which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:what is the latest, newest (or best) Hurom model...
They are basically all the same, but I think its very convenient to have one with a handle.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I am finally considering getting a juicer.
Could any of you tell me which one is best now?
Which ones broke, which ones are hard to clean, which ones are not safe (aluminum...etc), which ones have slowest rotations, which ones can juice the impossible.
And which ones lasted.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

For what purpose, exactly? (which fruits, what kind of juice/mix)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

To find a juicer that will not likely put any thing bad into the juice.

I noticed that the plastic eroding in my handheld white orange reamer.
That means the acids from the orange is scratching it up (; although it could be the sponge I am cleaning it with).
That means no plastic juicers for me.

The problem is that Masticating juicers are made with plastic.
Have you ever looked at Ultem, the material in it?
It looks like a monster scary.Image

The problem is that particles of micro-plastics are already leaking into bottled water.
Plastic in waterbottles.JPG
What about EMFs from an electric juicer?

Would stainless steel leach nickle and chromium into juice?
What about lead from ceramics?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Personally im not really worried about particles leaking from any juicer.
The juice / fruits are exposed to the juicer for a very limited time, whereas bottled water / juices are exposed to the bottle 24/7.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I am working on a chart of juicers.
If I had to rank juicers, after wading through prices and brand names, I came to the conclusion that it is not the price nor the brand that one should filter out a product for.
Instead the parameters of priority are:
1) Does it break? (If I see a comment that says it broke it is going into that red zone).
{If you want to spend $100 - $400 for a juicer and it will break in 1 - 4 months, or even the first few tries, that is a waste of money.}
Like the vertical Omega, which has a base clip that breaks, that i consider a break, how would you screw on the container onto the motor ? That is like an unusable product.
2) Is it safe?
This one I am sitting on the fence on. The problem is that materials may break off or leach stuff into the juice.
Like the Philips one had plastic in it.
Verticle Slow Juicers 2019 April pricing Cdn..JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

Hello,

(For all other fruits than citrus fruits) : My experience with Versapers juice extractor is very good, I bought it in 2010 in Paris, he followed me in three different countries, extracted thousands of liters almost every day since 2010 and 9 years later works always wonderfully, price 320 euros in 2010 I think. (The pioneers and enthusiasts are Versapers and Hurom, sure value)

My father did like me, he bought a juicer except that he bought a shit at 120 euros, he broke his extractor juice in 3 weeks.

Is the principle of life, if you want something quality you put the price! A good juice extractor is not below 300 euros

Now for oranges I simply bought the same citrus press including bars, hotels, restaurants, citrus juices Santos! Made in France, solid, 8 kilos, it does not move, it quickly squeezes oranges, it will last 30 years I think it's unbreakable. from 150 to 500 euros depending on the model chosen. I was lucky I had mine at a restaurant for 100 euros, his customers did not drink juice lol he sold it to me

Hoping it helps you
dime

Post by dime »

Aytundra your table looks very useful, maybe you can share it here?
Which juicer did you get in the end?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote: Tue 07 Jul 2020 09:26 Aytundra your table looks very useful, maybe you can share it here?
First time posting an Excel link ever!!
Here! All for you Dime!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... utput=xlsx
dime wrote: Which juicer did you get in the end?
{Uuuuhm ask procrastination-aytundra}
dime

Post by dime »

Wow, that looks quite extensive, thanks! You could do good work in academic research :)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dime wrote: Fri 04 Sep 2020 20:50 Wow, that looks quite extensive, thanks! You could do good work in academic research :)
Thanks Dime!

If you have an opening in academic research, I might consider it! :)
I barely have any skills or expertise in academic research, but I would love to be a part of it.
I believe I should do ethical research by my standards only, so if it does not reach it, I am out.

Let me give you examples of unethical research:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3941673/
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180962424/
-----
Both research may yield data, but both shares the error of endangering vulnerable subjects.

There MUST be a way to obtain data without endangering research subjects.
Just because a population is available, does not mean that they are to be research subjects, conveniently available and unfortunately vulnerable and subjected to the general ward and care of the governmental population, or the care of a group population (like senior homes, or group care), does not mean that they are to be endangered.

I write this because, in a time and era like this ( i mean the months that we have just seen past us) , people that are research subjects now are the very people walking into hospitals.

As for the non-vulnerable:
It should be interesting to see that there are volunteers. Healthy people subjecting themselves to the whims of vaccine research.
What these volunteers do not know is probably the history and process of vaccine research. If they did, would they think twice about what they are about to volunteer themselves to do? Would the require that better standards and transparency of process be comprehended and displayed.
I think it should be a tragedy should these volunteers die from experiments.
There are innocent shortcuts, and then there are dangerous shortcuts, both leads to danger. We must beg the process, and refine it in such that any shortcuts are not danger-generative.

As for diagnostic tools. If we were to examine, but were to cause harm simultaneous, what is the purpose then to diagnostic?

But it should be said that woe it is that most researchers and people do not know or comprehend dangers. And it is so where the mud of process perpetuates with danger. Neither known to the administrators nor the subjects.

Double-blind is a double edged sword.
If possible, no blinding, pure knowledge is better than blinding. Truth comes whether blinded or not. Double-blind, it is not the time for it. Not now.
balbazor

Post by balbazor »

Hi all,

My tips for juice extractors:

Apple, Celery, carrots etc.. if you are in to that:

https://namawell.com/products/nama-j2-cold-press-juicer

Citrus:

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Citruspr ... B0012XV5FI

I have both of these and they are amazing!