Forbidden Fruit Juice? (coz of sugars)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not sure if you have a question here Fred, but they do have a point. This being the fact that juices, which are low in fiber, are less filling than whole fruits, which contain more fiber (still relatively low, but that's not the issue). The result being, as indicated, that you can drink more than you can eat. Ultimately it's about energy intake and output. If your intake is higher than your output, you will gain weight, and vice versa.
fredb

Post by fredb »

mercola is highly against sugar... but i guess if balanced with fat and taking in small amounts through out a day, its perfectly fine? this stuff gets confusing, like today i felt completly spacy/cold/off. i dont know why, maybe more fat
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There's nothing wrong with sugar. Common sugar, called sucrose or saccharose, consists of fructose (or 'fruit sugar') and glucose. Both are used, are needed, by our bodies for energy. The more (muscle) energy you use, the more sugars you need.
fredb

Post by fredb »

hmm yeah maybe so but how comes everyone talks about the dangers of sugar?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

People associate a lot of dangers with a lot of things, some of which are true, and some are not. Which dangers are you referring to? Health? Obesity? Teeth?
fredb

Post by fredb »

i guess general health, i always thought by eliminating sugar you could get clear skin but i guess not...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If we're talking general health, I guess it means blood sugar level ie insulin use, with possibility of diabetes. Read this article.
fredb

Post by fredb »

i guess the hardest part about this diet is just really listening to your bodys energy needs and constantly taking in energy?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I can give you a similar list for cholesterol, but just think of it for a minute:

Sugar is our primary source of energy. Does it make sense to you that our natural primary source of energy is both our lifeline (the brain shuts down when too low in sugar) and bad for us?

And does it make sense to you that natural cholesterol could be both bad for us and be composed by our own body?
fredb

Post by fredb »

ok RPM i agree :D

this diet rocks : )

lean and musclar : ) u should see how ripped i am whoa