know if your skin improves - salmon is supposed to make the skin beautiful, ala the Perricone Salmon Diet.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

what does raw salmon taste like? someone told me it tastes like salty butter

does raw tuna taste anything like tinned tuna??? I love tinned tuna but don't like any other cooked fish. does raw tuna marinated in lemon juice taste anything like tinned tuna???
is marinated fish ok? It's supposed to look and taste like cooked fish so I would have thought it wouldn't be ok....but then it's not heated...??
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I googled raw tuna:

"Though all raw tuna tastes like raw beef, the fatty belly, called toro, tastes like well-marbled prime steak (and usually costs a buck or two more). "

"raw tuna tastes like raw beef and therefore raw tuna is good "

"raw tuna tastes like steak! "

I've never eaten raw beef either! What does raw beef taste like? I don't like cooked beef. But I like vegemince :roll:
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

"If your sushi or sashimi tastes like Fish You should not eat it"

"in Shimane prefecture Japan where the sun sets over the sea and the sashimi tastes like virgins nipples."

"but tuna sashimi tastes like heaven"

"Sashimi tastes like fatty tuna."
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

" It helped convincing him that toro tastes like excellent roast beef with a silken feel, and that salmon was just like liquid velvet"
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oooh, Cairidh, those descriptions are just as delicious as the raw fish itself (fancy that, virgin's nipples?!).... Anyway, the first time I ate a raw egg yolk was with mashed banana, honey and olive oil (still my favourite meal on this diet). It was unspeakably delicious and creamy and satisfying. Nowadays I look at rubbery cooked egg products (like omelettes, etc) with horror - why cook such a perfect food??

The first time I had raw salmon - and it was REALLY raw, never frozen, perfectly fresh, i.e. it had been swimming just hours before I ate it - was an indescribably wonderful experience. I had just a little (maybe 30g or so) the first time, and put a few drops of tamari (wheat-free soy sauce) on it... but the fish had me hooked (so to speak.... rather, it was the poor fish who was hooked!! hehehe)! Now I eat it happily without any seasonings. So all in all, I have taken to consuming raw animal products with ease and delight. I can only hope that others have as positive a first encounter as this!
avalon

Post by avalon »

This morning I finished the Salmon I bought yesterday with some side walnuts and apple slices. I never had Sashimi for breakfast! I felt very, happy, raw and pure. So basic and simple.

It's so funny, I recently went to visit my Mother and warned her in advance I wouldn't be eating the SAD way. Well, I said I would have ONE meal! I was there three days. Of course she made like a Thankgiving Day feast! What was funny was when I first mentioned to her that I'm eating raw egg yolks, without a pause, she gasped "ewwww". There was not a moment of hesitation.

My Sister will not try Sushi. It's very interesting how some people are open to Sushi, raw eggs etc. and some hit a wall.

My first yolk was in the sack and plain. I know, I've tried pouring out the yolk, but I'm lazy and anyway I was not sure what to expect. There's that moment of new discovery when you are prepared for the unexpected, and then it's oh, that wasn't so bad :)

Are we adveturers all? Is this, our trip to the moon? Exploring the Universe?

Best wishes, Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmmm, I've never tried eating a virgin's nipples...

I eat my sashimi with some (very neutral tasting) olive oil or just plain.

Avalon, when you're on this diet a while longer, you might experience being a bit gassy (flatulenty, windy, farty, you get my drift ;)) after that meal. If that's the case, separate the salmon from the nuts (and fruit). If not, no problem. ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Oscar,

The one who smelt it... :)

To early to tell... why? Because of mixing with protien?

I just looked up Perricone. Oh, I saw him on PBS and forgot about him, but remember now how most of what he said rang true to me. Or, seemed to. Looking forward to doing more research.

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, fiber needs to be decomposed by bacteria, which means everything in that meal will be bacterially decomposed => gas.