What about chai seeds?

About consuming nuts (and seeds)
jjah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What about chai seeds?

Post by jjah »

I use to take chai seeds before I began wai's diet but now I've stopped becuase of what Wai says about seeds. I was wondering if anyone knows more about chai seeds, perhaps they are the exception?
RRM
Administrator

Re: What about chai seeds?

Post by RRM »

By definition seeds 'aim at not being destroyed by consumption', and therefore contain as much various antinutrients as possible.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

toastyinUS wrote:
Wait, how is a nut NOT a seed? Am I missing something here?
There is a clear distinction in the purpose of their physical appearance and composition.
There is not much about 'the tactics' of spreading seeds; they are very small and light; which may bring them far (blown by the wind, in the fur of animals, etc), and they naturally contain antinutrients to prevent being consumed.
Its a different story with nuts.
Nuts are meant to be collected by certain animals (like squirrels) which hide them in 'storage rooms' (in old trees, holes). They likely cant remember every nut they had previously hidden (when the nuts massively fell from the trees), so that some of these will grow into new trees.

Why have nuts such a hard shell and can they be stored so long?
Because that makes nuts so attractive to collect (and spread), which is beneficial for the tree.
For the very same reason nuts are as attractive as possible for the collector. (regarding digestion and nutrients)