No sleep

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
Singingcrowsings
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

No sleep

Post by Singingcrowsings »

Hello,

I find myself in a predicament where I've been woken up in the middle of the night. and so got very little sleep. It's in these times, I feel myself rejecting the raw and wanting nice warm cooked foods. I know my body is needing an extra something (a source of nutrients?), but I'm not sure what it is (other than sleep). I know I almost crave things like raisins and nuts, cooked eggs, or raisin toast with lots of butter. I guess what I'm wondering is if some extra egg yolks would give me what I need to support me. It seems, in these circumstances, I'm more susceptible to ups and downs with the fruits and/ or juice, even with fats. So in my fatigue, I'm hoping someone here will see something in what I wrote that I can't, and can direct me to what I need.

Thanks!
panacea

Re: No sleep

Post by panacea »

How many egg yolks per day you eat
Can you tell us a typical day on your diet
Singingcrowsings

I usually have somewhere between 3 and 4 egg yolks (I'm a very active female).

My typical day looks like this:

12 fl oz Orange Juice
2 tbsp Oil, olive, salad or cooking
0.5 large (8-1/4" long) Cucumber, peeled, raw
1 Avocados, raw,
1 small zucchini
2- 3 Bananas, raw
0.5 or 2oz Balsam-pear (bitter gourd), pods, raw, juiced (used for medicinal purposes)
0.5 chayote (5-3/4") Chayote, juice
7 cups Water, tap, drinking
1 Apple
3 yolks or 60-80 g sushimi
1 slice watermelon
1 slice honeydew
2 tbsp Coconut oil
1 Pear, raw
50 raisins Raisins, seedless
6 kernels Nuts, brazilnuts,
3 slices bacon (munch sometimes)
20 g Chocolate, dark, 70-85% cacao solids (munch all the time)
panacea

Post by panacea »

I would up egg yolks to at least 12 a day
Women need more than men and I eat 20 a day
The cholesterol/protein definitely helps with that 'feeling satisfied'

Also never take coconut oil before bed it gives you tons of steady energy

chocolate could definitely be a factor..does weird things to me

hopefully you are drinking water I didn't see enough water intake from the only 12 fl oz of orange juice and fruits

I drink about 150 fl oz of oj in a day and eat no solid foods at all and if I drink half that I feel super thirsty
Singingcrowsings

12?!?! But In the instructions it says women only need 2 egg yolks a day, and more during the week before menstruation to help with cramps.

Don't worry, I drink tons of water.

The chocolate is not a factor as far as my sleep is concerned. What is waking me is my neighbours partying. lol! Normally, I feel fine and I' have lots of energy and a full night's sleep. What I'm looking for is something to support me while I struggle through the day when this happens (hopefully not for long).

Thanks!
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Ear plugs during the night? :P
dime

Post by dime »

panacea wrote:I would up egg yolks to at least 12 a day
Women need more than men and I eat 20 a day
Singingcrowsings wrote:12?!?! But In the instructions it says women only need 2 egg yolks a day, and more during the week before menstruation to help with cramps.
Can someone explain why are egg yolks more needed by women? All articles/studies point that egg yolks may increase menstrual cramps due to the higher contents of arachidonic acid.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The 2 yolks are for the Acne Sample Diet, as the intake of protein is limited when you are trying to get rid of acne. Which instructions do you mean?
If you're not on the diet 100%, then the craving for addictive substances can be bothersome. The closer to 100%, the worse it is.
Maybe 12 yolks is a bit much, but it all depends on preference. Gradually increasing to 6 would be good for starters.
As far as I know the cholesterol in egg yolks is a precursor to the steroid hormones (which include the sex hormones). This apparently 'helps' against cramps, PMS, etc. Cholesterol also stimulates serotonin (feel-good neurotransmitter). I don't know enough about it to give a definitive answer, but RRM does, I think. Personally I think that having cramps is not the/a normal situation, contrary to what is believed now.
Singingcrowsings

Can someone explain why are egg yolks more needed by women? All articles/studies point that egg yolks may increase menstrual cramps due to the higher contents of arachidonic acid.
I also understood that because the placenta itself is made up of cholesterol, the egg yolk replaces it somehow. I believe it works in a similar way as primrose oil, because the results are the same. Of course men don't have to worry about this. Are these studies with cooked yolks by chance? because that would change the egg yolk significantly.
The 2 yolks are for the Acne Sample Diet, as the intake of protein is limited when you are trying to get rid of acne. Which instructions do you mean? If you're not on the diet 100%, then the craving for addictive substances can be bothersome. The closer to 100%, the worse it is.
Maybe 12 yolks is a bit much, but it all depends on preference. Gradually increasing to 6 would be good for starters.
I guess I was talking about the sample diet. When I read about the Wai diet, most or what I read about was adding sugar and munch food. I don't recall reading about the number of yolks changing.... I guess I have some reading to do.

