Diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Diet diary

Post by overkees »

My basic diet consists of (wai inspired):
I only drink 1.5L a day of Orange Juice on 5 days of the week. 52 euros a month
On the other 2 I drink 1L Carrot Juice from organic carrots, they give me 2.50 euros/L. So that is 22 euros/month
I eat organic animal products* which I try to keep at a minimum that I really feel my body needs. This is around 60 euros/month
And everyday I take around 70 mL of a combination of oils** around 35 euros/month.
In the midday I drink juice, in the evening I eat a combination of bee products*** Around 50 euros/month.
Chocolate/Cocoa, 25g a day on avg, around 20 euros/month

In addition:
Only a few glasses during the week of apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered) with maple syrup, ginger and cayenne pepper.
Barley grass combined with wheat grass (10g raw organic powder a day) for experiment
Chlorella combined with spirulina (5g raw organic powder a day) to experiment with
Spelt bread (raw, made with 70% sour dough), only 2-3 slices per two weeks or something like that.

40 euros a month (I bought a large stash of these products in discount)

Munch foods
Croissant, once or twice per week. (6 euros a month)
French Fries / Chips, 4-5 times a month. 10 euros a month

Rough estimate:
Basic: 230 euros
Additional: 40 euros
Munch: 16 euros
==================
275 euros

Which is a very good price for a diet that is extremely rich in every single nutrient. I'm at +100 % for all nutrients except for calcium which is at 70 per cent or something like that. It really is an insane amount of calcium that RDI. The spirulina give large amounts of b vitamins and chlorella a lot of minerals.

*herring, parma ham, salmon, egg yolk and as a treat every weekend some raw sheep cheese and/or sheep yoghurt
**fermented skate liver oil, red palm oil, coconut oil, home made ghee (organic grass fed during spring season) and denocciolato olive oil. I take it every morning as I delay my carbs to the point my body starts to ask for it (4-5 hours after waking up most of the time). I add a little OO to the OJ, and I'm thinking about mixing it with macadamia oil or walnut oil if I can find a good dealer in the virgin stuff.
*** A few tbsp of raw honey, a tsp of royal jelly and on days I don't eat animal products one tbsp of bee pollen

What I still can't explain:
I'm around 2000 - 2400 calories, with 40km running a week, 70 km cycling a week, studying 30 hours a week and working 7 hours a week. Sleeping only 7 hours on avg at the moment. This shocks me, because it used to be around 3500 kcal or something in the beginning of wai (when I first kept track of my calories) and I was very sedentary. My weight was stable at 75kg. It has decreased to 74kg in the last 3 months. I'm 1.92 cm tall.
dime

Re: Diet diary

Post by dime »

275 is not much at all for a healthy diet. I think I'm around 200/month but it's far from ideal with all the rice and meat.
So you're doing better with less animal products? I feel like I'm kinda getting dependent on a lot of meat, eggs, fish, and find it hard to eat little of them. I'm same height but 73kg btw.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, I really felt good on animal products. But when I ate them in the evening I always needed to sleep longer and felt more afwul upon waking up. That is when I started to think: maybe the protein is too heavy and started to eliminate it from the diet. I now eat 4 servings of animal protein a week always at lunch. Fish is an exception, fresh mackerel and herring and good quality salmon that is. I really can't bear the thawed salmon, it disgusts me (I had very bad experiences with it). But it is hard to always have these fresh and they tend to be expensive (except for the mackerel but it spoils really easily). The herring is very convenient as you can buy it fresh (good quality) at a lot of places in the netherlands.

What I also noticed is that if I had muscle tension due to a bad posture (which was really really bad) I immediately felt relieve from things like herring, salmon, avocado, banana. They really seem to losen me up. In the past I always had very bad headaches due to this stress in my upper back and I always craved for bananas when I had these headaches. I found out about the avocado and herring after experimenting some. What I also noticed is that my sleep dramatically when consuming these products
The only thing is that I really don't like them alot. I get fed up with bananas easily and I never liked the taste of avocado and if I mix it with other things I find it too much work. Herring is just not affordable for me to consume in large quantities.

