Shaving cream

Make up, cream, skin issues, dental issues, dental hygiene, shampoo, dandruff...
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Mr. PC »

Has anyone every tried an Epilator? I just heard of them, apparently they're like tweezers and mass-pluck all your hair out. What I read is that it's extremely painful, but hair growth doesn't return for like 2 or 3 months, and apparently each time the hair becomes thinner, which I like the idea of.

I could see how this would probly irritate someone with sensitive skin,like RRM, and actually I think my skin's sensitive too, but I'd rather just be able to only shave once ever couple months and have a smooth face.

What do you guys think? What would be the long term effects, as opposed to shaving?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think it might occasionally cause an inflammation.
and it hurts, which is stress.
Is it really that much of a hassle for you to shave?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I don't like the look of someone who's been shaving for a while; their face becomes rough. I'd rather keep my skin in the condition it's in, so I can still look like I'm in my early 20s when I'm in my late 30s.
Pain isn't really an issue for me.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Plus I figure this would possibly be easier in the long term, because apparently each time you do it, your hair grows back in thinner, and it becomes less painful over time.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone, I forget who, suggested egg whites. Only now I remembered (and dared) to try that out. It works very well! You don't need much and since we don't use egg whites anyway, there's always plenty around. Thanks to whoever came up with that idea! :D
Mr. PC

Re: Shaving cream

Post by Mr. PC »

Has anyone here every used Nair or Veet? They're chemicals that loosen the hair so that it falls out. Apparently this can last as long as waxing. Do you think this is worse or less bad than wet shaving?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Intuitively I'd say that using chemicals that make your hair fall out is pretty bad.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Okay guys, I have been shaving with oils for now and I must see it is a struggle at finding the good combination.

What I came up with:
Coconut oil alone. <--- Was okay for the thin hairs, but I couldn't shave the thick parts.
Olive oil alone <--- It was okay, still some parts which were really thick, were undoable.
Coconut oil + olive oil <--- love it, put some coconut oil on first, then apply a thick layer of olive oil. My moustache and my chin were the only spots I couldn't shave.
Coconut oil + olive oil + egg white <--- Best combination yet. I could shave my chin and moustache, but it wasn't a pleasure either.
Egg white alone <--- not so bad, but more like using olive oil alone. Also had some inflammation.

So now I decided: The next time I shave I will first apply some honey, then some olive oil, then shave. And afterwards use some more coconut oil.

How do you guys do it all natural? Or are you ppz still using chemicals? Then I say to you: the egg white coco + olive oil combination is better. Try it for yourself.
I can't look forward to the day I will use honey. Next week probably, I only shave once a week. That way I don't damage the skin and besides, my girlfriend likes it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If shaving once a week is an option, then its also ok to just use a trimmer;
then you will always have a 2- or 3-days beard.
(most girls dig that)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I've been just using the electric; was way over-thinking it before. In general I've become more lazy in terms of grooming. Only shave when my beard gets long enough to tug on, shower only once I start smelling (which takes some times). Teeth brushing on the other hand has become more methodical.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I have very sensitive skin shaving wise. I was very careful with a typical razor, took my time, presteamed, etc, everything, and my skin would still burn and it took forever.
Then I transitioned to a good electric shaver (32 dollars, way cheaper than cream and disposable razors if you think about it), I don't have to use cream anymore and it shaves faster and closer than with normal razor and absolutely no pain (it's actually fun).

The trick? Well, the first 2 weeks I used the electric razor my skin had tiny cuts and bumps, red rashes, etc. Like it said in the instructions give it 2 weeks for your skin to adjust to the electric so I did and I'm so glad it was worth the 2 weeks of hurt (it was only a little bit worse than typical razor/cream).

So, it's not a scam, your skin does actually adjust to whatever you shave it with, it just seems that razors and cream are harder to adjust to (maybe impossible for some people). I know some people who use a razor in the shower with no cream and they use disposable razors that are 6 months old (by storing razor in alcohol), but it took a month for them to adjust to that.

I'm not sure how our skin adjusts, mine certainly doesn't feel 'tougher', but it does.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What works for me is taking a hot shower, use egg whites, make sure to have sharp razor blades. The shorter the hairs the easier.
dime

Post by dime »

Me same as Oscar, except I first trim it with a hair trimmer if it's too big, then it's pretty easy to shave it with a disposable razor. I blend the egg whites with some coconut and almond oil.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Okay, after experimenting some i found the ideal method for myself, could be useful to others:

Medium hot shower (30 degrees),
washing face with egg yolk (optional, I only do it once in 3 weeks)
finish with cold shower, but not on the face!
Just tap with a towel to dry yourself. Squeeze the water out of the hair using the towel.
Apply coconut oil on parts that need to be shaved.
Wait a few minutes
Apply olive oil on face, so it's a pretty thick layer.
Dip your razor in olive oil and shave
After a few strokes, rinse it with water and dip in oil again
Repeat until done shaving
Tap with a towel and soft strokes to take the oil and hairs off.
Rub some honey between your fingers, and apply a thin layer of it on places where the shaving was a little rough
leave it on for a while and if it doesn't get absorbed, rinse with water.

Leave your razor in a cup with olive oil, this prevents the razor from aging!

I used this two times now and havent had any inflammation at all. And the shaving is really effective. I even did it with a 12 day beard, no pain!

I'm really happy to replace everything with natural unprocessed products. Big parts of that cosmetics branch are unnecessary and only for money making!