fred's journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: fred's journal

Post by dime »

Fred you already posted those links at some point, we discussed them and concluded it's more or less nonsense.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:Fred you already posted those links at some point, we discussed them and concluded it's more or less nonsense.
Yet you wrote : "It's obvious that saturated fats would make the blood thicker and slower, as they are more solid at same temperature than unsaturated fats." viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3404&p=37064&hilit ... ity#p37063

Until better explanation, that nobody has provided yet, I keep this one!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Fred, these are relative terms; one increasing viscosity more than the other.
That does not mean that the blood actually gets clogged.
Your interpretation is a dramatic version of the reality, which is about tiny differences.
dime

Post by dime »

fred wrote:Yet you wrote : "It's obvious that saturated fats would make the blood thicker and slower, as they are more solid at same temperature than unsaturated fats." viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3404&p=37064&hilit ... ity#p37063

Until better explanation, that nobody has provided yet, I keep this one!
Yes, and later after reading some more I changed my mind, and I wrote that in the same thread.
But you decide to keep the one that you like and which is confirming your beliefs? Especially since what I said is not supported in any way, it was just speculation.
I understand you have problems with fats, but ascribing them to unproven phenomena is wrong. We should try to be neutral.
fred

Post by fred »

I seem to have reached a plateau regarding weight gain. Even with 5000kcal my weight doesn't change. Only my pulse increases. I guess my body just burn off the excess energy. My body is now in the lower range for normal BMI, whereas one month ago I was in "underweight". Still I am quite light (65kg/1m82).
dime

Post by dime »

How much was your weight before you started the weight gain?
According to some new system my BMI is lower (19.3), vs. the old formula (20.4), you may want to check with the latest: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... w-BMI.html
fred

Post by fred »

I gain 5 kg.
BMI=19.1 vs 19.9 with the old formula.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I would like to know what your diet is like now.
It seems quite hard to me to consume 5000 cal a day.
If you burn off the excess energy, do you exercise much ?
Or do you have hyper thyroid or something ? I don't really understand how this can happen.
fred

Post by fred »

I eat 1kg of honey in addition to the usual Wai foods. 1 Tbsp max of olive oil per day. No egg yolk.
Yes it is too hard to eat 5000kcal a day, especially on a low fat diet!
I don't exercice much. Exercice doesn't influence my weight.

My goal now is to maintain my weight without force feeding.
Ni idea if I have hyperthyroid but it has always been a hard time to gain weight. Only on a high fat diet can I put more weight, but at the expanse of my health.
dime

Post by dime »

My plan at the moment is to bulk up with a high fat diet, and then continue maintaining it with a normal diet (or even go with wai warrior)
If you're not gaining weight with 1kg of honey then a lot of it is for sure not digested. There's a certain limit of fructose absorption (just like there is on fat and many other nutrients), you can't ignore that. So you have to take into consideration the possibility that large part of it is just passing through.
fred

Post by fred »

The thing is if I go lower than 4500Kcal, I simply loose weight...
dime

Post by dime »

But how do you know it's not simply weight stored in your digestive system?
You can't lose or gain real weight that fast, it just seems so unreal that you'd need more than 4500 kcal just to maintain your weight of 65kg.
fred

Post by fred »

dime wrote:But how do you know it's not simply weight stored in your digestive system?
You can't lose or gain real weight that fast, it just seems so unreal that you'd need more than 4500 kcal just to maintain your weight of 65kg.
I am on a low residue diet.
But Yes, I will see if I can maintain my weight with less calorie.
fred

Post by fred »

My teeth are decaying at high speed. I have new tooth decays every month or so. It is probably caused by eating fruit juice/honey very frequently.
Unfortunately I don't see other option than to continue on with this diet and condemn my tooth. I am on a liquid diet so I don't need to chew much anyway. Of course I take all the precautions (like using a straw, wash out frequently, brush 5 or more times a day). I tried to brush with xylitol without success.
It's a pity because I am doing quite good with this diet : high energy, symptoms are under control, decent weight, etc.

The question is : how could a diet (which by the way is not deficient in minerals and vitamins according to cronometer) that is so detrimental to my tooth could be healthy? What about my bones, don't they also worsen as my tooth do? Isn't tooth health the reflect to health according to Weston Price and Al?

I have read that food high in fat soluble vitamins and minerals could help to re-mineralize tooth. Anyone has tried ? I am sooooo tired to change my diet again!
dime

Post by dime »

I'd switch from honey to sugar, because honey is quite acidic I think, which may have bad effect on teeth.
I plan to do that myself once I run out of the honey I have.