Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Fasting during the morning and (some part of) the afternoon, eating at night
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Sat 17 Jun 2017 20:54 What is your current weight / height RRM?
190 meter high
81 kilograms
... do you still add olive oil to juices?
No, not any more
Kat

Post by Kat »

RRM wrote: Fri 05 May 2017 17:55 Yes, it is still the same.
Fasting in the morning and early afternoon.
Then only juice and salmon (sometimes tuna, egg yolks, beef)
RRM I started similar 2 days ago, feel completely lost so relieved to see your post here.
I only had juices (that's norm for me most day hours) until 5 pm & instead of a fruit meal with egg yolks I eat raw salmon only with a little mayo. Felt wonderful and more satisfied than I ever did with a fruit meal topped by egg yolk, salmon felt really good.

But I'm used to having 1 bowel movement a day bc I ate whole fruits (fiber), yet without the fiber what Likely can I expect? I'm not having BMs since I cut the fruit fiber out, which makes me wonder if I need to do something about that?
Is this way of eating (only juices and fish/yolks) going to cause backup in the gut?

You've been doing this for awhile so please share the difference you experience between full WAI diet that includes fruit fiber and now this that includes no fruit fiber but just juices with the fish for a meal .

Thank you so much!
Kat

Post by Kat »

In order to feel satisfied I was eating 8 oz of salmon as my meal.
The positives I felt were not bloated (my usual fiber fruit) and satiety. Torn on how I'd do this bc I'm tired of fish and honestly feel clogged up. I ate watermelon and tomato for my meal this evening instead. felt water logged after, thinking I'll do a berry, mango, or some other kind of smoothie for my meal tomorrow, smoothies seem to be less bloating than watermelon.
If you have any ideas or tips plz share.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Wed 12 Jul 2017 17:03 But I'm used to having 1 bowel movement a day bc I ate whole fruits (fiber), yet without the fiber what Likely can I expect?
Fiber needs to be deported.
If you eat less fiber, there is less to deport.
Hence less bowel movement.
Similarly, if you dump less trash in your trash can, you don't need to empty it as frequent as before.
Is that a problem?
Of course not.
Less waste is absolutely fine
Is this way of eating (only juices and fish/yolks) going to cause backup in the gut?
There is simply less to deport
Less waste materials (fiber)
Its a GOOD thing
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Fri 14 Jul 2017 01:06 I'm tired of fish
How about meat?
egg yolks?
and honestly feel clogged up.
Thats psychological, because you are used to thinking that you need at least one bowel movement daily.
I ate watermelon and tomato for my meal this evening instead. felt water logged after,
If you feel water logged, simply decrease the water to energy ratio.
That means you need to consume juices that are more energy dense (like OJ, or banana juice
smoothies seem to be less bloating than watermelon.
No, smoothies are more bloating.
Smoothies contain more fiber
Watermelon contains more water, which may make you feel water logged
Sometimes its hard to distinguish between bloating and feeling water logged
Kat

Post by Kat »

Thank you so much for responding.

Do you drink OJ (no pulp) literally at the same time with your fish meal? Or how much time do you have between having All that OJ and then your meal?
I'm also supposing, so correct me or tell me if I'm right, it's because you're drinking "fruit juice" that your bowels dont get backed up with any non-digestible part of fish?

And are you drinking pasteurized orange juice or you freshly juicing oranges every day? Does it even matter ?

I've been drinking 32 oz carrots/beets/celery juice at noon, 16-32 oz green juice ( romaine with citrus variety) in afternoon then eating my meal of fish a couple of hours later. I also drink water with or,on when I wake up. I have a feeling 😉 You'll say ditch the vegetable juices and just drink straight up orange juice or fruit juice instead .
And maybe that's why I felt, and actually saw I was backed up bc I succumbed to an enema on evening of day 3 of only juices and fish and there was waste there for sure, maybe bc I'm not "drinking" sugar (fruit) that my bowels did not release? Idk, sorry I'm asking so many questions, I just don't want to end up with fish residue rocks in my colon 😂

I could see myself using eggs instead of fish sometimes BUT really it may have to be, at least to start, if I poach the eggs whites and eat the whole egg including the white.
it was such an impactful experiment to see how much more satisfied I am after I eat "protein" rather than eating fat or carbohydrates . What's the problem with lightly cooking the egg whites and eating the yoke raw?
I know in the past protein constipated me but that was when I was eating plant fiber too. When I eliminated protein dominant foods my constipation disappeared .

