Seeds in the foods we eat

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Seeds in the foods we eat

Post by Maleko »

RRM and friends,

Is it possible that the seeds contained within tomatoes and cucumbers and kiwi can cause problems if eaten in large quantities? A few posts from members here have suggested it could, based on their experiences.

Also, if I am juicing cucumbers in large quantities, i am also juicing the contents of the seeds...so on a daily basis this amounts to many hundreds of seeds.

Did i read somewhere that RRM suggested not eating berries because of their seed content? I vaguely recall that.

Any thoughts on seeds would be appreciated. Aloha.

--Maleko
RRM
Administrator

Re: Seeds in the foods we eat

Post by RRM »

Maleko wrote:RRM and friends,
Is it possible that the seeds contained within tomatoes and cucumbers and kiwi can cause problems if eaten in large quantities?
Yes, if you chew on them.
Also, if I am juicing cucumbers in large quantities, i am also juicing the contents of the seeds...
Thats very bad, because those seeds contain toxins, which are released by the juicing.
Did i read somewhere that RRM suggested not eating berries because of their seed content? I vaguely recall that.
No, because they are not meant for human consumption (it was in a story about spreading seeds)
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

May I ask, with regard to kiwifruits, would it be preferable to gentally swallow the fruit rather than chewing/biting in order to prevent the seeds from being ground down?

Take care,
James
x
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

Ok, so no juicing seeds.

What about tomatoes? Most people on the wai deit eat some tomatoes, they are very high in seeds...is there a proper way to eat them?

thanks! aloha.
nick

Post by nick »

Couldn't you just use a strainer and strain the juice. That way the seeds aren't in the juice? I'm not sure if that would work, you would need to buy a certain strainer that would adequate at ctaching those small seeds.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

When I eat tomatoes, I just eat them with the seeds. The same goes for kiwis. I think it's not that easy for us to crack the kiwiseeds by chewing, so that should be okay.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed; its perfectly okay to eat fruits with seeds, as long as you dont chew on the seeds (which isnt easy, luckily; they are designed that way so that they are likely to survive consumption)
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

What about blending cucumbers and tomatos?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

My skin doesn tolerate blended fruits, but when I was experimenting, I simply cut the tomatoes in 2, and suck out all the seeds, and then juiced the remaining flesh.