bananas and acne?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
clementine
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

bananas and acne?

Post by clementine »

I read that people who are prone to skin problems shouldn't eat bananas. I know that Wai says that blended bananas are no good, but bananas are fine. Is this always the case or should acne-prone people eat them only in moderation?
CY

Post by CY »

Moderation is the key to any aspect of life, in my humble opinion. :)

Anyway, for those who suffer from skin problems, I would suggest cutting bananas out of the sample diet until your skin is clear. It seems bananas have very different actions in different people-- some seem to have a mild blood sugar response, whereas, for others, the increase in blood sugar after eating a banana could be as bad as drinking several spoonfuls of sugar dissolved in water.

Part of this may come from the fact that less ripe bananas, when compared to ripe or overly ripe banans, have a much higher amount of starch and a lower amount of sugar. As the banana ripens, enzymes convert the starches into much more easily absorbed sugars (ever noticed how a greenish banana tastes rather bland, while a browning banana is sickeningly sweet?).

Despite that fact, there still remains a double trend: those that claim bananas have a low and stable effect on blood sugar, and those that swear bananas should be thrown out along with frosted cakes and cream-filled sweets.
RRM
Administrator

Re: bananas

Post by RRM »

clementine wrote:I read that people who are prone to skin problems shouldn't eat bananas. I know that Wai says that blended bananas are no good, but bananas are fine. Is this always the case or should acne-prone people eat them only in moderation?
You should always eat with moderation, indeed, in the sense that you shouldnt eat too much in one sitting.

But no, you can safely keep on eating bananas all day, if your meals are frequent enough, and if your energy intake is in line with your need for energy.