Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: going to try WW

Post by Emeira »

Day 5.
~ same routine~
18:45pm - i broke my fast with:

Orange juice 200, honeydew melon juice 650, peach juice 250, banana juice 350, cucumber juice 400, black currant juces 50g, watermellon 1900g, carrot juice 200g
Kcal 1502; Pro 25g. Carb 375g. Fat 6g
Summarize: less swollen face, but still acidic taste in the mouth and coated tongue. I was very hungry during the day, was hard to concentrate, fatigue, very little energy during workout.

Day 6.
~ same routine~

... the same juice as yesterday
Kcal 1502; Pro 25g. Carb 375g. Fat 6g
Summarize: bad sleep (At night i feel like i need to urinate all the time, too much watermelon), swollen face in the morning, acidic taste in the mouth and coated tongue. This time it was easy stay without food, but still felt weak during workout.

Day 7.
~ same routine~

Honeydew melon juice 750, peach juice 360, banana juice 430, cucumber juice 450, black currant juces 50g, carrot juice 150g, slow cooked chicken breast 200g.
Kcal 1240; Pro 60g. Carb 250g. Fat 8.4g
Summarize: as always acidic taste in the mouth and coated tongue, easy stay without food.

One week on WW:
Positive things - skin become smooth and clear, have lost 1.2kg, it is nice to know that in the evening, after workout you can drink and eat as much as you like and still be in calorie deficit, no obsessive planning what and when to eat

Negative things - going to the toilet too often at night, feeling weak during workouts, hunger during the day, bad breath, puffy face and eyes in the morning, acidic taste in mouth, coated tongue. Probably the main reason of many symptoms was too much fruit juices before bed time.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Day 8
Full day of eating

kcal 2100, pro 65g, carbs 476, fat 16

Feeling great during workout :) Have much more energy
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Tomorrow i still be on WW only going to change my fasting / eating window time.
Eating window (6 hours) 7am - 1pm, fasting 18 hours 1pm - 7am. (I'll go to bed in fasted state)
HIIT workout in the morning 6.30 am
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Re alkaline: I was more thinking along the lines of less sugary foods, as sugar can be food for acid-producing bacteria in the mouth, but maybe I'm not correct in this. I suppose in the end experimenting (as you're doing) is the best way to figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

I do notice that the only day you have more energy is the day that you eat quite a bit more than the other days ;)
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Re alkaline: I was more thinking along the lines of less sugary foods, as sugar can be food for acid-producing bacteria in the mouth, but maybe I'm not correct in this.
You mean less fruit and fruit juices?
Oscar wrote: I do notice that the only day you have more energy is the day that you eat quite a bit more than the other days ;)
i had energy because i ate something before workout and wasn't in fasted state
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not less in general, just before going to bed.

Don't forget that your body might need some time to get used to using the autophagy mechanism.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

After I changed my fasting/eating time (eating window in the morning till midday, fasting - all evening and night), I still had acidic saliva pH ~ 6 in the morning. The strangest thing is that, I have noticed that my saliva is acidic even during the fasting time when I don't eat anything at all.

Now I start eating at 12.00am (first meal) and then after HIIT workout 7 pm (next meal). So far, this fasting/eating routine is best for me, but it hasn't solved acidic saliva problem
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think that your body just needs a little time to adjust.
Maintain this same routine for a couple of weeks to see what happens.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:I think that your body just needs a little time to adjust.
Maintain this same routine for a couple of weeks to see what happens.
Well yeah, I'll try
I feel better when I do my workout not in fasting state, there is no weakness and fatigue (despite calorie restriction in diet) so eating window (12am-7pm) really suits me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thats is the best way to go about it; find what suits you best.
You can always make adjustments later, if necessary.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I have lost ~5kg
current weight ~61.8kg high 1.77

I no longer do WW, but more: "eat what you want and when you want" style.
Daily food: fruit juice, some whole fruits, honey, raw salmon, avocado, yolks, slow cooked chicken.
Problem is that right now i look too skinny :? and i want to be more muscular, ripped
Is it possible to grow lean muscle mass without additional fat? Should I eat more protein or both: carbs and protein?
beehappy

Post by beehappy »

Emeira wrote:I have lost ~5kg
Problem is that right now i look too skinny :? and i want to be more muscular, ripped
You look wonderful as you are! Why would you want to be "more ripped"?
I´m as tall as you are (178 cm) and weigh around 68 kg. As I am a mesomorph, I might have the figure that you strive for (at least above the waist line :evil: ) and what I have learned over the years is: this is a look that women find attractive, not (most) men. The majority of men (unconciously?) are looking for a partner that elicits a protective instinct. So rather short, petite and/or feminine is favorable. Tall and strong/muscular is not! You are relatively tall with a wonderfully feminine and beautiful physique, so no reason to worry.
Feeling tired or weak is another story but I feel confident that your "eat what you want and when you want" style will take care of that.

P.S.: I still cannot express myself as elegantly as I would like to. So in order to avoid a misunderstanding: this is meant as support, not as criticism. Attractiveness is in the eye of the beholder and rightly so!
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I understand what you mean, beehappy.
My goal is not to look like bodybuilder, + some extra kg of lean muscle mass won't do no harm :)
... and I want it just for myself, not for others.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

In my opinion, your body looks perfect.
Emeira wrote:Is it possible to grow lean muscle mass without additional fat?
Of course.
Should I eat more protein or both: carbs and protein?
That depends.
If you eat enough, then all you need is body-building exercises.
If you dont consume energy (since you lost weight), then you need more energy.
If you consumed too little protein, you need to increase protein intake.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Of course.
how do I know if my weight gain comes from muscle not from fat? what is accurate method to measure? Caliper? Clothes? Mirror?
If you eat enough, then all you need is body-building exercises.
If you dont consume energy (since you lost weight), then you need more energy.
If you consumed too little protein, you need to increase protein intake.
do you think these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aXgGd7ccE workouts are fine for bodybuilding?
I love to train at home or outside, it is cheap, convenient and effective.
Since my digestion works fine again I will increase my protein intake and some carbs, but not too much.