What about yolks you might ask? I really don't feel like consuming more than 2-3 of them a day. If I push myself to eat more I really start to detest them.

So, I started investigating and found out these are all high mineral foods. And since everytime I did the nutrient calculator check I always was low in calcium, magnesium and zinc I could easily make the connection. I also remember that buteyko said that these minerals are also very important for elevated carbon dioxide levels as they tend to stabillize the acid/alkaline balance which needs to resettle when living with more CO2. Probably one of the reasons why sporters need more of these minerals aswell.

That is how I found out about chocolate, which always prevented muscle tension. Due to stress at school again and the need for more energy I had some problems with tensions in my shoulder that resulted in a very light headache (which I didn't experience for quite a while), if I eat the dark chocolate (90 %) I got rid of this. It is really amazing: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/sweets/10638/2
Later I found out about chlorella, which is also amazing (but not to be used too long since it increases your immuno response due to certain substances in it): http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/569428/2

I take 25g chocolate and 5g chlorella, together they give:
Schermafbeelding 2012-10-21 om 14.15.46.png
Note the 44% DV zinc and 20% DV magnesium.

I also take some sheep yoghurt and sheep yoghurt (raw), they also help with calcium, magnesium and zinc.

When I started to change this, I really improved alot regarding sleeping time. I am on 7 hours of sleep average. On some days (mostly due to eating protein too late) I sleep 9 hours naturally, but most days 6 hours. I am truly amazed. I am hoping that after I finished my chlorella I will be doing fine without it aswell. My CP also is more often, without extreme hassle, above 40CP at the moment.

Some other changes that are happening after introducing a teaspoon of manuka honey UMF 10+ in evening and 1 tsp of royal jelly in the morning is that my enlarged tonsil that I had since I can remember has shrunk alot and has almost decreased to the size of my other tonsil, which is quite small right now (used to be alot bigger). I also humm my ass off. I really notice it hurting like hell after the manuka honey (it only gets a bit sensitive when humming for +15 minutes and royal jelly.

My athlete's feet are one tough enemy. I always think I defeated them, but they will reappear when my CP gets too high. I did a shock treatment in pure apple cider vinegar for 4 days. Walking in the sand and getting a lot of sunexposure on the sols of the feet (I had a holiday in a sunny country). My nail fungal nail fell off after applying propolis tincture to it regularly (it was the small toe gladly). But after inflammation of my soles and a few toes I decided
to not take half measures and now I apply an antifungal cream from the pharmacy (without the hormones) every morning and evening. In the midday I apply iodide cream. I also take a very hot footbath in the evening with apple cider vinegar 1:1 with water. Still there is some redness at one of my feet.
I disinfect my shoes (vibram five fingers) in the microwave or washing them at +60 degrees in the wash machine. I always put alot of probiotic powder in it. If this doesn't kill it, I don't know what can. So far it is looking good, but I thought that previously as well. (Hey at least my ugly looking toe nail is gone, yay!!)

I have also fasted 3 days recently. I only ate coconut oil and ghee with the chlorella. I also used bentonite and zeolite. I took alot of propolis. The good part is, that my dust allergy didn't occur while I was at my parents place. Normally I always sneeze +50 times on one weekend while being there. But during the fast there was no reaction. My urine smelt afwul and I had some headaches the second morning, which dissapeared after a while. I really felt really peacefull on the third day, but I figured it was probably better to not continue due to the vitamin shortage. I still had a gut that responds badly to too much sugar so I decided, if there is some fungus like candida out there, it will now be dead for sure. I will report later on this.

So far so good. I must be very strict and go on with this and hopefully the +40 CP 24/7 will be within my reach very soon (after a fuckin year on buteyko). But on the way I have made awesome achievements which I never thought would be possible for me (especially regarding sleeping time from 11 hours to 7 hours, WOW!). I can't wait to be sleeping 4-5 hours naturally, that would give me so much more time!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overkees

overkees

Post by overkees »

I take a small teaspooj undiluted raw organic buckwheat honey every 15 to 20 minutes. No troubles just enormous cravings the third day.

