Becoming paranoid over fruit skin?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
jmbattle
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Becoming paranoid over fruit skin?

Post by jmbattle »

Good evening folks,

Before reading of Wai's diet and indeed frequenting these discussion boards, I used to regularly consume whole fruits, believe the fibre in the skins was an important component of one's daily diet - I would even eat the 'pith' of oranges/clementines and think nothing of eating whole apples, core'n'all.

However, wishing to improve the efficiency of digestion - and one would assume vitamin uptake - I have recently taken to paying greater attention to the preparation of fruits; peeling fruits carefully, even coring apples!

This evening, I began peeling a grapefruit as usual, yet rather than consuming the segments whole, I decided to 'peel' the fine skin of each piece, eating just the fleshy, juicy area.

Of course, this was a rather time-consuming process, and a little messy. Furthermore, I did not feel quite as 'satisfied' as I might usually be if eating the sements whole and consequently ate two more oranges in the same way.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, upon writing this a few hours later, I feel a little peckish once again! My query, and perhaps concern, is that consuming fruits in this way - attempting to enhance digestion by removing/reducing fibre - allows one to over-eat, simply because the onset of hunger is that much faster. At this point it might be worth pointing out that I am not drinking fresh orange juice each day, however juicing everything would appear to ultimately be the logical conclusion - albiet arguably a little extreme.

Take care,
James
x
RRM
Administrator

Re: Becoming paranoid over fruit skin?

Post by RRM »

jmbattle wrote:My query, and perhaps concern, is that consuming fruits in this way - attempting to enhance digestion by removing/reducing fibre - allows one to over-eat, simply because the onset of hunger is that much faster.
That is not 'allowing to overeat', but to eat according to your energy needs.
If you are listening to the amount of fiber in your stomach instead of listening to your energy needs, yes THEN you might overeat.
So, all you need to do, if paying attention to your body's need for energy.

albiet arguably a little extreme.
Juicing extreme?
Juicing is 'concentration' of energy and other nutrients.
Most modern foods are 'concentrated'. (energy dense)
So, all these foods are extreme?