Beating Addiction

Breathing, sleeping, running, meditation, yoga, relaxation
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Beating Addiction

Post by panacea »

I have been obsessed with beating addiction, in all its forms, for about a decade now
I have come to understand excess food, sleep, sex, alcohol, drugs, etc are all just forms of addiction, an innocent habit on the part of your body/brain that adapted to its environment, but nonetheless not an ideal behavior as reasoned by your brain at rational moments.
What would we really do if we had ultimate control over our bodies? I imagine we would work super efficiently, eat perfectly, exercise perfectly, and be really happy & healthy people, but addictions get in the way at every turn. Short of sci-fi solutions beyond our grasp, I've searched for clues and real world solutions to at least be effective. I'm a firm believer that all self-help pep talk books and tony robins crap is just what it seems like, placebo effect pep talk crap.

With that in mind, what are some real solutions?
Here's where I'm going right now:
It appears that toxins and other chemicals in the body are stored in the form of fats, whether in the brain, blood, or wherever fats are found, there are things wrapped inside them that can get released when we sleep at night, during normal metabolism throughout the day, etc you name it. These chemicals have some effect on the body, and probably are what create cravings. It makes no sense that the brain's synapses alone create cravings, what would be the mechanism and point? Surely, it's more simple than that - the chemicals we ingest stay inside our fat cells, slowly release, making our bodies continually dependent on resupplying them. If I'm right that it's a vicious cycle, we need a way to interrupt this pattern. The most effective way I can think of is activated charcoal or similar substances which adsorb the toxins out faster than we naturally can through digestion, breathing, sleep, sweat/exercise, etc on their lonesome. The main problem here is that activated charcoal only interfaces with the GI tract, it's not going to be great on its own, plus it will prevent healthy nutrients from being used by the body there. The solution I think is a skin charcoal paste, along with exercise, sweating, and induced lipolysis from megadoses of Niacin (vitamin b3). Together, the lympatic system, skin, and niacin will work together to suck all of the crap that was stored in your fat cells out of the body. We are not doing this to detoxify even though that's what the web says it does, there may be benefits there but I think the main benefit is that it interrupts addictive behaviors, cravings, pangs, etc. When charcoal is on the skin and in the GI tract together, and you are stimulating your circulation, you're keeping your blood pretty clean temporarily, meaning no addictive triggers. This would give us a window of opportunity as long we kept it up (while awake, sleeping wont matter since we cant eat then), to change our eating behaviors, which would then give us a window to change our exercise behaviors, which would then lead to better breathing, and then better health as a synergestic effect.

Now the main problem is that in order for this to work, you do have to eliminate those toxins as they are set free in your body from the Niacin, this means sweating, which means an expensive sauna, time consuming bath, and/or difficult exercise.. not many unhealthy people do these things unless there is huge motivation. So now I'm searching for an easy way to induce sufficient circulation/lymph stimulation, as well as sweating, affordably and easily, preferably while still being able to use a computer, or at least watch a movie. This would be the equivalent of a real technological solution to health, in the current modern world, in my mind.

Thoughts, feedback, questions, concerns, input?
dime

Re: Beating Addiction

Post by dime »

If this is the case, I'd think
1. lose as much (fat) weight as possible
2. live in a toxin-free environment afterwards
is the best solution.
panacea

Post by panacea »

the toxins stored in fat isn't neccesarily just in "excess" fat, it's in your brain, which is about 60% fat, and your normal lean body fat. You can't get rid of that by adding on obese fat and then taking it away..
EDIT: also, simply removing as much fat as possible could be disastrous as you remove the very thing which is protecting you from continual influx of toxins

there is also no such thing as a toxin free environment for our modern world, you have to continually remove them by Lipolysis (the breakdown of lipids/fats and involves hydrolysis of triglycerides into glycerol and free fatty acids, it happens naturally in low amounts in our sleep for example.) and in this case, extreme rebound lipolysis, this just mobilizes the toxins, and it's not a detox, only the liver really "detoxifies" this is more of a mobilization+elimation through the GI tract and skin. We use sweat (sauna and exercise) to get it out through the skin, and ingest charcoal to get it out through the GI tract. The GI tract and skin have the largest surface areas in the body, these two are the most effective means to eliminate mobilized toxins, but it also happens in small amounts in urine, breathing, etc.