My cravings aren't bad actually, except for just before my last period. I'll see how this cycle goes. I hope it's not as bad, I was ready to eat someone for dinner last time. :twisted: During my period, even in the past, I've always had a sudden craving for raw fruits and veggies, I don't even want chocolate. It's ovulation to period time that's difficult.

I'll try upping my yolks. I just ate 4 with a banana for the first time, but no matter how much I try to add my yolks to something, even juice, I prefer them all by themselves, and I find actually chewing the yolk to be much more satisfying. Nom nom!!! :mrgreen: I do find that there's almost an immediate, I don't know, clarity somehow after I eat egg yolks, which is why I asked about upping them when my sleep isn't so hot.

Thanks again for your time!
panacea

Post by panacea »

@Oscar

For cramps, just like constipation and the pain associated with it, women can relieve the pain greatly if not completely with reduced breathing (I tried this with my girlfriend).

I got her to go walking with me (important for breathing posture, the diaphragm isn't compressed), told her to breathe normally but after exhaling each time to pause for about 6 seconds, and then breathe in normally again and to keep doing this (it's supposed to take 1-2 min but took about 4 with her). She did it wrong at first, people tend to breathe really deep and fast after they have air hunger from pausing, and then when I told her not to do that she was stressing out by trying to squeeze her breathing muscles to stop deep breaths, so you have to keep reminding them to relax and just let exhalation happen naturally then they can pause longer without stress. So for girls or guys with gf's/wives with this problem you can help her (and yourself trust me) now :)

EDIT:
I should mention this is only a temporary fix - if they get into a bad posture, start breathing rapidly again, smoke, or something else, the cramps are likely to come back. But they can keep repeating this to relieve it
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Singingcrowsings wrote:When I read about the Wai diet, most or what I read about was adding sugar and munch food. I don't recall reading about the number of yolks changing.... I guess I have some reading to do.
Actually the Wai Diet doesn't contain munch foods, and adding sugar is optional. Check #2 on http://www.waidiet.com/index.html
The ASD has limited protein because of the acne issues, the Wai Diet hasn't. :)
Singingcrowsings wrote:My cravings aren't bad actually, except for just before my last period. I'll see how this cycle goes. I hope it's not as bad, I was ready to eat someone for dinner last time. :twisted: During my period, even in the past, I've always had a sudden craving for raw fruits and veggies, I don't even want chocolate. It's ovulation to period time that's difficult.

I just ate 4 with a banana for the first time, but no matter how much I try to add my yolks to something, even juice, I prefer them all by themselves, and I find actually chewing the yolk to be much more satisfying. Nom nom!!! :mrgreen: I do find that there's almost an immediate, I don't know, clarity somehow after I eat egg yolks, which is why I asked about upping them when my sleep isn't so hot.
If you like them better all by themselves, then do so. :)
dime

Post by dime »

Oscar you messed up the quoting a bit, quite confusing to read about your period :D
Singingcrowsings

LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Singingcrowsings

Oscar wrote: Actually the Wai Diet doesn't contain munch foods, and adding sugar is optional. Check #2 on http://www.waidiet.com/index.html
The ASD has limited protein because of the acne issues, the Wai Diet hasn't. :)
I've been reading, and it seems I missed a bit the first time around. So, I think I might be eating about 90-95% Wai on most days and 100% others. It's the cooler evenings (I'm live in Canada) that lead me to stray here and there.

I tried upping my salmon today, and half the steak (294g with skin and bones) without skin and bones seemed just right i.e. I didn't want more, and I felt satisfied. I'll play with things a bit as far as protein is concerned.

And good news! Even though my skin was not yet healed from some cooked non-organic beef I ate 2 weeks ago, a few days ago I was told my skin was more silky smooth and that I just looked more healthy generally! :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Regarding menstrual cramps.
Besides stimulating serotonin, cholesterol antagonizes cramping.
Every month a new preplacenta is build (and discarded), containing lots of cholesterol, lowering your blood cholesterol level,
particularly in the week prior to menstruation.
So that especially in the week prior to menstruation, you need to consume lots of egg yolks to prevent cramps.
How much you need, is individually different, and may vary from 2 egg yolks to 12 egg yolks a day,
but so far it has proven to work for all women.