I really want to be sure my gut is restored completely. Honey has both the sugar and antipathogenic substances. Therefore i figured that dissolving it completely in mu mouth will concentrate the antibacterial and antifungals enough to kill it off.I also did a 3day fast with butter and coconut oil on the second and third day, whoch gave me terrible stools in greyish green and enormous headaches the second. I really felt awrsome on the third day though very peaceful and really focused and energetic.

I still feel that I'm close and the body will win for good very soon. Because now once every two weeks I will get soiling again for 1 or 2 times in a row. But compared to normal people ypu would say Im in a perfect gut health condition. I just want to always, withno exceptions, have regular odourless stools, with no stains on toilet paper. Minimal flatulence, odourless too.
The intervals are increasing and fasting every once in a while works wonders.

I also think that your gut health is far from optimal if you are having troubles with certain foods. I am testimg certain foods for gut health status. I can even eat grains and not experience any negative effects. I only need to chew until it is a liquid, otherwise they will cause terrible soiling. Chewing is the most important thing. Nuts and seeds are the only foods still causing incomplete digestion and I am not eating them for now. They require too long to chew.

Health is not reflected by what you eat, but more so how you eat it in my experience.

I can only really stimulate you on listening to the body, this is really important. I dont really believe in good or bad in general anymore. Im letting go believes in nutrient amounts. If you just do what feels right and doesnt upset your body in any way you can pretty much eat every variety of foods even grains. I really needed things like carrots and spinachd and beets and onions and garlic angs ginger and so forth. My body feels really well when i consume these foods and just saying you need to abondon it and eat only fruits instead is very simplistic short sighted and unnecessary. I have my experience and am in touch with my body and it tells me what it needs. I have come to yhe conclusion that fried and baked products are really bad for me. Pasteurized foods are okay in small amounts. I only need to eat when hungry and not buy things yhat on my head are satisfying but when I eat them they taste hoerible and not like real food, such as french fries. But really tasting the food by chewing better and observing what it does to my body i am really getting into control again.

My experience is that raw food keeps it tastes after long chewing and baked cooked or fried loses its taste within a few chews. This is normally where i would swallow it. I really noticed that the addictive cravings are in this fase of swallowing. If you keep on chewing it will taste like dead and tasteless mucus. You will develop a dislike after a few times and wil excluse it from your diet for good. Raw stuff like fruits dont lose their taste this fast and on my experience they will not cause troubles when you seallow them when they lose their taste. If they do choose other fruits. Oranges were really hard for me to chew and swallow a few months ago but now they have become really easily chewable and digestible. I also noticed that if i eat more than I need I will not have enough saliva available and quit eating.

I cant digest the red meat properly with this new kind of eating. It will instantly dry out my mouth after like 50 g alreAdy. Parma ham is alot easier.
dime

Re: weight loss and juicing

Post by dime »

You're not supposed to chew much on raw meat anyway, unless it's fatty. There's no enzymes in saliva that can break the proteins.
What effect will a lot of chewing have on the teeth, it will no doubt increase the wear and tear on the enamel, especially with acidic stuff like oranges?
overkees

Acid / Alkaline Theory

Post by overkees »

I must admit that I have been doing a lot of more research in the acid - alkaline theory lately. So many people report so much good results. There must be something to it.

And because I have some sensitive teeth that won't be able to heal with all the acidic OJ I take in I started to closely observate what made my plaque worse and what worked wonders.

Crazy enough, drinking the OJ with the oils never caused any plaque buildup on my teeth. They stayed very smooth. However, only adding 2 tablespoons of white sugar was enough for temporal plaque attacks. OJ is very slightly alkaline forming in the body, although it is sour in the mouth. It however always worsened my sensitive teeth problems.

I brush twice a day with xylitol which really works wonders, but alone isn't enough to do the job.

I also take chlorella and this one does an amazing job at getting rid of plaque in the mouth. It is insane. It is according to the theory very alkaline forming. I have noticed the same for barley grass btw.

