sugar / oil, and overstraining the insulin system

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

sugar / oil, and overstraining the insulin system

Post by Justin »

Hi, does anybody know... Is it impossible to overdose (overstrain the insulin system) if you combine your sugars with sufficient fat? I often drink high amounts of sugar + fat and then very little at other times.

Will my body simply convert all this excess into stored energy in my muscles and liver (which is what i want) and if i overdose too much will my body warn me before theres a problem (making me feel sick)?

Ideally i would like my muscle glycogen and liver to most often be full of energy and i certainly do not mind gaining weight if these stores are full. thanks
RRM
Administrator

Re: sugar oil question

Post by RRM »

Justin wrote:Hi, does anybody know... Is it impossible to overdose (overstrain the insulin system) if you combine your sugars with sufficient fat?
There are 2 kinds of overstraining (the insulin system)
1) Converting a lot of directly available energy into stored energy and viceversa
2) Repeatedly triggering the secretion of insulin by the same energy

Regarding your question 2) is not possible but 1) is and depends on the timing of your energy intake.
1) happens a lot if you alternate great energy intakes with time intervals with little or no energy intake. If you spread your energy intake throughout the day and in small meals, you will be perfectly okay.
The bigger the meals, the more energy is converted.
I often drink high amounts of sugar + fat and then very little at other times.
Will my body simply convert all this excess into stored energy in my muscles and liver (which is what i want)
Yes, and in your fat deposits.
and if i overdose too much will my body warn me before theres a problem (making me feel sick)?
The sick feeling will only happen when there is already a serious problem, not before. (its a gradual building up of feeling uncomfortable up to feeling sick eventually)
Justin

Post by Justin »

Ok thanks for the response RRM... The best place to start to solve my confusion would be this question...
What is the maximum amount of directly available energy that can be carried in the blood at any one time (in terms of calories/kJ)? Or what is the individual kJ capacity of protein, sugar and fat molecules before they converted and stored. cheers
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Fat is 9 cal/gr, carbs/protein 4 cal/gr. I forget how much the blood can contain...I seem to remember 400 cal on average. :(
Justin

Post by Justin »

is it possible to do intensive exercise without any stored muscle and liver glycogen and solely on directly available in the blood (400kal) , obviously replenishing the directly available energy once burned.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Justin wrote:is it possible to do intensive exercise without any stored muscle and liver glycogen and solely on directly available in the blood (400kal)
No. Without the stored glycogen, your muscles feel powerless, and you may only function at 40 to 60% of your normal level, so that such an exercise is not 'a challenge' for your muscles; not stimulating strength.