26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: 26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

Post by waipete »

OMG today I was just going to bed, had been gassy for the past 4 days... ate lesser bananas each day.. woke up with painful stomach aches caused from a lot of gas, felt like I needed to hurl. Walked around a bit, used the washroom.

Diet as of last 5 days
2000-2400ml of OJ
150-180ml of OO
5-10 bananas
10-12 egg yolks

no physical activity.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Are the bananas ripe? If a banana is ripe, it needs to be almost totally brown. Most people don't eat ripe bananas, instead they eat yellow bananas that are a bit green. There must at least be no greenishness at all for a ripe banana.

ALSO 150-180 mL OJ seems to be alot. I do 70-100 mL. 10-12 yolks also is pretty much if you're not working out to me. In the beginning of wai it was totally okay. But now 7 seems to be good enough already. Sometimes I eat mackerel ceviche, that's really cheap, if you're not buying fish because it's expensive. Try that.

Also, do you eat bananas right after the yolks? Imo it's best to not consume fiber before and after eating yolks.

I am 1.90 meters, do a lot of studying and on days I don't swim I eat: 7 yolks, 2 - 3 L OJ with 5 mashed bananas in it and 70-100 mL olive oil.

And if I'm having really long days I put 50 - 70 grams of sugar extra.
waipete

Post by waipete »

overkees wrote:Are the bananas ripe? If a banana is ripe, it needs to be almost totally brown. Most people don't eat ripe bananas, instead they eat yellow bananas that are a bit green. There must at least be no greenishness at all for a ripe banana.
no lately I have been eating them with green on, good to know.
ALSO 150-180 mL OJ seems to be alot. I do 70-100 mL. 10-12 yolks also is pretty much if you're not working out to me. In the beginning of wai it was totally okay. But now 7 seems to be good enough already. Sometimes I eat mackerel ceviche, that's really cheap, if you're not buying fish because it's expensive. Try that.
If I calculate my entire sugar intake in grams on the higher amounts of my diet I end up with 140g sugar for 10 bananas, 220.8g sugar for 2400ml juice, which is 360g of sugar. With the 2:1 ratio sugar:fat rule as a minimum I would need 180g of fat, which equals to about 196ml of OO. Looking at it now I made a mistake, I never calculated my egg yolk fat which is 61g of fat which leaves me with 119g which is about 130ml of OO. I guess on a more active day I can reduce it too a ratio of 2.5:1 which I would only need 90ml of OO.
Also, do you eat bananas right after the yolks? Imo it's best to not consume fiber before and after eating yolks.
I usually stay away from bananas 2 hours before and after yolks, but OJ i drink about an hour before and a hour half later.
I am 1.90 meters, do a lot of studying and on days I don't swim I eat: 7 yolks, 2 - 3 L OJ with 5 mashed bananas in it and 70-100 mL olive oil.
And if I'm having really long days I put 50 - 70 grams of sugar extra.
My yolk consumption was to aide me in gaining weight, I'm not even sure why I thought it was the best way I probably could reduce on lower activity days. Anyway what I'm eating now is causing me to not gain weight, I'm at 132-130lbs for the past week, need to eat more, I know I can now because I know about eating ripe bananas, they are so much easier to eat, and my troubles with eating more then 6 a day was from eating unripe bananas.

It looks like I need to readjust my shopping routine in order to get a steady supply of ripe bananas. Supermarket usually sells green to yellow green bananas and sometimes almost ripe bananas. I guess I could buy like 6 days worth of bananas, then every 2 days buy a 2 day supply every 2 days, this would work if a banana takes about 4 days to ripen in a closed bag bundled up, does it take 4 days? I'm talking about the bananas that are yellow but green at the stem.

Thank you very much overkees
overkees

Post by overkees »

The 2:1 ratio is about caloric value. A rule of thumb which applies is: 1mL OO = 8 cal and 1 g sugar = 4 cal.

So if you consume 100 g sugar, you need 25 mL Oil. And for 360 you need 120 mL Oil.

It varies from person to person on what amount of fat they feel good. So some people prefer more oil. But you are eating a lot of fat, fat delays your metabolic rate. It is digested very slowly. So the fruit takes longer to break down, which causes gas problems.

If you want to gain weight, you need to eat more sugar. If you eat more sugar you bloodsugar level will increase and will release insulin. Insulin causes the sugar and fat in the blood to be converted to body fat if your body doesn't need the sugar at that moment. But if you are active (yes, also mentally active) you will need alot more sugar for that to happen.

So eating alot of fat will prevent this rapid increase in the blood sugar level, so there is no excess sugar.

So, try eating a lot less fat. And add some sugar, but not so much that it doesn't feel okay anymore. Let your body speak for itself
dime

Post by dime »

I always understood that the 2:1 ratio is about weight, or 1:1 in calories.
waipete

Post by waipete »

overkees wrote:The 2:1 ratio is about caloric value. A rule of thumb which applies is: 1mL OO = 8 cal and 1 g sugar = 4 cal.

