Coconut milk turned solid

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
Jerry
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Coconut milk turned solid

Post by Jerry »

Hello, I am new to this board.

I bought lot of freshly squeeze coconut milk from the market, and I keep it in the refrigerator NOT THE FREEZER. The next day, it turn a bit solid than it was, it's not frozen, but just turned so solid. Is it safe to consume? How bad/degree of all the nutritions and protein value turn to `dirty`?

As I remembered that Wai used to mentioned not to combine potato with any fruit (including tomatoes and cucumber). Does this include the sweet potato? How bad combine sweet potato and the coconut milk, since it is made from coconut?

Does 150g potato + coconut milk consider as proteinaceous meal?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Coconut milk turned solid

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by Jerry:
I bought lot of freshly squeeze coconut milk from the market, and I keep it in the refrigerator NOT THE FREEZER. The next day, it turn a bit solid than it was, it's not frozen, but just turned so solid. Is it safe to consume? How bad/degree of all the nutritions and protein value turn to `dirty`?
Hi Jerry, welcome!!!
Dont worry about the cocomilk; its just that, like with normal butter, the fats get harder due to the lower temperature.
Nothing wrong with that! :D
As I remembered that Wai used to mentioned not to combine potato with any fruit (including tomatoes and cucumber). Does this include the sweet potato? How bad combine sweet potato and the coconut milk, since it is made from coconut?
Sweet potato is very different from normal potato. We havent tried it, but it should be less problematic to combine it.
Maybe you can try and report your findings?
(It doesnt appeal to me though)
Does 150g potato + coconut milk consider as proteinaceous meal?
No, thats a low protein munch meal.
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks...RRM !

I just out of curious, how long it can be stored in the refrigerator, as long as it still taste good?

Also, does coconut milk cause gas? Consider the following meal:

5 banana + 9 tbs coconut milk (sometimes, I also add some coconut meat)

so, if I consume above meal in an EMPTY stomach (esp, morning after drinks some sugary fluids), it cause some mild bloating.

But,
1 cup of ( 1 ts cocoa powder + 2 tbs sugar + 5 tbs coconut milk) in an EMPTY stomach didn't.

Does banana won't combine well with coconut?
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks...for changed the title.

I forgot to ask, how to determine a meal is a proteinaceous meal? over 5g of protein?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by Jerry:
how long it can be stored in the refrigerator, as long as it still taste good?
I have no experience with that, but I guess the taste will tell you, indeed.
Also, does coconut milk cause gas?
If coconutmilk is the combination of the water with the pulp, it may, because the pulp contains quite some fiber.
Extracted juices wount cause gasses as whole fruits may.
so, if I consume above meal in an EMPTY stomach (esp, morning after drinks some sugary fluids), it cause some mild bloating.
Yes, thats normal.
But,
1 cup of ( 1 ts cocoa powder + 2 tbs sugar + 5 tbs coconut milk) in an EMPTY stomach didn't.
Thats less fiber, indeed.
Does banana won't combine well with coconut?
Its a perfect combination.
how to determine a meal is a proteinaceous meal? over 5g of protein?
If you are susceptible to acne, 5 g. may already be way too much, while its not much if acne is not your problem. (in the book over 7.5 gram daily is considered too much)
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Thanks a lot...