That is how I started believing that my alkalic buffers were depleted. I also noticed that my potassium intake wasn't that high not to speak about my calcium. I also don't have an afwul lot of sodium which is very alkalizing as I eat very little salt and it doesnt come with fruits. The theory is that my body always needs some of my teeths minerals to keep the alkalic balance and slowly my sensitive teeth gets worse (very very slowly).

This is when I started brushing my teeth with a mixture of sea salt, xylitol and baking soda. And the results are fuckin A! Really, after already two days I can feel a HUGE impact on my sensitive teeth in the positive way. My teeth feel smooth all day long and the white coating on the tongue that is so damn hard to get rid off seems to stay away for longer and longer intervals. On some days my tongue is egally pink even on the very back of the tongue.

I am truly amazed by this and have started to add it to an organic raw unfiltered apple cider + algae mixture until there is no more fizzing (which indicates the pH has reached 7). I am aware that more than 2 teaspoons a day for a longer period is not such a good idea. So I am using a total of one teaspoon a day in the juice.
I am doing this for 2 days now (the juice) and it's looking very very well. Will report more a few days later. Let's see!! I am so excited.
Kasper

Re: Acidic Oranges

Post by Kasper »

I must admit that I have been doing a lot of more research in the acid - alkaline theory lately. So many people report so much good results. There must be something to it.
Did you find some convincing material why it actually works ?
I was thinking that alkaline buffers might act as something like an electron donor.
And in that way, actually has similar benefits as earthing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBangbi ... re=related

This guy is the anti-RRM. Main principle: ADD salt AVOID sugar :p
overkees

Re: Acid / Alkaline Theory

Post by overkees »

Not evidence. Just my own experience. I'm currently sleeping 5-6 hours and feel very very energetic. Running is essential to achieve this. Adding more of the very alkalizing vegetables really helped in muscle aches too. It also stablilizes my energy levels better.

Eating sugar really puts you on the roller coaster. If you don't continue eating sugar you will feel energyless and need another sot.
I think fasting is a natural phase of detox we experience automatically in a hunter gatherer, nomadic lifestyle we had for a long time. First I experienced alot of headaches. Especially after 30 hours of fasting. I can now do a 70 hour fast with only a few moments of a very mild headache. I think if you keep on training this your body can switch much better between fat and sugar.

I'm currently in a really healthy state with a few minor infections which are almost completely defeated. Athlete's foot are still there, although they don't give me symptoms anymore. Only a slight pink/reddish color after walking in shoes for long periods of time. I still use miconazolnitrate and am very pleased with it. It's a long road, but a steady road. Apple cider vinegar baths as shock treatment and sometimes some iodine tincture aswell. One tonsil is still very slightly enlarged (working on that with an effective treatment). Perfect gut health. The only issue is my sensitive teeth, which I think have now solved too. I'm really happy and excited. CP is +40 almost always during the day time without extreme hassle (only a 5+ km run a day). MCP still below 40. It can't be long now!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Wow, good job overkees!
I must admit that my health is on very low level at the moment.
I'm not yet able to combine my study goals with my health goals.
When study goes well, health get worse, and vice versa.

Don't you loose very much weight, when fasting that long ?
I would say it's very hard to fall asleep on an empty stomach.

Please keep us updated about your experiences and ideas. Very intresting !
dime

Post by dime »

Kasper wrote:Don't you loose very much weight, when fasting that long ?
Yeah I'm puzzled by this.. I'm losing fat as if I'm being rendered alive when not getting enough calories.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I eat alot of fatty substances,very low protein. On some weeks I eat 500g of butter...
dime

Post by dime »

Not 500g in one day right?

Anyway, the point is that you have to compensate a fast today by eating a lot more in the next days, otherwise you're short of energy and lose weight.
Don't you think it's better to eat as much as necessary every day, rather than going to extremes, undereating one and overeating the next day?
I think fasting is only justified when you're really repulsed by food and simply don't feel like eating anything, and even this can be misleading.
You should listen to your sensors. If you feel like hungry - eat, if thirsty - drink. Same like you said about the taste, that vegetables taste good to you so they are good to eat, although taste can be much more misleading.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I thought that aswell. But I had read alot about intermittent fasting and I did it before my transition to wai diet and felt really good on it. My concentration was alot bettet and energy levels were very stable. I had some headaches in the beginning but after a while I had none. I did eat lots of protein baack then and slept for aaaages.
In the beginning of the wai diet I had terrible headaches, everytime I didnt eat enough. Also mood swings, but that might also be due to the food addictions I was quitting cold turkey. The mood swings got better and better, but the headaches were terrible, I had them for months.
It was thanks to buteyko that they halted. Buteyko helped alot with all these energy problems btw. Very logical, because oxygen is essential for energy in the body.

However, when I did a fast when on the buteyko + wai lifestyle I still managed to get a a headache. After a couple more of these fasts they were absent. A while back I did my first 3 day fast and the headaches were killing me on the second day. As I said before, the third they I was really calm and peaceful of mind and had no troubles, probably due to being in full ketosis.

But now, after 2 more longer than 1 day fasts. The headaches on the second have gotten very mild, and I think if I do it one or two times again they will be totally absent.

What this means to me is that my body can manage the needs for fats and sugars better and is now preferring fat over sugar. If there is no headache, the transition has been a smooth one and you are where you need to be. Im eating very little protein to prevent the conversion of protein to glucose from happening. Therefore I still eat fruits, only a lot less, just enough to provide the brain for glucose and some other processes that might need it aswell. But I would like to let everything run on ketone bodies as much as possible, I think that is a lot healthier. I feel alot better and energetic on high fats.

I eat alot of celtic sea salted butter now, just a little less than half a teaspoon per 250g. This is salt with all the minerals still present. The springgrass fed organic butter is my bulk. Next to that I also eat some tablespoons of mixed red palm oil, cocoa butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil and walnut oil a day. Around 4 to 5 I guess.
The 500g butter was consumed in 7 days ;) next to all these other oils, not in 1 day of course.

I have bought a excalibur dehydrator and will be making waffle/cookie like things from frood pulp with nuts and seeds. Maybe with a raw yoghurt coating :D. I don't like throwing away the pulp and my stomache can tolerate it really good now so I am drinking juice seperated from the fibrous pulp that is crispy due to dehydration.
The nuts and seeds will be soaked first and thendehydrated. I'm picking flaxseeds for now and will do some research to other good seeds that don't contain an afwul lot of omega 6 and that taste nice. Nuts will be: walnuts, macadamia, pecans. And maybe some hazelnuts too. I think these are the best nuts that are out there looking at nutrient : antinutrient and omega 6 : omega 3 ratios.
I like the taste of almonds too, but they still cause problems odd enough.. they are terribly high in omega 6, but also very nutritious.

Oh, I can't wait to experiment with the carrot pulp/flax seeds/macadamia/raw sheep yoghurt coating crackers. OMG OMG OMG :D
overkees

Post by overkees »

Some more info:

For my carbs I drink 1L of OJ a day. And 2 -3 times a week I have some carrot juice instead. One day is for beetroots. The carrots and beetroots are organic, the OJ isn't. All homemade with my citrus press or versapers.
I eat some Inca berries, some mulberries, some prunes as a snack. One small hand full. All organic too.
2 times a week I make 50g raw chocolate with ginger and some organic dark molasses and lucuma powder.

The rest is one teaspoon dried algae powder, one tablespoon barley grass a day. I mix these with apple cider vinegar, raw organic unfiltered or lemon juice. I add 1-2 teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate to neutralize the acids. It doesnt taste well to no one, but I find it kind of pleasant. I add two teaspoons of dark molasses too. The mix is with added water till up to 1L. I will quit with the algae for a while if IM out of it because it makes your immune system more alert I believe or something like that.

To end my day I take one teaspoon of royal jelly which I bought from a very good beekeeper for a very good price, I keep it in my freezer.

That with the fats as above is my regular day nowadays.

Oh yeah, and once in a while some coocnut water, but its darn expensive
overkees

Post by overkees »

Oh yeah, my animal products for protein are per week:
100g raw parma ham
100g raw fish
100g raw egg yolk
100g raw cheese
2-3 tablespoon raw sheep yoghurt

Everything in my diet is organic except for the oranges, parma ham, fish.