Juicing / oil - how is that as nature intended

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
pdb73
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Juicing / oil - how is that as nature intended

Post by pdb73 »

I do believe there is benefit to this way of eating....but I am curious of your opinions in regards to the fact that drinking lots of juice and olive oil is not natural. We were meant to eat fruit and ingest fats naturally found in nature. Juicing fruits / drinking oils is providing a concentrated source which is not what nature intended.

If this diet was indeed a perfect way of eating, then food should be eaten whole and not as a concentrate. And we certainly should not be drinking lots of Olive Oil.

I appreciate the convenience of juices, but why do it? If it is to avoid fibre? - though as fibre is natural - why avoid it? Otherwise we would live as per the eskimos on a meat dense diet : ) Not able to get enough calories from fruit alone without juicing? Another alarm bell.

Oil used to buffer the amount of OJ consumed is yet another unnatural action. The fact that drinking so much OJ makes the body protest should be a hint...no?

Anyways....debate away :D
RRM
Administrator

Re: Juicing / oil - how is that as nature intended

Post by RRM »

I appreciate the convenience of juices, but why do it? If it is to avoid fibre? - though as fibre is natural - why avoid it?
Yes, in nature there are no juices, because juices alone cannot survive.
Juices come in packages to protect them against unwanted consumption.
The package is the fiber (structure, peel).
If lots of oranges are available, you can chose to suck out most of the juice and leave the package behind.
Instead of sucking, you can also use a juicer.
Much more effective.
We don't need fiber. Fiber is not a nutrient.
Fiber cannot be broken down enzymatically, only bacterially, which yields gasses (farting).
Fiber is just a package material that you can do without.
Otherwise we would live as per the eskimos on a meat dense diet : )
Huh?
That thought leap is not logical in my view.
Not able to get enough calories from fruit alone without juicing? Another alarm bell.
No alarm bells ringing.
You can get all calories from fruit without juicing.
Its just easier with juicing.
And burdens you with less fiber.
The fact that drinking so much OJ makes the body protest should be a hint...no?
Its only when the oranges are not perfectly ripe.
When the oranges are perfectly ripe, you don't need the oil.
dime

Post by dime »

Suppose you killed an animal in the wild, do you eat the hair, skin, bones, and everything? It's all natural in the end, no?
Or you just take the nice meat, and perhaps a few organs?
You can make this kind of analogy with orange juice, sugar, oil.
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

i find i enjoy the taste of fruits when they are eaten whole as compared to juice. perhaps its the fibre which kind of make it hard to eat as fast as you would like, which make you savour each bite more.

i find it hard to imagine our ancestors living in a jungle, munching on oranges all day long. just visit any parks in your country. do you think you can survive there? in fact, i just went to my local park the other day and did not find any fruits to pick or that has dropped on the ground.
dime

Post by dime »

Not sure where you live, but here it's winter now.. not really the time for fruits.
liondolphin

Post by liondolphin »

exactly. so what do our ancestors eat during winter? they can't still be munching on fruits all day, can they?
dime

Post by dime »

Probably most of our ancestors lived on the equator.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think you make the mistake of thinking that the Wai diet is a natural diet; it isn't. It is meant to be an optimal (or as close as possible as far as our knowledge goes) diet based on a possible natural diet our ancestors might have eaten.