Vegetable-Fruits?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Roman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

vegetable fruits?

Post by Roman »

1st question:

Orange, apple, banana, pear are fruits. :D
They attract animals consuming these fruits, spreading around their seeds.
All right... it seems perfectly natural to me.
And avocado, or peach?
Are these fruits for primates? Do you spread their seeds by consuming them? Ehm... I mean, in a natural way?!?

2nd question:

How could I really distinguish a plant from a fruit?

What's a capsicum, or a tomato, or a cucumber, or a zucchini, or an eggplant?

3rd question:

Why should I peel fruits? To avoid pesticides? To avoid substances contained in peel that "protect/defend" the plant from consuming it?
How do you peel very small tomatoes?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: What is "fruits"?

Post by Oscar »

Roman wrote:1st question:

And avocado, or peach?
Are these fruits for primates? Do you spread their seeds by consuming them? Ehm... I mean, in a natural way?!?
Hehe :) Well, you can also walk away from the tree/plant, eat the fruit, then drop the seed on the ground.
Roman wrote:2nd question:

How could I really distinguish a plant from a fruit?
This isn't too easy. Classification be can botanical or culinary, but I think the culinary one is the easiest one. Still, there are exceptions and different sub-classifications. For example tomato, avocado, and cucumber are culinary fruits (fruits, but treated as vegetable). Another criterium for us Waians to consider is taste. If it doesn't taste well, don't eat it.
Roman wrote:3rd question:

Why should I peel fruits? To avoid pesticides? To avoid substances contained in peel that "protect/defend" the plant from consuming it?
Yes, mainly to avoid pesticides. There is also some extra fiber in the peel which we don't really need, but that is a minor issue. On the issue of organic fruit:
RRM wrote:A word of caution; what exactly is organic food, depends on the different standards of individual countries, or even states. Unfortunately, there is no worldwide accepted and controlled standard. It is up to countries, or even 'upon regulation of food distributors' to determine what is organic; what level of pesticides / herbicides used / present in the skin/peel is tolerated (within the margins of the standard).
Roman wrote:How do you peel very small tomatoes?
With a very small knife. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Roman wrote:What's a capsicum?
A sweet pepper, or bell pepper.
Its not as easy to digest as cucumber and tomato, but far easier than other vegetable fruits such zucchini and egg plant.
The latter 2 are not fit for raw consumption by humans.
How do you peel very small tomatoes?
In addition to Oscar's response: with a very sharp knife (the knife I use is big, but very sharp, and works perfectly well even on the very smallest tomatoes.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Oscar wrote:
Roman wrote:1st question:

And avocado, or peach?
Hehe :) Well, you can also walk away from the tree/plant, eat the fruit, then drop the seed on the ground.
Oscar. I put these questions in order to understand a strange problem, I’ll try to explain it to you in my Italian English… Be patient!

I’ve thought for so long time to “natural way of doing” as a good thing, always, and that more we act close to nature plan for us, the better we live, and longer.

I thought of this also about nutrition.

Therefore I ask myself:

“Which is the animal the most similar to humans?”
Ok. A primate. Maybe Chimpanzee? Gorilla? Orangutan? Or maybe Bonobo?
How about its nutrition?

When it finds eggs it just eats the yolk and throws away the white and the bag?
Does it eat any kind of nut? And fish?
And how about olive oil? Is it a “NATURAL FOOD” for us?
Do the other primates squeeze olives to get oil?

Are Wai Diet foods closest to nature plan for us or we shouldn't matter about nature plan? :?

When Wai says about human milk having 1.2% protein I interpret this with the message: "Nature does good and right things (about protein needs), try to do the same!".

When Wai says: "We are not pigeons. We are not cows." isnt't she talking about nature plan for us?

I hope my problem to be enough clear.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I understand what you mean. You're talking about "natural nutrition", the kind of food nature would have intended for us.

Comparing ourselves to primates, our digestive system is quite different. The one species which roughly has the same gut morphology is the Capuchin monkey (Cebus species) which has a high-quality diet of sweet fruits, oily seeds, and (40-50% by feeding time) animal foods--invertebrates (insects) and small vertebrates [Milton 1987, pp. 102-103].

"Optimal nutrition" is looking scientifically what the body needs in terms of nutrients.

The Wai Diet is a combination between "natural nutrition" and "optimal nutrition", so not everything on the diet is necessarily natural, like olive oil.
Roman

Post by Roman »

Oscar wrote:I understand what you mean. You're talking about "natural nutrition", the kind of food nature would have intended for us.
Yes, indeed.
Actually I'm rather disillusioning about Nature Plan for us...
I'm becoming more and more persuaded that Nature makes its plan and we make the ours.
How about human lifespan in Nature's project? 30? 45? 70? 90? 120?
Nature's Plan for us seems to be to make sure of mankind (not individual) survival.
MY (individual) Plan is to live as longer as possible, and as better as possible.
Is it that important for Nature my arriving to 120 or my trying in any case to extend my lifespan (for example by a calorie restricted diet)?

I think Nature's Plan (for us) is to preserve us from death, not necessarily me. :( (unfortunately for me)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Roman! If you are interested in these matters, you might consider reading about Louis Conaro. His writings and information about him are all over the net. He lived to be 102 in the 16th Century!

Here's just one link, out of many.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/bass/cornaro-intro2.html

And don't forget, the Bible says we used to live 100s of years! Did we? Will we again? Not if we listen to television commercials :)

Avalon :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Like I said, the Wai diet follows Nature's plan and optimizes it. It's also a calorie restrictive diet by the way. :)

What our maximum age could be I don't know for sure. Wai suggests at least 120yrs, I think it could be far higher.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Who started eating Wai first? RRM? Wai? Oscar? Whoever reaches 120 last is a rotten yolk! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

LOL :lol:
Roman

Post by Roman »

avalon wrote: And don't forget, the Bible says we used to live 100s of years!
Bible says many things, like that Methuselah reached the age of 969 years... should we believe to these things?!?

When these things are too much strange then they say that are not meant to be taken literally (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methuselah).

No, it isn't such important TO ME what "Bible says", I prefer what "Wai says"... :)
WaiWay

Vegetable-Fruits?

Post by WaiWay »

Hey everyone,

I don't remember seeing anything about this in the FreeAcneBook, or on the website: can cucumbers/tomatoes be consumed without fat? In other words, do they spike blood sugar?

Thanks! :D
dime

Re: Vegetable-Fruits?

Post by dime »

What do you think? Are they sweet to you? Does that mean that they have much sugar?
Start thinking on your own a bit, it'll help you a lot through life ;)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Every fruit (even the very sweet ones) can be consumed without fat (regarding sugar spike) as long as you take very small portion.
dime

Post by dime »

True, and even adding oil to orange juice, I see it more important as a buffer for the acid than for the blood sugar issue.
But if you have to eat more at once, then adding more fat is very helpful to prevent a spike, as it will slow down exit of food from the stomach.