So if you consume 100 g sugar, you need 25 mL Oil. And for 360 you need 120 mL Oil.

It varies from person to person on what amount of fat they feel good. So some people prefer more oil. But you are eating a lot of fat, fat delays your metabolic rate. It is digested very slowly. So the fruit takes longer to break down, which causes gas problems.

If you want to gain weight, you need to eat more sugar. If you eat more sugar you bloodsugar level will increase and will release insulin. Insulin causes the sugar and fat in the blood to be converted to body fat if your body doesn't need the sugar at that moment. But if you are active (yes, also mentally active) you will need alot more sugar for that to happen.

So eating alot of fat will prevent this rapid increase in the blood sugar level, so there is no excess sugar.

So, try eating a lot less fat. And add some sugar, but not so much that it doesn't feel okay anymore. Let your body speak for itself
Interesting I'll try this out.

Also
should be 90 ml?
dime wrote:I always understood that the 2:1 ratio is about weight, or 1:1 in calories.
Yeah same, we need someone to confirm this.
dime

Post by dime »

Yes, from the acne diet book:
3) You should always combine sugars with fats. So, when you eat dried fruits, you should eat some Brazil nuts or macadamia nuts as well (only if shelled by hand) And if you eat a cucumber-tomato-salad, you should eat some avocado as well. Or you could just simply always combine sugars with cold-pressed olive oil, which combines well with virtually anything. Olive oil, for example, can also perfectly be added to orange juice.
All the above to stabilize the blood sugar level. (as a guideline: roughly 1 gram fat for every 2 grams carbs; check this list)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its just a guideline for beginners that dont have a clue how to start.
As everybody has very different energy needs, you should try to find what works best for you.
I, for example, am physically very active during work, so that i burn a lot of carbs,
so that i need a lot of carbs, and little fat.
I also consume very small 'meals' very frequently, which even further decreases the need for the stabilizing factor that fat is.
Physically inactive people need far less carbs, and more fat.(relatively)
waipete

Post by waipete »

Well im back to day 0, had no wai food and it was a -40C blizzard outside about 2 weeks ago and i was about 10 days in and I didn't like the idea of starving myself till the next morning. Now after being 2 weeks with days of half wai, im gonna recommit + exercise to 90% wai because of the pasteurized OJ =D... oh and I'm 39 days sober, feels great. Also raw salmon is very delicious now. =D

thanks for clearing things up RRM, dime, and overkees, I feel very knowledgeable about the diet now.
waipete

Post by waipete »

update
well I'm on day 8 of the diet, feeling great, face looking better. I'll start reporting when I get passed the 2 weeks of how clear I am.
day 53 sober... :D
started exercise routine starting out slow then gonna kick in more and more as my body adjusts
I know I made the right choices in my life and I'm learning from past mistakes of the diet, it feels like I have control of my life and my understanding is unstoppable and yet I'm continuing to learn more and more. Life is great, I really have nothing to complain about now days. Thank you everyone for your help so far.
waipete

Post by waipete »

-fell off again
-back on
-day 10 on non 100% wai diet (1700ml of pasteurized OJ)
-acne is lessening but skin is less red I'm looking better each day, still getting pimples
-lost some weight about 4 pounds from 133 to 129 but managed to get back to 131 upping my diet intake in the past 3 days
-eating 11 bananas minimum(upped intake from 9 to 11 in past 3 days), 1700ml OJ, 100-140ml of OO, 8-11 eggs depending on how active I am that day
-still getting in the groove of exercising doing a 10x10 routine with 60sec rests in between, split into 4 days.

So I find I'm getting tired on my days off when not doing much the whole day. I think it maybe due to lack of quality of sleep as I sometimes wake up after about 6-7 hours rest and I don't know if the loud noises around me wake me up or not, but I tend to take a nap later in the day. On my days of being active I don't really experience this but feel so energetic and actually I bring bananas to work without the OO so I only get about 100ml of OO those days but I'm alot more active as I'm always moving or lifting stuff, often times after I eat the bananas everyone is sitting down resting while I just can't help myself but to walk around and burn some energy. Maybe on my more inactive days I should increase my fat intake?

Also exercising is tough I haven't actually did 10x10 but rather still building up to it adding sets each time, when I first jumped from 6x10 to 9x10 (SETxREP) my biceps were so sore for 4 days straight, holy crap I just rested for 4 days as I couldn't even straighten my arms. So it's tough to adjust as I run out of energy and sipping on OJ during the workout makes my stomach feel full and I once threw up a little. I just do small sips in between sets. I drink OJ with about half the amount of OO I usually add.

I also feel I'm taking on the 10x10 workout wrong. I reduce weights if I feel I can't lift 10 reps in the next set... would that cause spikes in testosterone?
overkees

Post by overkees »

You could try to add some sugar to the OJ if you're working out. And add some raw grass fed beef or some fish to the diet? That would help alot in gaining muscle because there's a lot of quality protein in it, more than yolks. And has other great benefits, the omega3s in fish are strongly anti inflammatory.

