Unshelled Brazil nuts, and cracking them

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Aesop
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Unshelled Brazil nuts, and cracking them

Post by Aesop »

I've been wondering about those brazil nuts.
Is it that bad to eat shelled brazil nuts?
I'm asking because I live in Denmark where brazil nuts are illegal to import. Well, special permits are given to a few companies but the nuts are to be shelled and tested for toxins before sale.
So I can only get shelled brazil nuts...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the forum. :)

Shelled nuts are usually shelled using heat, resulting in 'dirty' protein. I'd forget about eating brazil nuts if you can only get shelled ones. Just eat yolks and fish instead.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Thank you Oscar for the welcome... :D
Is it possible to omit nuts totally on this diet? I kinda thought that tey where an important part of the system...
I have only lived this way for about 40 days but I see a lot of results. My irritated skin has healed up perfectly and my fat is melting away... Thank God...and Wai... :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, you can omit nuts. I myself don't regularly eat any nuts, only sometimes one or two as a snack. The basics are fruits, olive oil, egg yolks and fish(/meat).
goodfella333

Post by goodfella333 »

I'm not understand the wording here. The brazil nuts must be in the shell when you buy them correct? I'm having trouble cracking them, they are very sturdy.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, correct.

You best look for a special nutcracker, because normal nutcrackers might not be sturdy enough.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Look for a 'macadamia nut cracker'; they are equally hard to shell.
dancs

Post by dancs »

Soaking your brazil nuts for awhile helps with the cracking since the shell is a bit softer. I always soaked my brazil nuts before crackin em.

btw, i still have 22 lbs of brazil nuts to sell at a low price
Lucks

Post by Lucks »

I finally found Brazil nuts in their shells. They are not organic though. I've been wondering about fruits and nuts that are hard to eat. How could primitive man have eaten these things? For Brazil nuts I assume smashing stones on them, but how about pineapple? Did these just fall from trees and crack open? By the way smashing Brazil nuts with a pot is VERY satisfying.

Also in terms of "the natural way," in nature sugars aren't always perfectly combined with fats. And I doubt olive oil was gulped as it is on this diet. And how about eating olives? You can't just eat them off the tree - aren't they poisonous that way, which leads to people curing them?
Lucks

Post by Lucks »

Oh, I just found my question about Brazil nuts with rocks was asked already by spring. But my other questions still stand!

("From an evolutionary POV are we supposed to eat Brazil nuts? Aren't they difficult to open and require special tools? Was primitive man able to eat them? Doesn't that mean we aren't supposed to eat them because they are so hard to access?")
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Lucks wrote:From an evolutionary POV are we supposed to eat Brazil nuts? Aren't they difficult to open and require special tools?
Yes, they require you to lift a stone and crack them open. Not that difficult in my opinion.
Other primates use such primitive tools too.