Alternatives to avocado?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Alternatives to avocado?

Post by spring »

Sorry if this is in the wrong section; I'm not sure if avocadoes are nuts or fruit. I've never liked the taste of avocado; it's too oily for me and I don't like oily food much - I never really took to nuts, butter or cream. In the past, eating a mouthful of avocado made me retch although I don't do that as much these days - still not something I really like unless it's heavily disguised as guacamole or something similar. So I'm wondering if there is something else I can have. I don't like coconut that much either - coconut cream and milk makes me retch and raw coconut tastes like eating wood chips although sometimes I don't mind it. But I can live without avocado. After I've been a long time without avocado, I try it thinking I'm missing it and then after a couple of spoonfuls I remember why I never liked it. And I have to smother it with plenty of mayo, lemon juice to make it palatable though I do eat it unadulterated as well. What is an alternative to avocado? I have access to extra virgin o.o; that's not a problem for me. I don't like o.o much but I smother fruits with it as I know it's part of the diet. I can't be bothered to make juice so I add o.o to the whole fruit. Plus avocado is hard to get where I am living. Eating avocado even once a week is not a viable proposition for me.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Alternatives to avocado?

Post by RRM »

spring wrote:I'm not sure if avocadoes are nuts or fruit.
Fruit.
I'm wondering if there is something else I can have.
You dont specifically need them.
As long as you eat a combination of fruits and some animal food, you will be fine. Its just that avocado is quite nutrient dense, so that you can replace it with half a kg of any other fruit.
CY

Post by CY »

Raw, sundried (and I've seen jarred, but I'm skeptical), minimally or un-salted olives might work if you enjoy olives. These cannot be purchased from stores (at least none that I've ever shopped at), and must be ordered online. They are a tad pricey, but are easy to carry around and snack on, and I find they taste better than straight olive oil.

Here's one example:

http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/s ... 11-oz.html