Bad days

no testimonies, no problems; just ups and downs
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Bad days

Post by avalon »

I'm having a bad Day.

It started yesterday with some stupid condominium incident here where I live. I felt powerless, which then triggered some old emotional self-destructive responses like, to Hell with eating right! And I want to get drunk!

Well I had no alcohol at home(good thing) but had left-over home-made Sheppard's pie in the freezerfrom before Wai. As far as cheating goes, I guess at least, it was all real veggies and fairly unprocessed. But it made me feel awful and it was like, 10pm when i did this...

Wake up today wonder if I'll just give the day over to BAD FOOD. Start googling info on raw food as I still like learning and stumble on "Was jesus a vegetarian". Something I never thought about...but somehow, that led me to Peta's 'GoVeg' website where they have some pretty horrific videos.

I was looking forward to making some steak Tartare, but now, at this moment I don't know. I know I can strive to eat free range organic eggs, perhaps in a small way not contributing to the mass horror inflicted on cooped-up chickens and more...and what about fish? I can live without pork and beef, I think. I'm still new to all this. I love sushi! Joseph Campbell says we must "live in joy with the sorrows of the world". Boy, it aint easy.

I feel like today I want to go and have my last burger, maybe some chicken nuggets...and say goodbye to this SAD food. I know, why even do that.

If I buy Maverick, organic beef, that may be better for me, but is it better for the cow? Is it right? Will anyone ever have to fess up for all the killing?

When I was younger I used to love to go fishing. I really did. But I don't go anymore and I know I like the quiet alone time you get while fishing, but I don't want to hurt anything anymore. And I feel catch and release fishing is just wrong. Like when the Aliens come hunting for us, for game sake, it won't be very pretty.

Where's the WINE!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually, Adolf Hitler was a vegetarian too...

Animals in the wild kill eachother, which is all part of nature. IMO the concern shouldn't be so much "to eat, or not to eat", but more how to treat the animals we do eat. If we can manage to let them have a normal life, then eating them isn't wrong.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I hear you, Oscar. But also times have changed as man/woman has changed as civil rights have changed etc. We aren't going out and killing the animals ourselves, we're manipulating the whole process. And mad Cow and bird flu are in there with us.I know there is this circle of life, and life feeds on life, but watching those videos on goveg, like I said, aint easy.

Since Wai is predominantly eggs and fish(animal foods) plus, it makes it easier to compromise I suppose. This isn't how i'm used to feeling about 'meat' and who knows, maybe soon I'll be right back wanting steak Tartare, but not today.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah sure, I completely agree with you on the food industry issues, and also that it's much easier to only eat (organic) eggs and fish. :)
I choose not to eat meat, for all kinds of reasons, like the one you mentioned.
nick

Post by nick »

Native Americans had a deep respect and connection with nature. They used every part of the animal.

This diet is the least intrusive when it comes to animals. Fish don't show much emotion and are cold, not that this doesn't discount their life. And yolks are baby chicks yet.

We need some animal food, as life feeds on life, as you mentioned.

At least we are aware of their (animals) life and needs.
avalon

Post by avalon »

A Better Day

I'm going to post a bigger thanx at some point here on the forum, but I am so grateful for this diet.

And what a terrific bunch-O-people here online!

It can be very exciting changing the course of your life. During the last few years I have taken better care of my computer, than my own body...

Big Thanx to everyone!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're very welcome! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon

Post by avalon »

Thanx, it is.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

i don't know where i stand in the killing of animals.

First point is we can survive without killing.

Second point is not all animals have consciousness, not all animals know they are alive.

So if an animal lacks consciousness and is killed humanly is it immortal?

Is it immoral to kill an animal with conciousness (eg elephant, dolphin, great ape)?

These animals are our closest 'ancestors' and have alot of the same behaviours when it comes to family interaction.

I think if you want to kill an animal, then first you should have the guts to look that animal straight in the eyes before you personally kill it.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
avalon

Post by avalon »

dionysus, this post takes me back to when I just started Wai. Still trying to be good and still wonder what's right or wrong with respect to eating animal meats and fish.

I guess the simple truth is we may never know, until it's too late. Or, until a well hidden cave somewhere reveals our true indisputable nature as an omnivore, or Carnivore ARRRHHH GROWWLLLL!!!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What about animals that kill animals? They do it pretty brutally. To me it seems that this is just the way the world works.
avo

Post by avo »

I don't mind killing fish, birds, or even small game animals. For a single person, these are fine. I wouldn't try to tackle a big cow or buffalo myself, maybe if I had a tribe of sorts. Just too much meat for one to handle. In either case, a rifle makes it much more impersonal.

It's all about waste. I probably could eat a whole small fish on my own. A large fish or small animal for one big person, or maybe split between two people. Anything bigger, you need more people to help you take it down, cut up, sort out, eat, and make practical use out of what is left. I think it is stupid to kill a buffalo, for example, for sport or just some food or profit. Only take what you need, do not be wastefull. I think this follows some kind of Native American logic, and I agree with it.
avalon

Post by avalon »

johndela1 wrote:
What about animals that kill animals? They do it pretty brutally. To me it seems that this is just the way the world works.
The problem here is we've personified animals. Some of us care for them, some don't. Some care so much they don't want to eat them any more. Man has the ability to question his actions. Are we destroying the planet? Should we care? Killing the oceans from nitrogen waste... It's Joseph campbell's "LIve in joy with the sorrows of the world" quote. A few months back I was feeling a very vegan urge, but then there are so many contradictions it frustrating. B12 is made out to be a very big deal, when a simple little pill a day- or a multi-vitamin would take care of it. Not a big price to pay if your interest for whatever reasons, ethical, ecological or Biblical are to to give up eating animals.

But then where do you draw the line? All animals, only land animals? Oysters :shock: Only things with no apparent eye balls?

So your belief is equally valid as the vegans belief- because it's your truth. But you may change your mind one day. That's the human condition. If the world starts to fail on us, we may be forced by law to eat lab produced animal meats/egss/fish. Remember Soylent Green?

avo,
Very Hunter gatherer of you. It's almost sad that the days of eating this way are gone. Now it's all business and advertising. I say almost because, do I really want to get my hands dirty with blood on a daily basis? I've been spoiled. Since I am on the fence about it all i'm still eating eggs, fish and meat, but my heart does ache about it. I guess not enough to stop me just now. But one day it may.

There are so many nay-sayers warning against every single little thing that honestly all you can do is your best. Like walking down a single road with warning signs for raw eggs, raw fish, margarine, saturated fats on and on with every possible danger in big bold letters. Some paid for by RJR Nabisco!

Isn't it very Ying and yang though, now that I think about it. Dark and light, cold and hot, cooked and raw, vegan and meat eater...

This is exhausting!