OJ and OO

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Kasper »

I eat a lot of Mango's, abricots and kiwi's (I tread kiwi's are also high in beta-carotene).

So beta-carotene makes your skin white ? Or do they make it colourfull ?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I guess it makes it more colourfull.
I eat lots of mango's (like 2 a day). Kiwi's (4 a day). So that can't be the problem.

But sometimes I forget to eat oil in the morning, my skin is a little bit white (maybe also from going out, smoking marihuana and less sleep).
But once I eat some fat, a hour or half a hour after that, my skin becomes really colourfull. I like it, but I don't understand the correlation with fat.

About my first comment.
I understand that you eat less oil, so you have a higher sugar level in your blood.

But, don't you need fat for other reasons ?
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922553.html
On this site is stated that a person like me needs 90 gram fat a day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I guess it makes it more colourfull.
Yes, less white.
sometimes I forget to eat oil in the morning, my skin is a little bit white (maybe also from going out, smoking marihuana and less sleep)
Im pretty sure its the latter.
But once I eat some fat, a hour or half a hour after that, my skin becomes really colourfull.
Thats the blood flow, not related to the fat intake.
I understand that you eat less oil, so you have a higher sugar level in your blood.
No, i immediately use all that sugar for physical activity.
But, don't you need fat for other reasons ?
Sure, but this thread is about oo with oj.
At night i also eat avocado, raw fish and yolks,
and occasionally brazil nuts.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote:
Kasper wrote:I guess it makes it more colourfull.
Yes, less white.
So carotenes cause a less white colour.
RRM wrote:
sometimes I forget to eat oil in the morning, my skin is a little bit white (maybe also from going out, smoking marihuana and less sleep)
I guess that this white colour is caused by the deprivation of vitamins during this activities.
But once I eat some fat, a hour or half a hour after that, my skin becomes really colourfull.
Thats the blood flow, not related to the fat intake.
Why are you so sure it's because of the blood flow. Why couldn't it be caused by vitamins ?

I was searching about beta-carotene, and I found this article:
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/132/3/399
Carotenoids also appear to contribute measurably and significantly to normal human skin color, in particular the appearance of "yellowness" as defined objectively by CR200 tristimulus b* values.
Since, beta-carotene is fat-soluble. I guess that fat intake can be corraleted to skin colour.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: So carotenes cause a less white colour.
Yes.
Kasper wrote:
RRM wrote:
I guess that this white colour is caused by the deprivation of vitamins during this activities.
No, its the blood vessel constriction that restrains blood flow to the skin.
Hence less color)
Why are you so sure it's because of the blood flow. Why couldn't it be caused by vitamins ?
Please explain to me how a specific vitamin does this.
Since, beta-carotene is fat-soluble. I guess that fat intake can be corraleted to skin colour.
Only if that fatty food is high in beta-carotene.
But even then the correlation is for both fat and beta-carotene,
and only for as long as you dont eat low fat with beta-carotene or high fat without beta-carotene,
because then there is only a correlation with beta-carotene.

Also, all fruits (and vegetables) high in beta-carotene are low in fat.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

I noticed that OO always go along with OJ. Can I drink the OO separately after drinking the OJ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure. It just makes it easier if it's already mixed together.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote:
No, its the blood vessel constriction that restrains blood flow to the skin.
Hence less color)
Please explain to me how a specific vitamin does this.

Well I wass thinking of beta-carotene. I thought that maybe smoking and a lack of a sleep could make your skin white because of the deprivation of such vitamins during the night.
Only if that fatty food is high in beta-carotene.
But even then the correlation is for both fat and beta-carotene,
and only for as long as you dont eat low fat with beta-carotene or high fat without beta-carotene,
because then there is only a correlation with beta-carotene.

Also, all fruits (and vegetables) high in beta-carotene are low in fat.
Well, that makes sense to me.

If I eat in the morning no fat, but I eat a fruit salad with mango and kiwi's and I forget to eat coconut oil with it, my skin is white. (no fat, high beta-carotene)

If I eat later the day some coconut oil with my fruit salad, my skin becomes much more colourfull. (fat+beta-carotene)

That would explain my fat theory, because I really experienced this in the past, when I sometimes forget to eat fat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I thought that maybe smoking and a lack of a sleep could make your skin white because of the deprivation of such vitamins during the night.
The levels of vitamins dont fluctuate that fast; you can go many days without dietary beta-carotene
with only the slightest decrease in serum beta-carotene levels.
Smoking, however, has direct blood vessel constricting effects.
Hence less blood flow to the skin, hence a more pale skin.
That would explain my fat theory, because I really experienced this in the past, when I sometimes forget to eat fat.
I do believe you experienced this, but that doesnt make your theory correct.
The point is that serum beta-carotene levels dont fluctuate so fast,
and that the effects of dietary beta-carotene on skin pigmentation takes a long time,
so that your skin cannot get less white within hours by consuming beta-carotene.
It takes at least a few days of very high beta-carotene intakes.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Well, then it should be something about blood flow indeed.