bananas+women=constipation? please explain

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Claudie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

bananas+women=constipation? please explain

Post by Claudie »

"Women shouldn't consume banana late at night, because this might cause temporary constipation. "

I just found this sentence in one of Wai's articles, and I'm pretty sure this is happening to me. Can anyone explain a little further?

Thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oh, in which article? New for me. :)
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

it's just a throwaway comment towards the end of the "constipation" article.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah yeah I see. I would think it's because bananas are more starchy, but why it's only with women, I don't know. :?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

We cannot explain, but this seems to be the experience of many women, including Wai.
That women are more susceptible to constipation may be because there is less 'space' for the internal organs because of the womb.
Claudie

Positive results

Post by Claudie »

Thanks...well I quit the bananas and only eat them in the morning (and don't blend them anymore) and I seem to be ok now.

It's amazing though, one day at work I ran out of OO and my blood sugar felt like it was up and down all day, I craved a big meal so bad and the fruit didn't feel like enough...it's so difficult to resist here as Thailand is such a food-based culture and you can't go five minutes without someone offering you food and asking if you ate lunch, plus our canteen serves delicious Thai curries and stir-fries as well as cakes, dirt cheap...but I have only cracked once, and it was because of not having any oil. So that was a lesson to me. It's so interesting to understand the signals your body gives you.

My skin continues to improve, it wasn't particularly bad to start with, but I feel so much better- for the first time in forever I feel confident without makeup.

Can't thank you guys enough for the research and support... You must have changed many lives. I will keep you posted with positive results!
xx
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Congrats Claudie. Glad it's working out for you. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I don't understand why eating fruit wouldn't have the same effects as drinking OJ.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:I don't understand why eating fruit wouldn't have the same effects as drinking OJ.
What effects are you talking about?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I was responding to this:

"It's amazing though, one day at work I ran out of OO and my blood sugar felt like it was up and down all day, I craved a big meal so bad and the fruit didn't feel like enough"
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah , yes, i understand.
No, indeed, if your blood sugar goes up and down too much due to a lack of fat, your body will not like to eat fruits.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

but OJ (without fat) should be the same
Claudie

Post by Claudie »

i don't understand where oj comes into this? i don't drink any juice right now, because of my teeth treatment. I was talking about running out of oil- are you getting confused with oo and oj?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

i didnt understand that either