Are you still sober? I drink maybe 1 time a week, and even after 2 glasses of wine, I get a headache if I don't drink alot of water before going to bed. Never had that before wai. So, drinking just isn't appealing to me anymore.

Man, with that amount of oil, I don't understand how you don't gain weight. People are so different, I'm really trying hard to lose the last 2-3 lbs of belly fat for my 4/6 pack. But I'm losing maybe 1 lbs of fat a month. I even have some days I fast in the morning. I sport 4 times in the week. It's probably almost my lowest weight, my body doesn't want to lose alot more so it's really stubborn. It also is some water retention, but when on a few days of 100% wai (around 5 days) a 4 pack is revealed. But I have too many occassions where I eat munch food, so I'm trying to get a 4pack on 95% wai and that means to go below my 10% body fat :/ which I am at now. I think a 6 pack for me is just unhealthy, so a 4pack it is. I don't want to go below 8% body fat. But I set myself a goal and don't want to quit now...
waipete

Post by waipete »

overkees wrote:You could try to add some sugar to the OJ if you're working out. And add some raw grass fed beef or some fish to the diet? That would help alot in gaining muscle because there's a lot of quality protein in it, more than yolks. And has other great benefits, the omega3s in fish are strongly anti inflammatory.
Yeah I forgot to add that I try to eat fish 2 times a week about 160g
Are you still sober? I drink maybe 1 time a week, and even after 2 glasses of wine, I get a headache if I don't drink alot of water before going to bed. Never had that before wai. So, drinking just isn't appealing to me anymore.
I been sober for about 2 weeks, I try to avoid as it leads to munch foods then pimples. I binge drink so I overspend a lot and end up with depressing hangovers. I'm doing better then last time I tried to quit I know now I need to practice being more social without alcohol.
Man, with that amount of oil, I don't understand how you don't gain weight. People are so different, I'm really trying hard to lose the last 2-3 lbs of belly fat for my 4/6 pack. But I'm losing maybe 1 lbs of fat a month. I even have some days I fast in the morning. I sport 4 times in the week. It's probably almost my lowest weight, my body doesn't want to lose alot more so it's really stubborn. It also is some water retention, but when on a few days of 100% wai (around 5 days) a 4 pack is revealed. But I have too many occassions where I eat munch food, so I'm trying to get a 4pack on 95% wai and that means to go below my 10% body fat :/ which I am at now. I think a 6 pack for me is just unhealthy, so a 4pack it is. I don't want to go below 8% body fat. But I set myself a goal and don't want to quit now...
Yeah I'm feeling the same confusion as you being on the otherside of the coin, I'm naturally skinny and have small bones, and it was already hard for me to gain weight before this diet now it's even harder on a fruitarian diet.

How are you measuring your bodyfat? I hear scales can be off by 5% due to changes in fluids throughout the day, and menstrual cycles.

The day before yesterday I did 9x10 of squats, 9x10 of calf raises, 4x10 of deadlifts, and yesterday I did exercise again doing, 9x10 of bench press, 6x10 of dumbbell rows, 10x10 of light lateral raises, now I did lower the weights about every 2-3 sets if I felt I couldn't do 10 reps on the next set. This is the first time I did exercise in about a 5 days, then 2 weeks before that. I woke up with pimples today, not as many as the previous days :), but what scared me was they all hurt to pop this was never a issue before. Is this a sign that my workout routine has caused water retention?
waipete

Post by waipete »

waipete wrote: So I find I'm getting tired on my days off when not doing much the whole day. I think it maybe due to lack of quality of sleep as I sometimes wake up after about 6-7 hours rest and I don't know if the loud noises around me wake me up or not, but I tend to take a nap later in the day. On my days of being active I don't really experience this but feel so energetic and actually I bring bananas to work without the OO so I only get about 100ml of OO those days but I'm alot more active as I'm always moving or lifting stuff, often times after I eat the bananas everyone is sitting down resting while I just can't help myself but to walk around and burn some energy. Maybe on my more inactive days I should increase my fat intake?
I forgot to add my sleep cycle is usually get up around 12pm to 3pm, sleep at 6-8am, I usually get tired (yawning) around 7pm-12 midnight only if I'm not doing much activity. This is not always true as my work hours usually start in the evening but sometimes start in the morning/afternooon. So I can never really have a steady sleep schedule, but I always try and make sure I get at least 6 hours in a day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

waipete wrote: How are you measuring your bodyfat? I hear scales can be off by 5% due to changes in fluids throughout the day, and menstrual cycles.
Virtually all methods can be off by 10%.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage
what scared me was they all hurt to pop this was never a issue before. Is this a sign that my workout routine has caused water retention?
That they hurt to pop?
No. That can happen with any kind of acne.