Questions on blending fruits

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
manwiththeplan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Questions on blending fruits

Post by manwiththeplan »

1. First, am I correct that the reason fruits should not be blended is because the spinning of the blades generates enough heat to form "dirty protein"?

2. If the fruit is taken from the refigerator and is cold when blended would this be enough to offset the heat created by the spinning blades and negate the formation of "dirty protein"?

3. If full on blending or pureeing is not ok, will pulsing the fruit a few times be enough to cause any damage?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Questions on blending fruits

Post by RRM »

manwiththeplan wrote:1. First, am I correct that the reason fruits should not be blended is because the spinning of the blades generates enough heat to form "dirty protein"?
Yes, not a heat on a macro-level, but on molecular level, which doesnt 'feel as heat' because the surrounding of that what is affected is still cool.
2. If the fruit is taken from the refigerator and is cold when blended would this be enough to offset the heat created by the spinning blades and negate the formation of "dirty protein"?
No, unfortunately the temperature of the mix as a whole does not matter. Regardless of that temp, individual molecules will be affected.
3. If full on blending or pureeing is not ok, will pulsing the fruit a few times be enough to cause any damage?
Not ok either. I tried it all. No mixing what so ever. Just juicing (separating the juice from the pulp through centrifugation)