Seeds in fruit edible?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
fictor
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Seeds in fruit edible?

Post by fictor »

Some of the fruits we eat contains a large number of small seeds. Is it ok, regarding acne and general health, to consume theese?

I am talking about tomatoes, figs (dried or fresh) and kiwi fruits, to name a few.

Apple seeds for example, are quite big and tastes very bitter, so it feels natural and is easy to avoid eating them, but what about the seeds in the fruits mentioned above?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I think the vast majority of those seeds you mentioned are simple swallowed then whole and are never digested.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, most seeds (from fruits) are to be consumed (so that they are 'spread' by the consumer), but not to be chewed on, as that releases the (bitter tasting) toxins (and damages the seeds, which are supposed to origin new fruit trees)

So, just try not to chew on those seeds.
summerwave

seeds

Post by summerwave »

When I juice cucumbers I always remove the inner column of seeds.

If I don't, within about 12 hours the juice goes bitter in taste. This doesn't happen -- it tastes sweet and fresh; that watermelon-like crisp taste cucumbers have-- if I seed them carefully.

It means losing some of the expressed juice, as it is very juicy around the seeds, but it seems the seeds aren't too good for you.