Acne

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
jinny
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Acne

Post by jinny »

I've been trying out the Wai diet for nearly a month (including 2 days of pure relapse in the face of non-Wai cravings) to rid my face of pimples. While I've always had blackheads and occasional breakouts, I'm trying to remember if my face has ever been so consistently broken out. I wish I had taken 'before and after' photos so I could better judge my progress. Doh!

The first few days of the diet (both times I started) resulted in clearer skin. Still, such progress eventually faded into more pimples and whiteheads. Currently, I'm broken out on my nose and cheeks (the areas closest to the nose), places where I generally don't break out. Also, my chin and forehead are also broken out. Looking in the mirror is nothing short of frustrating and I hate going out in public with such a splotchy complexion (I sometimes skip outings or classes altogether, just so I can avoid internal embarrassment).

Perhaps part of the problem stems from my lack of strict adherence to the Sample Diet guidelines. Because I'm a poor college student, I cannot afford to juice my own fruits and have occasionally taken to drinking store-bought orange juice. Though I drink both Tropicana, I tend to use Odwalla more often since the manufacturers use flash pasteurization (I believe this preserves more nutrients than regular pasteurization). Also, I think consumption of nuts (brazil and almond) causes more breakouts (I have extremely sensitive skin). Lastly, I occasionally resort to eating canned pineapple, though I'm fairly sure they boil the fruit before canning, damaging the natural enzymes. That said, perhaps if I eliminate these three problem areas, I will have better success?

I'm going to attempt another two weeks of Wai, being super strict: fresh fruit (no skin), olive oil, and egg yolks. In just a few weeks, I'll be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding, so I'm really hoping my skin clears up by then. I'd hate to be the only red-spotted woman up front!

On a happier note, I've lost about 12 or so pounds on this diet...so...you know...yay! Le fin.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Acne

Post by RRM »

jinny wrote:(I sometimes skip outings or classes altogether, just so I can avoid internal embarrassment).
Ive been there...
Perhaps part of the problem stems from my lack of strict adherence to the Sample Diet guidelines.
Yes.
... store-bought orange juice... Tropicana ...Odwalla ... nuts (brazil and almond) ... canned pineapple
Bad indeed.
, though I'm fairly sure they boil the fruit before canning, damaging the natural enzymes. That said, perhaps if I eliminate these three problem areas, I will have better success?
Yes. Cooked fruits contain damaged proteins. Please stick to the 100% strict diet.
If you have no money, you can add lots of sugar (and some oo) to the very little fresh oj that you CAN afford.
On a happier note, I've lost about 12 or so pounds on this diet...so...you know...yay! Le fin.
Im not so happy about that, because it means that you are not consuming enough energy. It results in proteins broken down for energy, and that may result in acne (and loss of muscles!).
jinny

Re: Acne reply

Post by jinny »

Ahh! So I broke down on Friday and went to a crepe-serving restaurant with a friend (the first time I've been to a restaurant for 4 or 5 months!)--my insistent friend would not have understood the wai diet and I was in no mood to receive a lecture... I am extremely upset at my lack of responsibility, but the incident has made me even more passionate about beginning wai anew.

RRM, I am starting the diet again, at the beginning (bummer, because my face was finally starting to clear). I will be staying strict and making sure to take in enough energy. By the way, I realized the lost weight I mentioned was way off-base: I had been subtracting from a previous weight of 140; however, I've been 135 lbs for the past 2-3 months. The total amount of weight I lost would have been closer to 7 or 8 pounds, which doesn't seem as drastic. Thought I'd clear up that issue!

At any rate, thanks for the advice. I'll be buying some sugar to both complement my fruit intake, as well as to avoid the rising costs of fruit! and I am so looking forward to treating my body well again!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Don't be too hard on yourself, it's not easy to adhere to the diet, especially in the beginning. It genuinely is like kicking a habit, and they have clinics for that...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Try to see every 'mistake' as a learning experience. Whatever you do, as you long as you keep trying, you keep learning. Learning is always good, of course. So, every 'mistake' is a valuable experience.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very true RRM. One could even say that 'mistakes' are unconsciously created learning opportunities. :)