fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by fred »

dime wrote:How much juice do you get per 1kg bananas? Have you tried mixing the banana and OJ?
I run the bananas 2 times through the juicer, and have not much left over. Yes I tried to mix it with OJ but that didn't work well and the taste was not so good.
dime

Post by dime »

Did it cause you digestion problems? Taste doesn't matter that much, to me at least, it's anyway off with the olive oil.. :)
But if there's not much left over, doesn't it look more like pudding than juice? I.e. you could get the same easily with a blender. Can you maybe measure how much juice you actually get (out of how much bananas) next time? It would be nice to make some calculations.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:Did it cause you digestion problems? Taste doesn't matter that much, to me at least, it's anyway off with the olive oil.. :)
But if there's not much left over, doesn't it look more like pudding than juice? I.e. you could get the same easily with a blender. Can you maybe measure how much juice you actually get (out of how much bananas) next time? It would be nice to make some calculations.
No digestion problems but OJ for strange reasons hurt my eyes and blurred my vision so I have to limit it. And I prefer Banana juice alone.
It gives a real thick juice, very dense, nothing compare to blended banana. The left over is mainly fiber. It is a real improvement.
Will try to measure next time.
fred

Post by fred »

This morning I juiced 2360g of bananas :

1400g of juice
300g left over
660g peel

This gives 620g of juice per kilo of banana.
This time the bananas (from Ecuator) were less watery than usual, giving a thicker juice that is inferior in my opinion to the juice of more watery (but more fragile) bananas like the ones from French West Indies.
dime

Post by dime »

That's more or less better than oranges! Which juicer you have? I'll buy some slow juicer.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:That's more or less better than oranges! Which juicer you have? I'll buy some slow juicer.
Oscar Hurom HU-400 : http://www.vitality4life.com.au/juicer-hurom-400
dime

Post by dime »

Thanks fred! I ordered this one, hopefully it will be good enough for bananas.
fred

Post by fred »

I ate some steamed potatoes and white rice in order to up my caloric intake (didn't have any good fruits available) those last 2 days and what a disaster! violent headache, severe neck and jaw pain (not to mentioned the hypoglycemia!) make me regret my indulgence... I guess it's the heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in cooked protein that my body react to (there are not much Advanced Glycation End products in cooked potatoes and rice to my knowledge).

I write that down because I tend to forget and repeat the same error.

In this situation, I think it is better to fast (and loose some muscle) than to intoxicate myself with cooked food.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Hi Fred,

Next time, when you going to make banana juice, can you take a short video? I want to see how Hurom juicer works, especially when you want to make bananas juice.
Please send it to my mail: vatepsau@gmail.com :)
Thank you :)
fred

Post by fred »

at 6:00, the guy juices bananas with the same juicer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHD3wg_WuhQ
(He is not for juicing fruits so don't listen to his recommendations)
Last edited by fred on Fri 03 May 2013 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

fred wrote:at 6:00, the guy juices bananas with the same juicer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHD3wg_WuhQ
(He is not for juicing fruits so don't listen to his recommendations)
ok, thanks ;)
fred

Post by fred »

I am gaining some weight by eating a lot of sugar (1Kg yesterday!) especially from honey. This is a miracle for me.
Click on the link below to see what I ate yesterday : honey, banana/orange juice, tomato, avocado, oyster. No oil!
(I didn't find seafood in the nutrient calculator so I use chronometer) :

View Screen Capture

Let me know if it is fine it terms of micronutrients because half of my caloric intake comes from honey which is almost an empty calorie food.
fred

Post by fred »

I ate 775g of sugar yesterday (not 1kg as I wrote). I am sleeping quite good with this high sugar diet (7 hours in a row). Good energy. It is a bit force-feeding but I don't know any other way to gain weight than to force myself.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When you say sugar, you mean sugars (plural; total simple carbs), right?
Sugar = sucrose (table sugar, and in fruits, honey)
Nutrient intake seems fine to me.
Oysters contain 8 mcg vitamin D / 100 g., not 0 mcg, by the way.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:When you say sugar, you mean sugars (plural; total simple carbs), right?
Yes, that is what chronometer says : sugars = 765g. I don't think I ate 120g of starch BTW, given that bananas were well ripened and juiced.
So it was more 850g of total sugars.
That is a bit frightening to eat so much sugar, but given that I have a very low fat intake, I must take my calories from somewhere.