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Fri 14 Jul 2017 20:49 Do you drink OJ (no pulp) literally at the same time with your fish meal? Or how much time do you have between having All that OJ and then your meal?
I always first drink Oj, and within a couple of minutes (or later) i start eating salmon.
it's because you're drinking "fruit juice" that your bowels dont get backed up with any non-digestible part of fish?
"backed up"?
Do you mean "clogged"?
The connective tissue in fish and meat is comparable to the fiber in fruits.
If food is a present, then fiber and connective tissue are the wrapping, with the juices and flesh being the contents.
The wrapping is dicarded. They stimulate bowel movement, as they need to be moved.
Without the wrapping, there is nothing to be moved, thus no movement. Thats not clogging (bad), but a lack of waste material (good).
are you drinking pasteurized orange juice or you freshly juicing oranges every day?
Fresh.
Does it even matter ?
A bit.
Maillard reaction products even form at pasteurizing temps (tough relatively innocent), particularly because of the presence of free sugars.
I have a feeling 😉 You'll say ditch the vegetable juices and just drink straight up orange juice or fruit juice instead
Exactly
And maybe that's why I felt, and actually saw I was backed up bc I succumbed to an enema on evening of day 3 of only juices and fish and there was waste there for sure, maybe bc I'm not "drinking" sugar (fruit) that my bowels did not release?
Im sorry, i dont understand this. Could you please laborate?
I just don't want to end up with fish residue rocks in my colon
Huh?
where did you get that from?
What needs to be deported, will be deported eventually.
What's the problem with lightly cooking the egg whites and eating the yoke raw?
cooking
But you can put the egg whites in hot water (below boiling temp) for a couple of minutes
"Egg soup"
http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 78991e37a1
Kat

Post by Kat »

RRM wrote: Wed 19 Jul 2017 17:55
Kat wrote: Fri 14 Jul 2017 20:49 Do you drink OJ (no pulp) literally at the same time with your fish meal? Or how much time do you have between having All that OJ and then your meal?
I always first drink Oj, and within a couple of minutes (or later) i start eating salmon.
it's because you're drinking "fruit juice" that your bowels dont get backed up with any non-digestible part of fish?
"backed up"?
Do you mean "clogged"?
The connective tissue in fish and meat is comparable to the fiber in fruits.
If food is a present, then fiber and connective tissue are the wrapping, with the juices and flesh being the contents.
The wrapping is dicarded. They stimulate bowel movement, as they need to be moved.
Without the wrapping, there is nothing to be moved, thus no movement. Thats not clogging (bad), but a lack of waste material (good).

Thank you, this helps - no need to allow a time frame between fruit juice & fish 👌🏼👍🏻.

To answer your above Q - Yes, "clogged"
A good example -my husband is doing this too (warrior diet, no fiber, BUT he's NO fruit juice - he leans towards keto rather than carbs 😏) and on day 8 of warrior he didn't follow the lifestyle and ate scrambled eggs with refried beans. That's what finally moved stool out for him, he said he had a lot - A LOT - leave his body and felt better. Maybe it's bc of NOT drinking fruit juice or maybe the body needs time to adjust to such less stimulation from fiber - im new to this so I'm not sure 🤔.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It is possible the body needs adjusting. Looking at my personal experience, I had both constipation and diarrhea during the first week.
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oscar wrote: Sat 22 Jul 2017 09:43 It is possible the body needs adjusting. Looking at my personal experience, I had both constipation and diarrhea during the first week.
Makes total absolute complete sense 🙀😁
Kat

Post by Kat »

Oscar, are you still doing warrior ? Do you diary it on the forum?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, still on it. Nah, I'm not much of a diary person. Besides, after the transition period there's not much interesting to tell. I tend to eat more or less the same every day for a long time, and when I change something, it's usually minor.
Kat

Post by Kat »

RRM, is there a limit to how much protein we can have in our 1 meal a day (warrior style wai)?
How do we know what that would be?

I've been searching for that and can't find info for the 1 meal a day?

What I have found is that a person needs more protein in that meal, due to it's just 1 time a day your taking in solid food.
And to Calculate body weight by .8 to know your protein needs for "a Whole day". For me being a 100 lbs female, 80 g of protein is my daily need.
I feel best eating that amount too (8-10 oz of raw fish a night and I know there's still some protein in drinking juice too, but I haven't been counting that since it's pretty minimal impact.

I'd let it rest there,& take in close to 80 grams a night of BUT Here's where I'm torn- all the nutrition books I've picked up warn against having that much protein in asitting. Claiming it ages us and is very hard on body and apparently it's bad (?) that the body converts the excess into glycogen or stores it as fat?

Thoughts, insight, wisdom you can share from doing this so long please ?🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kat wrote: Thu 20 Jul 2017 20:15 maybe the body needs time to adjust to such less stimulation from fiber
That's it. any transition needs adjustments.
Kat wrote: Thu 27 Jul 2017 20:19 RRM, is there a limit to how much protein we can have in our 1 meal a day (warrior style wai)?
If you are not acne prone, no there is not.
all the nutrition books I've picked up warn against having that much protein in asitting. Claiming it ages us and is very hard on body and apparently it's bad (?) that the body converts the excess into glycogen or stores it as fat?
All scientific studies show that intermittent fasting (which comes with eating much more protein in one eating window) actually does the opposite.
It considerably extends lifespan
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM do you track your calories? Or do you intuitively feel how much to eat and when to stop? Especially with carbs and sweet food