Stevia/Truvia

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
dcboyer02
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Stevia/Truvia

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok, so I'm wondering can we eat Stevia aka Truvia?

Its a no calorie sugar substitute; its supposed to be the only healthy one, not like spenda.
Its derived from the Stevia plant leaves.
I'd been using it for a while for sweetness without all the calories because I don't want to gain weight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

Thought on is this ok?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Stevia/Truvia

Post by Oscar »

Stevia consists of lots of herbs and shrubs, both of which are not on this diet. Herbs can have medicinal properties, so should only be used as such, not in normal daily use. Most of the foods we eat (ripe fruits) are quite sweet by themselves, or can become even sweeter by adding sugar, so there shouldn't be a need for another sweetener.
Weight is not just about the amount of calories, but also about energy management. If you manage your energy well, you won't gain weight.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed, and regarding weight:
With this diet it is already hard enough to get enough calories.
When you do this diet, you will definitely loose the overweight, automatically,
if you are not trying very hard to ingest enough calories.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok,

I understand its not ideal but do you know specifically if it causes acne?

I'm not trying to lose weight but just for in the future I wanted to know if I have it if I'm likely to break out.
I know no one can tell me that for sure but has anyone reported use of this and that they had problems or didn't have problems?

Actually, I have the same question about cinnamon. I know its not on the sample diet but do most people have an issue with it, will it make you prone to break outs?
Before the diet one of my favorite "healthy treats" was whole wheat toast with coconut oil, cinnamon/stevia sprinkled on top.

I think now that I'm probably not going to be able to do wheat but it'd just be nice to have cinnamon or cinnamon sugar as an option for a munch food later to sweeten other munch food items as long as I'm not likely to break out from it.

Thanks for your time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

It may cause acne, so that it is excluded.
Whenever there is a little doubt, its is excluded from the sample diet, as the sample diet is supposed to be your safe haven.
Once your skin is clear you can start experimenting.
Not before that.
Its not that hard. Its really possible. Just try.