Eating only bananas as fruit (plus fatty fish and egg yolks)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
mario91
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eating only bananas as fruit (plus fatty fish and egg yolks)

Post by mario91 »

Lately I've started eating only bananas (loads) with egg yolks (about 12 a day), and 100g of fatty fish a day.

This because bananas are by far the best fruit imo:
best taste imo
high in micronutrients
cheapest fruit maybe (it contains less water than all other fruits, and it's only 1€/kilo all year, and the peel weights little)
easiest fruit to peel
thick peel (less pesticides ingested)
makes a really creamy delicious shake with egg yolks

Eating only bananas with yolks, you don't have to use olive oil for fat, so you're getting a lot of nutrients. It's ever better than nuts, since yolks have more nutrients than those.

This is in my opinion the best "way of Wai eating" I've found so far.

Is there anything that the body will miss from eating only bananas+yolks+fattyfish? I've putted into the WaiCalc and it gets me all the vitamins and minerals and omega3, but what about pigments, enzymes and etc? Will I be missing any kind of micronutrients other than vitamins and minerals from eating only bananas as fruit, or is this bad in any other way?
dime

Re: Eating only bananas as fruit (plus fatty fish and egg yo

Post by dime »

I don't think you'd be missing anything, whether it's only orange juice or only bananas.
Great that you can eat them, for me one banana is enough to cause constipation. It's interesting how the same foods are digested differently by people :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Provided you keep paying attention to what your body is asking for, I don't see anything wrong with it (normally, you will start craving other things when you miss out on nutrients).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mario91 wrote: This because bananas are by far the best fruit imo:
high in micronutrients
They certainly are not the best balanced, regarding micro-nutrients.
Oranges, mango, mandarins (tangerines) and muskmelon are better balanced.
(and have thick skins as well)
Is there anything that the body will miss from eating only bananas+yolks+fattyfish?
Not if you are eating enough yolks and fish.
overkees

Post by overkees »

I think it's better to have a wider variety of fruits, because if you eat more colours you will also get more different antioxidants. If you eat all colours of the rainbow, you are sure to get the best make up of antioxidants.

Why don't you try mixing kiwifruit with banana? Kiwis have the best nutrient make up there is, I think. They have very good protein quality and it can be compared to the nutrient make up oranges. Kiwi and banana go very well together.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:I think it's better to have a wider variety of fruits, because if you eat more colours you will also get more different antioxidants.
I agree.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Thanks for all the answers/opinions!

I don't have kiwi because I don't like it that much (even if very ripe). Plus it gets costy, as it's about 1.2€ a kilo, some waste in peel and has a high water %.

Plus knife-peeling fruits is annoying to me, and most importantly, it irritates my (burn scar) facial skin if I peel a lot of acidic fruits at a time. Plus it drys out my (burn scar) fingers (cause I have to wash hands next), and that's really bad cause I play guitar (a lot).

But price is definitely the most important. The hell with the antioxidants then, I'm eating only bananas+yolks+salmon :P
Iris

Post by Iris »

I believe you should avoid fruits you don't like. There is a reason it doesn't taste good to you.
On the other hand, selecting your fruits purely on ratio isn't that great either. Try to find a workable solution that isn't too expensive but is somewhat flexible so you can adjust you diet according to your body's needs (which your body will tell you by changing food preferences)
panacea

Post by panacea »

I tried this same exact idea once and failed, as the bananas gave me constipation and made me feel sick, but I've never been tolerant with bananas. I still really want this diet to work because it's cheap and easy, so I'm giving it another go by using digestive enzymes before eating the bananas to see if thats the problem and it's not some kind of allergy. I believe for various reasons our bodies could do fine on nutritious but selective diets like this with high health (monkeys of various kinds often depend on figs for most of their fruit intake) but since I'm at a low health state they give me problems. will report back if it works
dime

Post by dime »

Same here, maybe we're just not made for eating bananas..
The only thing that has helped with constipation from bananas was some probiotic (acidophilus if I remember), a few pills were effective for a week or so.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

I'm sorry to hear that both of you guys, Panacea and Dime, don't get on well with bananas.
As for me, I get on extremely well with them. Specially if juiced or pureed with a hand blender (luckily get no acne from it). Don't ever puree with a normal blender though - it will get you a lot of air in your banana puree/shake, and you'll get loads of flatulence :D (and stomach pain).

And Panacea, I'm really sorry to hear you're on low health :( hope you get better soon!
Iris wrote:I believe you should avoid fruits you don't like. There is a reason it doesn't taste good to you.
On the other hand, selecting your fruits purely on ratio isn't that great either. Try to find a workable solution that isn't too expensive but is somewhat flexible so you can adjust you diet according to your body's needs (which your body will tell you by changing food preferences)
I crave nothing else than bananas, yolks and salmon, by now, so I guess I'm good, so far :)
But I know what you're saying. It must not be 100% healthy to do this, but I'm doing it also for curiosity, so I'll keep on experimenting with this till I feel something different in my body.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, i love banana juice as well.
My daughter drinks banana juice since she is 6 months old.
Now (10 months.) she drinks 0.5 L of banana juice daily (mixed with 0.5 L orange or mango juice).
Her stool is always perfect. Never too loose, never too hard.
I use the versapers to juice them. Takes a lot of bananas (yield is only 40%),
but then it tastes like heaven.

Hmmm, maybe i should search for a centrifuge sieve, or something...
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Good to hear your baby daughter's doing well with it :)
May I ask from what does she get her fat mostly? Olive oil?

As for the centrifuge sieve, I don't really think I need it, since the banana puree only gets air with the normal blender. With the hand blender, it gets close to zero air, so I only use the hand blender.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mario91 wrote: May I ask from what does she get her fat mostly? Olive oil?
Mostly from egg yolk and fatty fish.
I only add a few drops of oo to her juice.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

So, I've been buying a lot of bananas... They've always been great.
But the last time I ordered, they came in a box, so I left them in the box (removed the protecting plastics).
Some I took outside.
I noticed that in just one day the bananas that were left in the box, that were only like 60% mature, became completely brown spotted. I tried eating one, and it was horrible tasting - tasted like soap, like an experience I've told here in the forum before!
The ones which were left outside were perfect thought.
Then I noticed, the box said "keep at 14ºC"...
I started thinking... might this have anything to do with temperature? Cause it's like 27ºC here, and the carton box isolates the heat...
Still it's weird... they tasted really horrible, I had to throw them away. Tasted really soapy-toxic like.