Kasper's (Wai) Warrior Diary

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Kasper's (Wai) Warrior Diary

Post by Kasper »

For the information, I haven't followed the normal Wai version (100%) since years.
And I'm not planning to follow the Wai Warrior diet with 100% wai foods.
Some foods that I eat that are not Wai: yoghurt (goat), cheese (goat), oats, chlorella, gelatin (and some other ocossionaly)

I started yesterday.
I didn't eat until 6 o'clock.
I've been told that I looked like a ghost (very white) the whole day.
And that was how I felt like, although I felt kind of peaceful, just no energy.

I've been eating everything from 18:00 until 22:00, in 3 meals.
My eyes where bigger than my stomach (as they say in the netherlands).
I had some discomfort, after I eating my orange juice (2.5 L) , egg yolks (2) , yoghurt, honey, coconut oil.
After eating some gelatin, I felt better.
I've no discomfort normally, I think my body needs some time to adapt.
The color in my face returned after eating a meal.

Second day. I feel quite good in the morning. I've energy and I don't look like a ghost (confirmed by several people).
I feel more peaceful than I normally feel. I don't feel stress (which I normally feel after waking up).
Not sure if this is pure placebo. But I'll continue this experiment.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Kasper's (Wai) Warrior Diary

Post by RRM »

Make sure to eat enough at night.
Particularly in the beginning that may be quite hard. (resulting in weight loss)
You can always increase the window of eating, of course.
dime

Post by dime »

Have you been going through with it?
I'm going back and forth with Wai Warrior (eating everything at night) and a more balanced Wai (meat and fat for breakfast, OJ for dinner).
Problems I have with Wai Warrior is trouble falling asleep with so much food in my stomach.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I've done Wai Warrior for 5 days. And it felt good, but I wasn't really productive.
I needed to do my exams last week, so I decided to get back to my old habits.

With starting Wai Warrior, I also reintroduced making fresh orange juice myself.
When I was drinking OJ the last year, I used freshly squeezed (the real thing) orange juice from a supermarket in the netherlands.
Now I'm back doing it myself, and I 100% prefer drinking and squeezing at the same time, instead of squeezing it, and drinking it the other day ( and tastes half as good).
Maybe it is, because I don't add sugar.
It takes me quite long (30-60) min. for drinking 1-2 L of orange juice.
But I don't know, maybe you can call it mindfullness or something like that, I experience as a really relaxing kind of thing.

Btw, I also do protein in the morning, and OJ at the evening. For some reason my body craves protein rich food (eggs/meat/dairy) in the morning. And I love OJ best at around 20:00 -24:00.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:Btw, I also do protein in the morning, and OJ at the evening. For some reason my body craves protein rich food (eggs/meat/dairy) in the morning.
That's because its your routine.
By the time its morning, your body starts to crave protein because the last time it had lots of protein,
was about 24 hours ago.
Its similar to a sleeping pattern, if you are used to going to bed at 24:00, you will usually not get sleepy way before that.
So, if you want to get full the benefit from the anabolic effect of protein, you better switch to eating lots of protein at night. The following morning, you will probably not crave for protein.

You can also do WW less rigidly; fasting till 12:00, 14:00 or 16:00 for example.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You can also do WW less rigidly; fasting till 12:00, 14:00 or 16:00 for example.
I'm doing it now less rigidly, I start eating at 13:00.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I'm doing it now less rigidly, I start eating at 13:00.
You start eating protein at 13:00?
Or in the morning?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I start eating protein and also orange juice from 13. I wonder what I should do. Many small meals, like wai regular. Or two big meals. Like one at 13 and one at around 19.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: I wonder what I should do. Many small meals, like wai regular. Or two big meals. Like one at 13 and one at around 19.
After fasting, a big meal is ok, as you have been fasting.
And if you exercise at night, you should take a big meal after exercise to stimulate muscle growth.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

And if you exercise at night, you should take a big meal after exercise to stimulate muscle growth.
I'm not that interested at stimulating muscle growth. But I'm afraid of eating too much carbs in a meal after having only been fasting for a couple of hours.
I was thinking about doing 20 minutes of jogging just before my big meal at around 19:00.
My way of thinking is that after you deplete your glycogen in your muscles. And your body is craving for new glucose, in that state it can better handle a big meal.

Is this correct ? I'm just a little afraid of ingesting a large amout of very high GI food. Aren't issues like diabetes, and others related to eating too much carbs in one meal ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:after you deplete your glycogen in your muscles. And your body is craving for new glucose, in that state it can better handle a big meal.
Yes, that is true.
I'm just a little afraid of ingesting a large amout of very high GI food. Aren't issues like diabetes, and others related to eating too much carbs in one meal ?
Many carbs in one meal is only an issue if you cannot store them rapidly.
If they all need to be converted into fatty acids first, that takes time.
In the meantime, all these carbs in your blood will keep re-triggering the secretion of insulin. (and that may eventually lead to problems such as diabetes)
But if there is lots of glycogen to be stored, these carbs are perfectly harmless,
as they will be converted and stored as glycogen rapidly.
So, yes, after fasting or exercise its always perfect to eat as much carbs as you may need all in one meal.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Thanks RRM.

I'm running now, between 15-45 minutes a day. And I'm doing 15-30 minutes of foundation training.
25 MCP today, and enough motivation to start my day with a 20 min. run
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Pff. I got some really bad pains in my belly, starting at saturday, and ending yesterday.

I don't know what really happened. Or why. But I'm glad it is over.
I can think of some reasons, but it is just guessing.
I can't think of what my very soft approach of wai warrior could have to do with this.
I didn't radically change anything, except for doing more exercises, so that's what comes to my mind first.

Normally, I would think I would get diarhea, if I would eat something bad. But, I had almost no soiling until wednesday.
Don't read the following sentence, if you plan eating in the following hour.

Yesterday, I got some really bad smelling and really big grey/green feces coming out of my body.
Well. I'm glad it is now outside my body and not inside my body.
Because that smelled really really toxic.

Anyway, since yesterday, I feel so much better. I feel warm again, my mind is a lot clearer, and best of all, I feel like doing running again.
I tried to do some running, with my belly pains. But I just felt dead already after 5 minutes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Usually, the green feces is nothing to worry about.
An intestinal / stomach (flue) infection (belly pain) usually speeds up passage of your stool,
which may therefore colour green.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I quited my warrior experiment. Maybe I try again in the future.

The reason is because I feel like needing food to turn myself on.
Like the machinery of thoughts is just beginning to work, if I put some fuel into it.

Even if I start the day with food, it takes me like 1-2 hour, until I feel like waking up mentally.
The last 2 months I was better able to combine university goals with health goals. And I'm now doing consistently 50-70% wai food I guess.
This is for the first time since very long. And I'm especially glad that my tongue and stools are good 90% of the time, while drinking so much OJ + sugar consitently.

I sieve the orange juice, because my stomach doesn't like the fibre.
I add canning salt (refined salt without additives) (1-2 g /L) because I feel better with salt in my diet.
I add a little bit of sodium bicorbonate if the juice is sour.

Btw, RRM, what is your opinion about raw oats ? Excluded from the diet ?
Because I replace the fibres of oranges with fibres of oats. (20 gram of oat flour/L)
I know what you think of fibre, but really, my digestive system always reacts positive on the fibre of oats.
Not trying to prove this theoretically, just sharing my experience.