olive oil - pits

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Mrs. Shie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

olive oil - pits

Post by Mrs. Shie »

I understand that pits and seeds in fruits must not be eaten because they have anti-nutrients. My question is: Since the extra virgin olive oil we usually use is made out of olives with their pits, are these anti-nutrients not in the oil and are we not taking these in when we eat this oil?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: olive oil - pits

Post by Oscar »

Good question. For the answer: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1250
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Thanks, Oscar. I understand that the extra virgin olive oils we are using are bad, then. After a year on this diet, I came to realize that the bananas+egg yolks were very difficult to digest. So I separated the bananas from the yolks. It improved much, but I started eating the yolks+o. oil and it also felt very difficult to digest, so I tried the yolks alone and were OK. Finally I concluded it has to be the oil. This is going to be quite a problem, because the alternatives are so expensive.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Coconut oil here is around 1 euro a day for me.
I use about 80 ml a day.
I don't think that is very expensive.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, (extra virgin) coconut oil is a good alternative.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

After trying coconut oil for a few days I decided that it is impractical. It solidifies at too high of a temperature so I wind up with solid chunks of coconut oil floating around in my OJ. These chunks don't make it out of my squeeze bottles when I am drinking, so I might as well have not added it at all. I am using avocado oil right now, which is okay but expensive at CAD$13/250mL. My next step might be to experiment with other olive oils or go oil-free (or very low oil) for a while.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Here I buy 1lt. olive oil for about US$10~15, but 1lt. coconut oil is about US$32, over double. I am using it in small amounts.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What is your experience when combining olive oil with fruits?
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

I will try and pay attention to find out. Sometimes salads feel difficult to digest, but I don't dare to say what the reason is, because I haven't tried them with any other oil. I don't add oil in anything else. I will observe.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What ingredients do your salads contain?
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Usually tomatoes + cucumber or tomatoes + avocado + cucumber. The cucumbers are pickled. I pickle them with salt, sugar, dried chilly flakes, vinegar and some fresh garlic. I am on this diet not because of skin problems, but because of chronic constipation.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Can you try whether an avocado-tomato salad is also hard to digest for you (plus oil and vinegar)?
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

That was exactly my dinner yesterday, but without the vinegar, only o. oil and salt. I think it felt OK.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please keep trying for a week or so, to know for sure.
Then add back in the cucumber, to notice its effects.
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

OK, I will.