how much sugar at once/ getting enough energy

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

how much sugar at once/ getting enough energy

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm always afraid that I'm having too much sugar at once, or that I'm not mixing enough oil with it.

Often I'll take a 1.89L carton of orange juice to school with me, and I'll poor in some olive oil. It's hard to tell how much is in there, because I just poor it; but anyways how much oil would be required? Like 5 tbsp?

Also, if there's no oil available, how small/frequent do sips have to be to not get an insulin response?

Or if I start sipping every 20 seconds, am I gonna get too much too quickly?

And I always feel like I need more fat; which I think is what makes me cheat occasionally. Maybe this isn't a fatty craving and I'm just mis-interpreting it, because it's not like I crave olive-oil. Mostly it's for pizza/cheese.

Also (maybe to many unrelated questions in one topic?), how 'bad' is it to work the body after consuming raw eggs. It would be nice to shoot a couple down before catching the bus, or commuting/driving. Or what about masturbating after egg-yolks; I guess that speeds up the heart rate? :wink:

A huge issue with me is that I'm thin (120lbs/54kg and 6'2/188cm), and I always wonder, is it more unhealthy to not get enough energy, or to eat something 'bad'. Or to get a blood-spike, or eat a block of cheese with my juice. Is the cheese worse than the insulin?
RRM
Administrator

Re: how much sugar at once/ getting enough energy

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I'm always afraid that I'm having too much sugar at once, or that I'm not mixing enough oil with it.
I understand. the best guide is your own body. Learn to listen carefully to its signals. Really, when you keep on listening, its voice is increasingly getting louder and clearer.
Often I'll take a 1.89L carton of orange juice to school with me, and I'll poor in some olive oil. It's hard to tell how much is in there, because I just poor it; but anyways how much oil would be required? Like 5 tbsp?
Thats certainly enough.
You can do with much less, if you want. even 1 or 2 already does the trick for me, but then again, everybody is different. So, try to find what feels best for your body.
Also, if there's no oil available, how small/frequent do sips have to be to not get an insulin response?
Its impossible to tell, as there are too many variables involved.
Half your usual dose is safe enough though.
Or if I start sipping every 20 seconds, am I gonna get too much too quickly?
Thats too frequent; its not practical.
And I always feel like I need more fat; which I think is what makes me cheat occasionally. Maybe this isn't a fatty craving and I'm just mis-interpreting it, because it's not like I crave olive-oil. Mostly it's for pizza/cheese.
Ha ha, there you go; you answered your own question.
how 'bad' is it to work the body after consuming raw eggs. It would be nice to shoot a couple down before catching the bus, or commuting/driving.
Just make sure you can stroll to the bus stop and that you dont have to run, at all.
Driving is ok, of course.
Or what about masturbating after egg-yolks; I guess that speeds up the heart rate? :wink:
not a good idea, indeed.
A huge issue with me is that I'm thin (120lbs/54kg and 6'2/188cm)
wow, you ARE thin indeed.
is it more unhealthy to not get enough energy, or to eat something 'bad'. Or to get a blood-spike, or eat a block of cheese with my juice. Is the cheese worse than the insulin?
Is it worse to get stabbed to death than to get shot to death?
I think you are doing a good job by taking so much fat (oil, not cheese); thats really the healthiest way.
johndela1

Re: how much sugar at once/ getting enough energy

Post by johndela1 »

Mr. PC wrote: A huge issue with me is that I'm thin (120lbs/54kg and 6'2/188cm), and I always wonder, is it more unhealthy to not get enough energy
I think it depends on the degree. If you lack enough calories you will die, but eating a low cal diet in general has been shown to increase life span.

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you John! :)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I read into the calorie restriction concept and they've only done human studies on overweight/average-weight people.

Also those studies were restricting 'regular American diet' calories, which I imagine would increase health for a number of reasons other than eating less calories.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I think they have not done long term studies on humans. Most of the research comes from animal studies with controlled diets. This is why some people don't accept this theory.

I agree that it is not as simple as cut your calories and live longer. If you start this way of eating (CR) to quickly you can have negative health issues. I know a guy that was friends with Dr. Roy Walford (a CR researcher). He is really into CR but admits he started to radically and probably caused some harm. There are also other factors like how early in life you start that affect the benefits received.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Like John said, it's not like cutting calories alone is all that matters. In any case cutting calories on a common diet means cutting the intake of harmful substances as well, which has obvious advantages.