Honey versus sugar

What oil? Which vinegar? What about sugar?
avo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Honey versus sugar

Post by avo »

This has been bugging me for a few hours, so I decided to ask here. It is said that only raw, unheated honey should be used when following Wai diet. Table sugar undergoes deep freezing, boiling, chemicals and heavy refining (to say the least). Why is super-cooked sugar ok, but even slightly heated (120+ degrees) honey, not?

Also, can honey cause acne? I recall that sugar (when balanced with fats) cannot. But could raw and/or cooked honey cause any outbreaks?
Could honey cause constipation or any other symptoms? Besides the allergic reactions one may have if allergic to honey, could honey cause anything else that sugar wouldn't?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Honey is a real food, containing some protein as well, for example, so that (as with other foods) heating is not good, as it changes the molecular structure of some of the components.
Raw honey cannot cause acne, constipation or other (that im aware of).
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

avo wrote: don't think cooking sugar (melting, carmelizing, burning, etc) would cause any negative effects, as sugar is already super-cooked.
That is a good point. Sugar is a cooked food (if you'd call it a food).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nutrients in 100 g honey (though it very much differs per type of honey):

(water 18.6%)
protein 0.38%
carbs 75.1% (33.9 g glucose, 38.8 g fructose, 2.4 g. sucrose)

sodium 7.4 mg
potassium 47 mg
magnesium 5.5 mg
calcium 4.5 mg
manganese 30 mcg
iron 1.3 mg
copper 90 mcg
zinc 350 mcg
nickel 1.25 mcg
chromium 29 mcg
phosphorus 18 mg
iodide 0.5 mcg
boron 350 mcg

vitamins
K 25 mcg
B1 3 mcg
B2 50 mcg
B3 130 mcg
B5 70 mcg
B6 159 mcg
C 2.4 mg
dcboyer02

Re: Difference between honey and sugar

Post by dcboyer02 »

Ok RRM, so above you said raw honey cannot cause acne or constipation, what do you think or know about pasturized honey though?

I just bought a big thing of honey at the grocery store and didn't know to check if it was raw. It doesn't say either raw or pasturized on it so I'm not sure what it is. It is clear though, which I've heard means it is probably pasturized/heated.

I've been eating honey for the last couple weeks but really don't want to risk a breakout from it if that is likely.

Thanks
panacea

Post by panacea »

did it cost an arm or leg? It's probably pasteurized.
did it cost an arm AND a leg? it's probably pasteurized, but could be raw.
did it cost an arm, leg, and kidney? you're probably getting scammed dude, wake up!
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

I just got some raw honey and its so much better than regular honey, I'll never buy regular honey again! It tastes like candy!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dcboyer02 wrote:Ok RRM, so above you said raw honey cannot cause acne or constipation, what do you think or know about pasturized honey though?
It contains very little protein, so the risks are slim.
It doesn't say either raw or pasturized on it
Then its the cheaper version: not raw / unpasteurised.
dcboyer02 wrote:I just got some raw honey and its so much better than regular honey, I'll never buy regular honey again! It tastes like candy!
:-) yeah!
palomastewart

Post by palomastewart »

Honey and sugar are difference. Honey is ayurvedic tonic. Its tastes like candy and sweet. We use honey mask on skin due to this skin make bright and smooth. So its helpful tonic. Sugar use in making food. Its taste also sweet.
Kashoku

Re: Honey versus sugar

Post by Kashoku »

It is, of course, true that honey is a wonderful food—for bees! The popularly fostered idea among health seekers that honey is a wholesome, nutritious and natural sweet for humans is fallacious.

Honey is the product of the bee's stomach. The bee ingests pollen from flowers and, in its stomach, mixes it with formic, manite and other acids. Then the honey is deposited in cone cells and, by the wind created by a multitude of bees wings, substantially dehydrated.

Without these acids and the drying, honey would readily ferment and prove unusable for the bee which must have a dependable food supply for up to eight months in some of the harsher climates. Because of these acids and dehydration, honey is impregnable to bacteria. It is rather poisonous in the human digestive tract.

As a food for us honey is woefully mineral and vitamin deficient. Humans require infinitely more food factors than bees.

While honey contains several very desirable sugars, these have been rendered toxic by the protective acids imparted to them by the bees. These acids are the bees' preservatives. Humans do not have the enzymes to break these acids down, as have the bees, and must rob their bodies of vital base-forming minerals to neutralize the acids.

When humans eat honey, it immediately begins to reabsorb moisture from the stomach and stomach flora. It destroys our symbiotic bacterial population wholesale. Several tablespoons of honey makes most people very sick.

In humans honey, more so than cane and beet sugars, is acid-forming and decalcifying. The body draws calcium from its teeth and bones, if necessary, to neutralize the acids introduced and formed.

Manite acid of honey is a protoplasmic poison. It interacts with protein and from this, forms alcohol, ammonia and carbonic acid.

As eaten, honey is an atrocious food. It is usually added to starches and proteins as a sweetener. It readily ferments when held up in the stomach with other longer-digesting foods. The byproducts alcohol, ammonia and carbonic acid are deleterious to human health.

Honey is, therefore, neither a nutritious nor a safe food.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Honey versus sugar

Post by RRM »

Several tablespoons of honey makes most people very sick.
Very sick?
What sickness exactly?
Kashoku wrote: Manite acid of honey is a protoplasmic poison..
Do you mean mannitic acid / mannite / mannitol / manna sugar?
(a sugar alcohol found in almost all plants, and in bacteria, yeasts, algae etc)
Mannitol seems to be protective against ethanol induced intestinal damage.
The body draws calcium from its teeth and bones, if necessary, to neutralize the acids introduced and formed.
Im glad you added "if necessary".
The more calcium is consumed, the more calcium is temporarily stored in the bones.
All the redundant calcium is normally excreted in the urine,
but when you need any for neutralizing acids, there is plenty available.
So, no correlation between osteoporosis and honey consumption...
Honey is, therefore, neither a nutritious nor a safe food.
True, honey is not nutritious regarding vitamins / minerals (low levels), but:
Is there any study showing that long term honey consumption has adverse health effects?