cooked meat question

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by CurlyGirl »

Maybe someone should write to the authors of this piece and tell them about HCAs, etc?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Is the steak addictive due to the cooking and or spicing of it, versus say eating it raw?

I have become more discouraged now, no, discouraged is not the word...I am so angry at our global food vendors peddling for profit all this deliciously inviting 'DEAD' food to unsuspecting children and blissfully ignorant people who believe the advertising that's on tv and in the papers!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :cry:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Is the steak addictive due to the cooking and or spicing of it, versus say eating it raw?
Yes.
This is particularly true for steak.
http://www.freeacnebook.com/56-63.htm#58
Brahmaloka

Dr. W.A. Price

Post by Brahmaloka »

Dr. Prices research is very thorough and I recommend his book.

The importance of fat soluble vitamins is what he discovered.

He was looking for the cause of dental caries and he found it.

It is... insufficient fat soluble vitamins.

He documented the diets of many ancient peoples and how degenerative conditions did not affect them because of the special foods that they ate.

Sources of special fat soluble vitamins are...
Dairy fat from grass fed animals, organ meats, fish eggs, shellfish, bone marrow, insects, eggs etc...

Without these vitamins good health and top quality child raising is not possible.

He did not understand that raw foods were necessary to benefit fully but points out that many of the people he studied ate their fats raw.

:D
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

He was looking for the cause of dental caries and he found it.
It is... insufficient fat soluble vitamins.
So, in his view, when you consume sufficient fruits, fish and egg yolks, you will not get caries?
Brahmaloka

Dr. Price

Post by Brahmaloka »

No... what he found was that eating foods containing special fat soluble vitamins prevented dental caries.

The vitamins did a lot more than this though. They enabled 'normal' skeletal development in children. Men and women creating children had no problems and the children were of excellent quality. Adults were 'happy' and had no mental problems.

I have verified his research for myself by eating the foods (raw) that he recommends. My teeth are in much better health and I generally function much better. especially mentally. This was more noticeable in winter. These foods kept me warmer and happier...

Fruits, fish and egg yolks do not contain these special vitamins...

They are only in animal foods from animals fed on natural foods...

"Sources of special fat soluble vitamins are...
Dairy fat from grass fed animals, organ meats, fish eggs, shellfish, bone marrow, insect eggs etc..."

Read his book 'Nutrition and Physical Degeneration' for the full monty...

www.ibsexplained.com
Brahmaloka

Dr. Price

Post by Brahmaloka »

A qualifier to the above post...

Dr. Price was looking at people who ate cooked food as well as raw.

My teeth were already good (entirely raw modified Wai diet now for 18 months) but adding the foods that he recommends improved them futher.

I eat local shellfish and NZ cream & butter. Pasteurization does not seem to affect the vitamins in dairy.

The dairy has side effects but they are only minor. I need them as medication for my illness.

www.ibsexplained.com
huntress

Post by huntress »

Brahms,

I believe you because I can vouch for it through my own personal experience. Thank you for sharing.
nick

Post by nick »

How many yolks would you eat while on the diet?
How much fish?
What about avocados?

Perhaps eliminating dairy and seeing what the side effects are would be interesting to see what happens?
Brahmaloka

Dr. Price

Post by Brahmaloka »

I am not eating egg yolks as I cannot find any of sufficient quality.
If I could I would eat 2-4 perday. Egg yolks have some fat soluble vitamins but not the special ones found by Dr. Price.

Fish about 100g of fresh caught oily fish BUT better are the fish livers and roes. These have the special vitamins in them.

I eat small quantities of avocado but they do not contain any fat soluble vitamins.

I must eat dairy as I have no other way of regulating my digestion.

www.ibsexplained.com
huntress

Post by huntress »

nick

Post by nick »

What are these special fat soluble vitamins?
According to nutrition texts, Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat soluble, are these what your talking about?

That is a shame you can't find fresh yolks!
avalon

Post by avalon »

I've read Dr.Price's book, and though it does go on a bit long in the technical department, it is very illuminating. There is a great deal to learn from these people, who lived long healthy lives, free of tooth decay- that is until they came in contact with "civilization"...prcoessed foods etc.

Many diets varied, but the theme was 'whole' foods. Vitamin A was a biggie and shown to be very well delivered through raw butter. Or, rather and also grass fed beef butter.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Dr. Price

Post by RRM »

Brahmaloka wrote:Egg yolks have some fat soluble vitamins but not the special ones found by Dr. Price.
Which ones are you referring to?
http://www.3.waisays.com/other/eggyolk.htm
I eat small quantities of avocado but they do not contain any fat soluble vitamins.
Of course they do!
http://www.3.waisays.com/fruits/avocado.htm
I must eat dairy as I have no other way of regulating my digestion.
You mean that your bowels are sick and need the sedation / motion slowing influence?
huntress wrote:According to this article, "Relation of diet to general health and particularly to inflammation on the oral tissues and dental caries", it is caused by the deficiency of vitamin C.
Well, at least that is something that is impossible on this diet. :D
avalon wrote:Vitamin A was a biggie and shown to be very well delivered through raw butter.
Beta-carotene (= pro-vitamin A) in fruits is a good source.
Especially egg yolks, but also fish contain vitamin A as well.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avalon wrote:
Vitamin A was a biggie and shown to be very well delivered through raw butter.
RRM wrote:
Beta-carotene (= pro-vitamin A) in fruits is a good source.
Especially egg yolks, but also fish contain vitamin A as well.
No arguments RRM.

Price's studies of dental caries and lack there of was extremely involved, and included many different diets, some with no access fish and well all were different in some ways. Some mainly whole bread and raw cheese. The jist of the matter was that when these people strayed from their native foods to processed foods, well, you know. Bad things happened.

Price discovered something called Activator X, but that's another story.