The danger is if you mobilize all of the toxins and then don't eliminate them, for example take the niacin and go to sleep. This would be bad because the toxins can get into bad places of the body, such as collect in the brain, which is the hardest area to mobilize toxins down the road.

Now, I don't really think that these stored toxins/chemicals are all that dangerous, although some certainly are like DDT, which we are all exposed to, or if you had large exposure to really nasty stuff such as working around asbestos in construction, then yes they are. But the fat-encapsulation process seems to protect you pretty well, they slowly leech out but it seems like the liver and body can handle this slow amount just fine. The problem in my view, is this slow leeching effect causes addiction & dependence, cravings, for hardcore drugs and for normal junk foods. It's just a theory for the food, but I know it's true for hard core drugs, it's the most effective treatment for drug addiction. They call it NAD (a coenzyme of niacin) because they can't patent niacin, which is vitamin b3, naturally occuring..

What I mean though is that even though this greatly reduces your toxic load, and probably will enable your CP (buteyko) to raise much faster in a single day like a clean childs body does, I don't think this is actually the main benefit, the body handles toxins pretty well when healthy, but that initial hurdle of getting healthy needs us to have a clean slate, free of addictive triggers.. hence the niacin flush + elimation via exercise and sweat + charcoal adsorption in the GI tract.

how the niacin megadose works is, it first tries to suppress lipolysis (breakdown of fats) for about 30 minutes I think, and then the body overreacts to compensate and begins and intense lipolysis, bursting fat cells lke crazy (literally exploding them), mobilizing all of the chemicals inside, which would normally be a pretty bad ordeal, if you don't sweat after.
panacea

Post by panacea »

this method could even remove allergies, etc, I'm actually going to test it myself this weekend, I've been drinking more sodas (caffiene) than usual and I know for a FACT I get massive headaches from the caffiene withdrawal after about 24 hours of quitting it cold turkey.. if the niacin flush + sweating can prevent the withdrawal headache then I'll be even more excited about this, but if it doesn't, perhaps it's still useful just doesn't affect the immediate withdrawals. Will be interesting for me...
panacea

Post by panacea »

an update - A sauna at home can be expensive, or tedious/ineffective if you try to make one in your own bathroom (probably cause water damage/mold problems or just not be as good as a real saunta), but I had a eureka moment -
simply make a hot bath with purified water, negatively charge the ions, and soak in it, with a snorkel and your face under water, because we actually sweat under water too, and quite a lot, I'm convinced we actually sweat more in hot water than in a sauna, or just as much. (your forehead/brain area is sweating too if using a snorkel)
By doing this, there's very little prep time required, everyone has a bathtub and can do it in the US (hot water), etc. Also, I read that the organs/heart get worked out during these hot baths, equivalent to taking a stroll, the only thing you wouldn't be getting is mechanical vibration from impacts/gravity, which you could get by using a rebounder before/after, or simply jogging/strolling before/after.

All in all, I think it's coming together nicely into a technological solution that even sick people or addicted sloth-like people could actually use to beat their addiction and improve their health, if it actually works...

I need to find a way to negatively ionize the bathwater though, I found air filter devices which can do it for indoor air, but not sure how to do it in water. Perhaps the charcoal does it, back to researching..
panacea

Post by panacea »

another eureka moment.. how about detoxing in 3 ways at once plus getting buteyko benefits?
how about being submerged in a hot, negatively ionized & purified bath, with an air filter (negative ions) in the apartment or bathroom as well, with a frolov device except the water in the frolov device is also charcoal saturated, which you use in place of a snorkel while submerged, about an hour after megadosing niacin... you would be improving CP, therefore dilating blood vessels, with the frolov device, as well as detoxifying reinhaled air with the charcoal, sweating, vasodilation due to niacin, lipolysis due to niacin, improved circulation due to negative ions in the water, etc.. it should equate to a really powerful tool if I'm right - for a lot of reasons. I'm also thinking of using coconut water or sieved OJ instead of plain water to rehydrate because with all the sweating you lose more than just pure water.
panacea

Post by panacea »

I suppose the last step, although an unneccesary one, would be to get some kind of mechanical vibration to stimulate the lymphatic system while in the bath, the only thing I can think of would be a hot tub with really powerful jets all around on the walls and on the bottom, of course it would have to be purer water without chlorine or w/e they normally use in hot tubs

indoors its hard to get a jacuzzi type deal inside, but perhaps something like this inflatable one (with jets) will work
http://www.amazon.com/Intex-PureSpa-Por ... 3363245011
panacea

Post by panacea »

oh man I'm really liking the indoor hot tub idea because I could tuck that sucker under my double-work table which my computer keyboard/mouse sits on. Would have to get wireless keyboard/mouse devices which wouldn't shock me to death if they fell in (run off batteries) but that's acceptable to me, just place them on a floating platform in the tub
panacea

Post by panacea »

newest idea is simply buying a couple of jets for the regular bathroom tub, apparently there are some which produce negative ions plus jets, although can't find a powerful jet one yet, then buy a large smartphone which can be completely submerged in water up to 1 meter while on, there you go, computing, movies, music, etc while in a bath, the lazy mans sweating/exercise plus the lipolysis benefit of niacin
dime

Post by dime »

Well make sure you sleep on the side, apparently it helps remove toxins from the brain :)
http://www.sciencealert.com/sleeping-on ... tudy-finds
panacea

Post by panacea »

sleeping on the side prevents as deep of a CP decrease, so better body functioning overall, including mobilization of toxins..
panacea

Post by panacea »

as opposed to sleeping on ones back*
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When i go to bed, i like to relax on my back first.
Once i feel sleep is coming, i turn on one side, and during the night i turn over to the other side a few times.
Don't most people prefer to sleep that way?
panacea

Post by panacea »

it is not just the physical position,
it's duration of sleep, and the surface/environment of it, including temperature, materials, air, etc

until modern/recent times, most people in the world slept around sundown, woke up in the middle of the night (around midnight) for an hour or more, and went back to sleep until around sunrise
and even in modern times, up until now, most people in homes slept sitting up, because of fireplace fumes

it's very alien to sleep on a soft mattress, in a home, laying down, with mostly processed air, on the back or on the side, it doesn't change those other factors

but on its own, on the back increases breathing volume per minute, which decreases oxygenation of all your organs, which hinders all your organs functionality to do their job as well

the main reason exercise (with nasal breathing) is beneficial, even though impacts, muscle growth, etc are all small factors, is that it tricks/conditions the brain into being comfortable with slightly higher levels of CO2 in the arterial blood.. which increases oxygenation of all your organs after, until you do something to reverse it. All of that pain and struggle to exercise because our brains evolved to rely on exercise, which was always abundant until recently, to regulate breathing in relation to ambient air. So annoying!
panacea

Post by panacea »

I still believe the "detox" bath is useful, but on its own, removing toxins is not enough, we also have to increase the CO2 in arterial blood, which means.. exercise.
I have been looking into what makes exercise useful in this regard, and how to get the most out of exercise. There is currently a NASA-like machine called Vasper, which grounds you electrically while you work your arms and legs on a type of elliptical machine, with constricting pads on your biceps and thigh muscles. At the same time, these pads are liquid cooled. This causes a lot of lactic acid build up which they claim releases more growth hormones, but I realize the main effect is more CO2 from the acidic effect, which affects the breathing centre in the brain to allow higher CO2 levels afterwards.
To replicate this unbuyable/unaffordable machine at home, all you would have to do is exercise in a shower, a cold shower, which cools you, while wearing constrictive pads on your major muscles and doing resistance training, with nose breathing of course. The intensity is high. By doing this for 20 minutes 3 times a day you could theoretically get the benefit of cold showering+exercise all at once, and get the benefits of 4-6 hours of exercise in a single hour. It's definitely the way to go, but, I don't think I could push myself to do that even once a day, that's how bad of a state I'm in. 20 minutes of intense exercise is easy for some, the worse shape you're in, the more painful all exercise becomes.

Anyway I'm currently searching for some method to make this type of exercise somewhat enjoyable. Perhaps waterproof music or audiotapes or movies somehow on a waterproof smartphone, idk. Another major problem I'm having, again, as I have every year, is unavailability of oranges. The only semi affordable alternative I have is water+ground beef which sucks.