Spots, zits, pimples, cysts, etc.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Alcohol and acne (wine/vodka/gin)

Post by dionysus »

So in order of least likely to cause acne it goes:

Wine (red or white wine is best?)
Vodka/Gin

What about Cider? Made from Apples but i bet it has loads of nasties. The reason is, i'm heading out on Saturday, i want to have a drink not drank for a year, so what do you think is best?

If i'm not mistaken its best to drink on an empty stomach?
Agent

Post by Agent »

Sorry to jump on but straight vodka/gin don't sound to appealing to me?

Not that I ever drink fizzy drinks - I haven't for MANY years (excluding beer :oops:) especially evil Coca Cola products. Saying that how bad is it to mix vodka with say, cheap lemonade? I'm guessing the reply is "bad" so what's the thinking behind that?

avalon

Post by avalon »

I can't answer about the acne, but if you haven't had a drink in a year, keep going! Don't turn back now! This from someone who has made it two months tops.

How cheap a lemonade? My guess is the cheap lemonade will do more harm than the vodka or wine acne wise, because of all the ingredients.

Best wishes
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I agree with Avalon...why drink at all?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

If you haven't had alcohol for a whole year, and you've been on a raw diet for a while, and you have a drink now....you're gonna have one heck of a hangover!!!!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Alcohol and acne (wine/vodka/gin)

Post by RRM »

Wine is best, indeed.
dionysus wrote: If i'm not mistaken its best to drink on an empty stomach?
Im not sure whether this makes any difference.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

You get drunk quicker.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:D yep!
sula58

Post by sula58 »

I only had a couple of drinks the other day--for the first time in a long time--and I spent the whole rest of the day throwing up. It was awful! Yet I realized then that perhaps it is GOOD that my body is so sensitive, because after all, alcohol IS poison. I vow never to have another drink again!

By the way, this was last week, and since then, I have been eating about 15 yolk a day! I have never had to eat so much. I don't know if it's related to my throwing up, but if I don't have my yolks when I crave them, I'd probably faint or something (and I can FEEL the craving so strongly. It's very distinct; it's like needing glucose but different...strange how you can "tell" the difference! Our bodies truly are machines).

So I guess the sensitivity that goes along with this diet has both good and bad consequences, but I feel the good largely outweigh the bad.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Wow, sula, what an encouraging testimony to your body's sensitivity, and your willingness to respond to it.

I am a complete teetotaller, and always have been (with the exception of a few 'experimental' drinking-bouts as an early teen... :oops: ), so I can't say I know what it's like to throw up after ingesting alcohol. Neither can I say very much about the later - and subtler - effects on the body. But I have to agree with you, that the positive effects of this increased sensitivity to all toxins/harmful agents do outweigh the negatives. (But you guys didn't expect me to say differently, did you? ;-))
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very interesting to read! One of the reasons why I think alcohol is so bad, aside from being toxic, is because it can disturb the gluconeogenesis, which happens mostly in the liver. Particularly after exertion or lowered food intake, when it's most needed. The liver is a very important organ, it processes and distributed nutrients, and also detoxifies. Not good to aggravate it...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:I agree with Avalon...why drink at all?
To get drunk. The only reason I drink is because I feel like getting intoxicated (high). It is a treat, something that I enjoy from time to time knowing I'd be better off to not have any. It is a trade off for me like many other things in my life. Like having dessert.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avalon wrote:I can't answer about the acne, but if you haven't had a drink in a year, keep going! Don't turn back now!
You make it sound like the person's an alcholic or needs stop drinking. Maybe, I'm not fully understanding your response but just because someone has gone a year without a drink doesn't me they are trying to quit drinking. I don't drink often but like a drink now and then. There have been times were I've gone a year without a drink, but it wasn't like I was trying not to drink, I just happened not to drink for that much time. So when I had my drink (after the year) it wasn't like a messed up or anything.

Sorry If I misunderstood your message. I have some friends that are in AA and say that anybody who drinks at all is an alcholic that is in denial.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:To get drunk.
Ah ok.
johndela1 wrote:I have some friends that are in AA and say that anybody who drinks at all is an alcholic that is in denial.
Funny. :D
rischott

Post by rischott »

I can no longer drink. Beer tastes nasty to me, liquor makes my internals organs ache, and wine, well, i can still drink wine. Everything else makes me disgusted. WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I still get high though...... :twisted: