going to try WW

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: going to try WW

Post by Oscar »

It might be that your body isn't autophagying (not a verb, I know) optimally yet, but working out during your eating window solves all problems ;)
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

It might be that your body isn't autophagying
The thing is that on WW I eat more than I ever did in my entire live (and i like it), I always was restricting and counting calories 1900-2100... now on WW I eat ~2300 and my weight is maintaining or even still very slowly decreasing, for autophagying probably you have to eat less than I do
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Emeira wrote:... for autophagying probably you have to eat less than I do
It doesn't matter how much you eat, only how long you don't eat beyond the 'empty reserves' point.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

but you and RRM on WW eat less than on Wai regular right? For me it is opposit, on WW I eat more.
I thought that not only fasting time but also calorie restriction is important for autophagy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think it depends on how long you've been doing WW. In the beginning you might need more than when your body is accustomed to autophagy. When I checked some time ago I did eat the same or more than on Wai Regular, but later I needed less. I'm not quite sure how many kcal I consume now.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

From RRM WW theme
Intermittent fasting is about eating less calories than normally required.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

When your body is accustomed to autophagy.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Yep,at the beginning I was exited that I can eat so much and my weight stays stable, but now i started gaining weight +2 pounds within a week, I am on 45 days of WW.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

So now it's time to start reducing your food intake. You might have to adjust it a few times before everything is back in balance.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

which food group is best to decrease on WW carbs, fat, protein? Or everything equally?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think it matters much, so whatever you think is best.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I thought autophagy happens when you either restrict your calories OR practice intermittent fasting.
Because it's so hard to restrict calories for the rest of your life, it's easier to create an eating window and stick to that.
So with intermittent fasting you don't have to count / restrict calories, autophagy starts automatically after a certain hours (12?) of fasting.

I also think your need for calories will decrease after your body knows it can depend on the energy autophagy creates from the old / damaged cells. So eventually you will eat less.

It also seems before IF you were counting and deciding with your mind whether or not to eat. On IF it's more intuitive so maybe more in line with your energy needs?

Eimeira: IF doesn't give you any problems with your hormones? I have been reading a lot about IF. Also a lot of articles state it could me bad for women?
I would like to go warrior, but I am afraid my hormones will be influenced in a negative way.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote:but I am afraid my hormones will be influenced in a negative way.
Yes, that is a possibility.
That is because autophagy is a feature of a survival mode.
When the body is in survival mode, it may shut down the menstrual cycle, as that may interfere with survival, and its obviously not the right time to get pregnant.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

When the body is in survival mode, it may shut down the menstrual cycle, as that may interfere with survival, and its obviously not the right time to get pregnant.
But... Is that really a problem?
I don't want children and having my period is not my favorite thing. I also read articles that state having a period every month is not healthy, because that's not how it was meant to be.
Any thoughts on that?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

MarciavD wrote:Eimeira: IF doesn't give you any problems with your hormones? I have been reading a lot about IF. Also a lot of articles state it could me bad for women?
I would like to go warrior, but I am afraid my hormones will be influenced in a negative way.
I had amenorrhea in the past, heavy weight lifting workouts, strictly dieting, stress on the body of too much exercising was the cause. With WW I just experimenting, so far my menstrual cycle is regular, but still I am verry cautious.
When the body is in survival mode, it may shut down the menstrual cycle, as that may interfere with survival, and its obviously not the right time to get pregnant
I had menstrual problems in the past, so you suggest not to do WW If I with my boyfriend are planning pregnancy? (that would be within 1-2 years, not atm)