Craving tomatoes

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Craving tomatoes

Post by Seth »

I recently started craving tomatoes. I hadn't eaten tomatoes for well over three months. Most of what I have been eating has been bananas, avocados, OJ, yolks, fish and OJ with OO. I am wondering what is in tomatoes that isn't in the other foods that may be causing such a phenomenon. Any ideas?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Don't know sorry.

But if you buy 'proper' tomatoes. Nice big and red. They are so tasty!

I swear beefy tomatoes taste like beef! :lol:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Seth

Post by Seth »

dionysus wrote:Don't know sorry.

But if you buy 'proper' tomatoes. Nice big and red. They are so tasty!
Yes, they are tasty. I had not eaten them for a while, which spawned the craving. Perhaps it was lycopene that was lacking from the other foods?
Willie

Post by Willie »

Seth wrote:Yes, they are tasty. I had not eaten them for a while, which spawned the craving. Perhaps it was lycopene that was lacking from the other foods?
It's nearly impossible your organism has the needed genetic blueprint for craving lycopene. On the other side, tomatoes are fruit, so you can eat any amount you were craving for.

By the way, best tomatoes are the nice and small cherry tomatoes. They are the most nutritive ones! Always look for the smallest variety of any kind of fruit for the most nutrient content. ;)

Take care.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Have to disagree with the cherry tomato comment :oops:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Seth

Post by Seth »

Willie wrote: It's nearly impossible your organism has the needed genetic blueprint for craving lycopene. On the other side, tomatoes are fruit, so you can eat any amount you were craving for.
Then how do you account for the cravings?

Why would the body crave that which it does not need, provided it is no longer is addicted to anything?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Tomatoes are quite an 'allround' fruit; they are not particularly high in any specific nutrient (check out 'fruits per nutrient'), but very well balanced.
Every fruit has a different nutrient make up, so that depending on what you eat, a specific fruit may be most perfect to complement the nutrients you have already consumed.
It may not be one specific nutrient that you crave, it may be the nutrient make up of tomatoes that is most appealing for your body given what you already eat.
I also loooove to eat tomatoes very much (especially very ripe cherry tomatoes, they are so delicious!). Every single day im looking forward to eating my mix of some cucumber, some avo and lots of cherry tomatoes...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cherry tomatoes are delicious! :D