(safe) Orange juice flasks

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

(safe) Orange juice flasks

Post by dionysus »

I've always had problems with flasks for my OJ+OO. If i used water bottles, the head was too small to give the bottle a good clean (OO+water don't mix). The flasks i used. The orange juice 'bits' would get stuck in the nossle.

Anyway, i bought a Camelbak flask a few days ago

...and they are pretty great. Huge head for cleaning inside (also dishwashable). The orange juice bits don't get stuck, The straw inside the flask goes right down to the bottom of the flask, so you never get the OO floating on the top. When you shake it (to mix the OJ+OO) is doesn't leak.

As you can tell, this flask REALLY made my day. So, i just had to share it with you. lol
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks! Can the beige part on the right of the cap be removed?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Handle type thing? - No.

But the blue mouth piece can be remove. I found it a bit annoying.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm, well maybe I'll try one too...or 2. :)
What size is the bottle you got?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

0.75ml but you can get 1L ones.

The only problem i have had with it so far is when i have just filled up the flask full, added the OO and have given it a GOOD shake.

If i open the nossle after the good shake straight away, once or twice the OJ has spirted out a little. Not good. Now i just let it chill for a few secs after the initial good shake.

I'm going to buy be another one.

:)
avo

Post by avo »

0.75ml ? :shock:

Where did you buy it? I think a Sports Authority near me might have them.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

avo wrote:0.75ml ? :shock:

Haha. Sure you knew what i meant!

I bought mine at a hiking store.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

They can also be purchased online I think. I'm actually debating whether to buy a 1L or 2 x 0.5L.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

STOP THE PRESS!

One thing you have to be aware of is a slight leakage problem.

First of, i use the flask without the mouth piece nostle.

After i have had a sip of juice and closed the valve. If i turn the flask upside down and give it a good shake, some OJ drops come out (i counted 7). If i continue to shake the flask, no more OJ drops will come out because it is not the flask which is leaking but just the residue OJ which has been left above the cut off valve. To fix the problem i recommend using the 'mouth piece' that comes with the flask to stop it, as the 'mouth piece ' is a bite valve. You bite the valve to open it, this should stop the leakage. I haven't tried this yet (just cause i'm lazy lol)

dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Update

Added the 'bite mouth valve' and it actually works better, so i'm going to keep it on. No spillage.

Note: You can also remove the straw if desired. This enables you to drink the juice in two ways (i) tilt upside down to drink (no straw) or (ii) drink in normal resting position.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Another update

There does seem to be a leakage somewhere if you tip it upside down and shake heavily! :|

I still love it though...and will buy another.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm...I'm going to check if there's a place I can see the bottle 'live'.
avo

Post by avo »

I just bought one, and I really like it.

Black 0.75L was $13 at Sports Authority.

I don't mind the quirks (namely, shaking up and then opening cap) as it is more practical than anything else I've used so far. Thanks!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

avo wrote:I just bought one, and I really like it.

Black 0.75L was $13 at Sports Authority.

I don't mind the quirks (namely, shaking up and then opening cap) as it is more practical than anything else I've used so far. Thanks!

Do you use the 'bite' mouth valve? I put mine back on, i quite like it. Keeps it all less messy.

If you don't like the mouth piece try taking out the straw to decrease some sort of pressure that seems to build up after you've given it a good shake.

I think the droplets i was talking about earlier come from the tiny filter that is in the top. I not exactly sure what this is for :? But to be honest, if you shake it the right way up it doesnt seem to spill at all. Well it hasn't yet!

I like it though. Its very easy to add sugar/oil too. And to also clean.
avo

Post by avo »

I've tried it both ways. I like using the bite cap too.

The filter is so there is a way to decrease/increase pressure. If you drink from a normal water bottle without taking a breath, the bottle will crumple up under the vacuum that is created. If there was a hole (or filter/valve) then this would not happen. So it's probably there to prevent cracking and pressure changes of all sorts, such as hot/cold/freezing fluctuations, along with making it easier to drink from (created backpressure is released). If you manage to fully block the filter when trying to drink from the straw, it is not as easy.

Ingenious design if you ask me. :)