Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by RRM »

The level of constitutive autophagy (induced by fasting) in slow muscle fibers is higher than in fast muscle fibers.Full free text
Thus it is more beneficial to have muscles from long lasting activities, than muscles from 'explosive' activities (eg bodybuilding, sprinting).
dime

Post by dime »

So endurance exercise is better from the autophagy point of view? I wonder how much is the difference.
sowen8989

Post by sowen8989 »

Can you gain weight through this diet??
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course.
You can gain weight on any diet, just as you can loose weight on any diet.
What matters, is your energy balance.
If you take in more energy than required, you gain weight.
The easiest way to gain weight is by consuming extra sugar and fat.
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

Page 1

3 L of OJ, 7 g. OO, 150 g. sugar, 250 g. salmon = 2582 kcal

Using only 150 grams of sugar? Still today? 150 grams a day?

I drink 3 liters a day, my body is perfect with three liters I start at noon or 14h 15h where. 3 liters and perfect + sugar + 1 tablespoon of olive oil to 3 liters

My question is not it better that I keep the benefits of Wai warrior, since in any case I drink to 13h or 19h in the evening it will be three liters, and Wai warrior there is the advantage of the anabolic stage , autophagy, I'm ripped on Warrior I feel.

You understand? You told me was getting 13h-14h but somehow my juice consumption will be the same as I start at 13h or 19h, it is best to take advantage of 1.5 liters in one shot after sports ... for the anabolic stage

your exact diet please? still 150 grams of sugar?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris75001 wrote:3 L of OJ, 7 g. OO, 150 g. sugar, 250 g. salmon = 2582 kcal

Using only 150 grams of sugar? Still today? 150 grams a day?
That is on days when work is slow (no running around, just normal walking).
On days when i have to work hard (running around all day), i may use a lot of extra energy.
On a very-hard-working day i may use 1000 kcal extra (1L OJ plus 150 sugar extra)
My question is not it better that I keep the benefits of Wai warrior, since in any case I drink to 13h or 19h in the evening it will be three liters, and Wai warrior there is the advantage of the anabolic stage , autophagy,
Yes, the advantage of WaiWarrior is the autophagy effect during the day and the stronger anabolic in the evening.
The longer you fast, the better.
You need to find your own balance; what works best for you, regarding weight gain.
your exact diet please? still 150 grams of sugar?
On quiet days, yes.
But more when i have to work harder.
sowen8989

Post by sowen8989 »

I am wondering is it still necessary to do this diet even if I'm not going to decrease my cal intake? Well I'm still going to do it but I have no intension to reduce my cal intake. Is that alright? Well I'm still 19 so I'm not thinking about slow-ageing through autophagy right now
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, if you have issues maintaining your weight (or getting your weight up), i would advise against doing Wai Warrior.
sowen8989

Post by sowen8989 »

Is anybody still doing this diet besides RMM and some people? Can anybody tell me how they are progressing?
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

sowen8989 wrote:Is anybody still doing this diet besides RMM and some people? Can anybody tell me how they are progressing?

Yes, I'm doing IF with eating window from 16/8 to 20/4. 20/4 is ideal, but not easy to squeeze in all the fruits juicing and the eating within such a short eating window of 4-hrs. My prime focus and priority is to allow as much daily rest and digestion/elimination cycle completion as possible. The progress and results are positive in regards to maintaining ideal weight and feeling rejuvenated and healthy.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

I'm also interested to hear more of other people's experience from maintaining warrior/IF diet. There are some 'IF'('Intermittent Fasting')/'Periodic Fast' Facebook groups that I follow, where people share IF related info and report own personal experience from doing IF.
panacea

Post by panacea »

RRM, if you're still on WW, you've been on it for 2 years and a few days now. Do you still consume 30% less energy than pre-WW? If so, have you considered the possibility that the "extra" energy needs on pre-WW were for all-day digestion, and on Wai Warrior the digestion energy needs are much more effecient as the digestive system only really has to work for maybe 10% of the time it used to.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i'm still on it.
It is now a bit than 10% less than pre-Wai.
I think it is because much of the accumulated damaged organelles have been cleaned up by now, so that there is less 'fuel for autophagy'' (the remaining 'fuel' results from daily damage).
panacea wrote:have you considered the possibility that the "extra" energy needs on pre-WW were for all-day digestion, and on Wai Warrior the digestion energy needs are much more effecient as the digestive system only really has to work for maybe 10% of the time it used to.
That would implicate that the digestive system has an on/off switch,
and that in the "on" mode, it needs the same amount of energy, regardless of how much food needs to be digested.
Thats the efficiency of dumb machine.
I think that the body is way more sophisticated than that.
I think that the amount of energy required to digest food more or less depends on the amount of food that needs to be digested.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM, do you drink water during fast (till eating time)?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, i never drink water.
Maybe 2 days of the year, when it is extremely hot and im really sweating.
Though we also have years without any extremely hot days at all (and hence no waterdrinking)